PDA

View Full Version : Our QB situation; I think it's pretty clear...

WG
08-10-2003, 12:11 PM
Drew will start.

Van Pelt is #2.

Who cares who the 3rd is.

We need some QBs.

R. Rich
08-10-2003, 12:14 PM
Travis Brown did not look good at all last night and I didn't really see enough of Jason Johnson to properly evaluate him. We're set for now; the question is, is there a long term solution or a plan to find one? If so, who??

Novacane
08-10-2003, 12:16 PM
As long as Drew stays healthy we don't need any more QB's....................I know Wys............you don't agree with that.

justasportsfan
08-10-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

We need some QBs.

Bigtime. The chances of what happened to the eagles last year happening to us are slim .Not only for depth. We need to start finding a future qb.

If the Willis draft pans out, we may have the leverage we need to find one.

WG
08-10-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
As long as Drew stays healthy we don't need any more QB's....................I know Wys............you don't agree with that.

We'll see. If his play doesn't improve over last season, you're gonna have a whole lotta of people disagreein' w/ ya.

justasportsfan
08-10-2003, 12:29 PM
Wys, did you see Drew pull a farve like "Throw on the run" to moulds for a 1st down. I'm impressed. I think Drew's gonna be the league MVP. :D

TypicalBill
08-10-2003, 12:31 PM
:laughter:

WG
08-10-2003, 12:34 PM
Naturally...

As long as he continues to amass yardage and attempts, he'll be fine right.

7 TDs, 19 INTs, 5,789 yards, 738 attempts!

GREATNESS! Records are broken. Never mind that the team was 4-12 w/ several 7-3 wins.

:D

TypicalBill
08-10-2003, 12:43 PM

:hungry:

TypicalBill
08-10-2003, 12:46 PM
Better yet 375 of 610 .. 4350 yards .. 24TD's 15Int

:drool:

:D

justasportsfan
08-10-2003, 12:56 PM
Naturally...

As long as he continues to amass yardage and attempts, he'll be fine right.

GREATNESS! Records are broken. Never mind that the team was 4-12 w/ several 7-3 wins.

:D .

Last year he broke Kelly's records. This year he'll beat Randall Cunningham's rushing records. You just sit back and get's those stat's ready.

WG
08-10-2003, 12:59 PM
ROFLMAO...

He'll scramle like Fran did too I'm quite sure!

;)

Tatonka
08-10-2003, 01:08 PM
wys doing his standard 180 on a player.. kinda like how he dogged henry last year.. then all the sudden he loves him..

all offseason he was in love with TB, but take the opportunity to jump ship quickly..

SoCalBillsFan
08-10-2003, 01:35 PM
I respect a man who can change his opinion. It shows character.

WG
08-10-2003, 02:12 PM
Hey, I call it as I see it. On Brown, all we had was a fraction of a game and I said that I think he's definitely worth looking at. Somehow to T and others that translates to me saying that he's a future ProBowl player in the making or something. Now that he's played some, and based on what I'm hearing from camp, not seeing, but hearing from others, it does not appear that he's consistent. It's quite possible that his showing in the Miami game two seasons ago was a fluke.

I fail to see how testing him further or giving him PT w/ the first unit somehow hurts this team. Yet there are many who didn't even want to give him a chance. Whatever!

T isn't being honest tho. All I asked is to see him w/ the first unit, which OH, BTW, we still haven't seen. All I heard was some criticism of him when he tossed an INT in the red zone in the Cleveland scrimmage w/ the 3rd unit.

Meanwhile, Drew did that w/ the 1st unit 4 times last year, and once more w/ a fumble, and the same criticism wasn't levied. It's two sets of standards.

WG
08-10-2003, 02:20 PM
How do ya think Drew would have done w/ the 3rd unit there T?

BillsOwnAll
08-10-2003, 02:27 PM
Drew will start.

Van Pelt is #2.

Who cares who the 3rd is.

We need some QBs. Did This really need to be posted....i mean who doesnt know this!

ShadowHawk7
08-10-2003, 02:46 PM

We'll see. If his play doesn't improve over last season, you're gonna have a whole lotta of people disagreein' w/ ya.

Hey Wys, I'm kinda new here, but already think you're sum dumb, obsessed FinFan talkin smuck bout the Best Team in the NFL!

Who agrees with me? :club: :pow: :apu:

BillsOwnAll
08-10-2003, 02:47 PM
no see wys calls himself a bills fan :rofl:

WG
08-10-2003, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by BillsOwnAll
Did This really need to be posted....i mean who doesnt know this!

You're a little too quick for me there BOA!

I guess there's no sense in mentioning that that was my entire point. You were just too quick to the draw on that one...

I can just feel the intelligence bubbling over here...

:rolleyes:

WG
08-10-2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by ShadowHawk7

Hey Wys, I'm kinda new here, but already think you're sum dumb, obsessed FinFan talkin smuck bout the Best Team in the NFL!

Darn 7,

You found me out! Congratulations!!

Yes, I'm dumb, obsessed, and a Fin fan! And you're right, we're unquestionably the best team in the NFL. What on earth am I thinking not realizing that we're headed for a Super Bowl win here!

Just like BOA, you're a little too quick for me!

I will have to consider all of that marvelous information you provided and ponder it. Perhaps I'll see your points a little more clearly.

Let's see, in review:

1. I'm dumb
2. I'm obsessed
3. and conjunctively, I'm a Fin Fan.

I'm constantly learning things here!

Oh, and by-all-means, don't let me forget that we're categorically and unquestionably the best football team in the NFL. But of course, we were 8-8 last year! What on earth was I thinking!

A thousand pardons!

Funny tho, I haven't read too many opinions of writers covering the NFL or the Bills who agree with you. But, silly me, I guess that's immaterial!

So sorry...

You got a pipe?

Let me know when you need a little sumthin' to stuff into it..., I'll have some suggestions at the quick and ready, just for you! :D

WG
08-10-2003, 03:03 PM
Maybe you two should start your own column!

This just in:

"DREW RULES!!!"

"BILLS Easily the best team in the NFL"
byline: "Not as if they're not the best everyyear!"

WG
08-10-2003, 03:06 PM
Ya know, part of this nonsense comes from some of you others here who jump on anything I say regardless of whether it's based in truth or not or whether it's based on premises that I laid out as opposed to those that were opinionatedly stated at some point even tho I never did.

BillsOwnAll
08-10-2003, 03:06 PM
Wys when bills win the SB...i dont wanna see you bragging.

Dolfan984
08-10-2003, 03:33 PM
The Qb situation is obvious, but yeah I listened to the end of the Bills game and Travis Brown was not very impressive, and definately not as impressive as Sage Rosenfels. (Would be a backup for several teams, maybe even yours) Drafting a QB next year would be smart.

justasportsfan
08-10-2003, 04:03 PM
Hey, I call it as I see it. On Brown, all we had was a fraction of a game and I said that I think he's definitely worth looking at. Somehow to T and others that translates to me saying that he's a future ProBowl player in the making or something. Now that he's played some, and based on what I'm hearing from camp, not seeing, but hearing from others, it does not appear that he's consistent. It's quite possible that his showing in the Miami game two seasons ago was a fluke.

I fail to see how testing him further or giving him PT w/ the first unit somehow hurts this team. Yet there are many who didn't even want to give him a chance. Whatever!

T isn't being honest tho. All I asked is to see him w/ the first unit, which OH, BTW, we still haven't seen. All I heard was some criticism of him when he tossed an INT in the red zone in the Cleveland scrimmage w/ the 3rd unit.

Meanwhile, Drew did that w/ the 1st unit 4 times last year, and once more w/ a fumble, and the same criticism wasn't levied. It's two sets of standards.

wys, you stated and were willing to bet that Tb would outperform Drew ( a probowler) , so if some translated your words to TB a future probowler, you can't blame them.

First team, second team, doesn't matter TB could even hit his target. It's one thing if the recievers were dropping the ball, TB was either underthrowing or throwing behind recievers.

I'm not ready to count TB out as being a bust, but he isn't even close to VP all the more Drew.

SoCalBillsFan
08-10-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by BillsOwnAll
Did This really need to be posted...!

This coming from you? :chuckle:

SoCalBillsFan
08-10-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by ShadowHawk7

Why, because he is able to find flaws with his favorite team? Well in that case, I'm a finfan too! I think Sam Adams has not proved himself yet, our OL depth is weak, our backup QB situation could be better, we are unproven at WR (yes, I think reed is not a lock for success this year), I think our coaching stinks...That makes me not a fan? Please! True fans are able to criticize their team. Granted, wys views are often extreme, but its BECAUSE he is such a fan, not the other way around.

Jan Reimers
08-10-2003, 05:13 PM
I think Brown is fine as # 3. Like most teams, it's pretty much over if you have to play your 3rd guy for any length of time. I guess the real issue is that he isn't our QB of the future, so we have to start looking to fill that need.

Tatonka
08-10-2003, 07:43 PM
Somehow to T and others that translates to me saying that he's a future ProBowl player in the making or something. Now that he's played some, and based on what I'm hearing from camp, not seeing, but hearing from others, it does not appear that he's consistent. It's quite possible that his showing in the Miami game two seasons ago was a fluke.

dude.. you so said that TB would outplay Drew.. i really dont feel like finding it through your one million posts.. but i know for a fact that you were A LOT more gungho about TB than just saying.. oh he might be ok blah blah.. you were so geeked about TB, that you were making statements like TB for #2.. AVP is not as good.. and even going on to say that TB would be better than Drew with the #1 team.. talking about his mobility ect ect..

How do ya think Drew would have done w/ the 3rd unit there T?

i think drew would eat the 3rd string defenses lunch even with the 3rd string offense with him.. no doubt in my mind.

Originally posted by justasportsfan
wys, you stated and were willing to bet that Tb would outperform Drew ( a probowler) , so if some translated your words to TB a future probowler, you can't blame them.

First team, second team, doesn't matter TB could even hit his target. It's one thing if the recievers were dropping the ball, TB was either underthrowing or throwing behind recievers.

I'm not ready to count TB out as being a bust, but he isn't even close to VP all the more Drew.

see.. that is what i am talking about.. i knew i was not the only one who thought he made those statements...

that is why everyone is laughing at you now as you backtrack wys.. now who is not being completely honest.. ;)

eyedog
08-10-2003, 07:53 PM
All anyone needs to know about the qb situation is this, if Drew goes down for an extended period of time we are ****ed. Because both of the backups stink imo.

BillsMan80
08-10-2003, 08:41 PM
Wys, you say that you want to test Brown with the 1st unit, however, on the contrary, that would be completely irrational, because at this point, we need our offense to be clicking, and sitting Drew down to work Brown in with the 1st unit would be pretty stupid IMO. We need to work out chemistry and we need to get our offense on the same page. Not put a QB who can't even get it done against 3rd stringers into the lineup with our 1st stringers and screw things up more. If Brown can't cut it in practice or the preseason, he should be gone. It's as simple as that. This isn't pee-wee football anymore where everyone gets a shot.

MDFINFAN
08-10-2003, 08:47 PM
Totanka, you might not believe this, and Wys will kill me for it, even though I told him I would tell, But he actually said:

I Don't care if we cut T. Brown after what I've seen today

I was in shocked, but then he said he would like to see T.Brown with the first unit. Just to see how he does. I knew he was back out of his shock then. LOL