PDA

View Full Version : My game grades:

WG
08-10-2003, 02:54 PM
QB: Bledsoe, C; Brown, D+

RB: Gary, C; Burns, B-;

WR: Coleman, A; Moulds, A-

OL: starting, B-; 2nd, B

DL: B-, didn't generate much more than a nominal pass rush until the 2nd unit came in. Rush D was good overall.

LBs: B+

DBs: A-

STs: Returns, A; Coverage, C-

Our KOs were fielded w/ a very consistent average at the Ravens 2.6 YL.

KO returns allowed averaged 23 yards.

Punt Coverage was much better.

Punt returns avg'd. 25 yards, KO returns avg'd. 31 yards.

BillsOwnAll
08-10-2003, 02:57 PM
ok how did bledsoe get one grade above brown....seriously you dont make sense man...l

BillsOwnAll
08-10-2003, 02:58 PM
i notice you didnt give AVP a grade....supose you dont give A+'s?

cordog
08-10-2003, 02:58 PM
YOUR GRADES ARE BULL****

Bert102176
08-10-2003, 03:01 PM
Travis Brown sucks, I didn't think the D was that great either

WG
08-10-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by BillsOwnAll
ok how did bledsoe get one grade above brown....seriously you dont make sense man...l

Gee BOA, I wouldn't have guess coming from you.

Nice of you to backup your position however.

You know what I think about posters like you who can only criticize and don't counter to support their posts, right!

BTW, do you think my grade for Brown was too high?

Drew's too low?

Why?

What did Drew do?

Brown had some horrendous throws, but some very good ones too. I actually thought a D+ might be a bit too low.

Novacane
08-10-2003, 03:16 PM
I don't know how you can give Brown only a slightly worse grade than Bledsoe. :scratch:

Brown looked like crap. If Bledsoe played like Brown did you would have given him a F - - - -

WG
08-10-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by cordog
YOUR GRADES ARE BULL****

Originally posted by Bert102176

LMAO...

GREAT counter analyses...

:lolcry:

Novacane
08-10-2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

, but some very good ones too.

Uh..........................which ones were those?

cordog
08-10-2003, 03:22 PM
Heres a counter, Grades for preseason or for that matter any games are just plain ******ed. Especially when they come from someone with views as strange as wys's. Who cares about grades. We will make it easy. If the Bills win A, if they dont F. If anyone should be giving grades on here it should be INGTAR

WG
08-10-2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
I don't know how you can give Brown only a slightly worse grade than Bledsoe. :scratch:

Brown looked like crap. If Bledsoe played like Brown did you would have given him a F - - - -

Deep sigh...

I see the hatred for Brown is great here!

Brown made a few great throws.

What did Drew do to warrant anything higher?

At one point Drew was 2 of 6 for 5 yards!

If Drew played like Brown did FtG?

How do you think Drew would have played had he played w/ the 3rd and 2nd units? Think he would have done better than he did w/ the first?

He started the game 0 for 3, his best pass was an 11-yarder to Moulds, he had a game rating of 57.8 to Brown's 54.3, and he finished the game 4 of 8 for 27 yards and a YPA of 3.4!

You're right!

YEEEEHAAAAHHHH!!!

:rolleyes:

What is this, homer central today! What's in the coffee that everyone's drinking today.

I really can't put up w/ another season of everyone singing Drew's praises after playing to ratings of less than 70.

BillsOwnAll
08-10-2003, 03:24 PM
ok here are my reason....i agree bledsoe should get a C or C- this game...but Browns Grade was to high....he completed what 40%? i know drew only complete 4 for 8 but brown had 21 attemtps...so its hard to compare those... and brown COMPLETELY missed reciivers sometimes. and i know he didnt throw any intros..but i would of given him an f+ and bledose a c+ and AVP an A+. another reason is that most of his completions were to the same guy,coleman, colemans good in all but what about reed?shaw? he didnt spread the ball around. And this is partially the O-lines fault but he got sacked alot....he was supose to be the scarmbler what happen to that??

THERE ARE MY MANNNNNNNNNNY REASON WHY YOUR QB GRADES ARE BAD!

WG
08-10-2003, 03:25 PM
You know, you guys say it's B.S.

But the truth of the matter is that there isn't a single tidbit of useful or credible information in this thread other than what I've posted.

It's pure opinion v. a well thought out/reasoned out analysis!

Un-Believeable!

WG
08-10-2003, 03:25 PM
Sorry BOA, I didn't even bother to read it!

I've had enough mindless, inane B.S. for one day...!

See ya tomorrow...

cordog
08-10-2003, 03:28 PM
where is this well thought out analysis?

Novacane
08-10-2003, 03:29 PM

Deep sigh...

What did Drew do to warrant anything higher?

At one point Drew was 2 of 6 for 5 yards!

If Drew played like Brown did FtG?

How do you think Drew would have played had he played w/ the 3rd and 2nd units? Think he would have done better than he did w/ the first?

He started the game 0 for 3, his best pass was an 11-yarder to Moulds, he had a game rating of 57.8 to Brown's 54.3, and he finished the game 4 of 8 for 27 yards and a YPA of 3.4!

You're right!

YEEEEHAAAAHHHH!!!

:rolleyes:

What is this, homer central today! What's in the coffee that everyone's drinking today.

I really can't put up w/ another season of everyone singing Drew's praises after playing to ratings of less than 70.

DId you read my post............Was I singing Drews praises? NO. I agree with your Grade of C for him.

What I don't agree is your grade for Brown. He looked awful. Why are you defending him?

Oh and how would he have done if playing with first stringers? I don't know? How do you think he would have done playing against first stringers?

BillsOwnAll
08-10-2003, 03:29 PM
lol cuase you know ALL my reaons are true...

Novacane
08-10-2003, 03:37 PM
Heres a stat for you.Bledsoe slightly over 1 quarte...........offense scores 7 points

Brown..............2 and 1/2 quarters and offense scores 3 points.

Please don't use the he was playing with 2nd and 3rd stringers excuse . He was also playing against the ravens scrubs so that is BS.

Fair grades would have been

Bledsoe......C

Brown...........F

cordog
08-10-2003, 03:42 PM
I wanna know where wys's "well thought out analytical information" is.....THIS IS FREAKIN FOOTBALL NOT SCIENCE CLASS

bernielivsey_1
08-10-2003, 03:42 PM
:finfan: You guys need to leave Wys alone. If you actually got what your asking for and WYS gives DREW an A + it would be one of the first signs of the armagedden. Its in Revalations 11:11
The WYS one will praise him the trumpets will sound and the 4 horsemen will appear and it will be the end of days. :brush:

BillsOwnAll
08-10-2003, 03:46 PM
well i dont care what he says really i know whats going down...

Novacane
08-10-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by bernielivsey_1
:finfan: You guys need to leave Wys alone. If you actually got what your asking for and WYS gives DREW an A +:

NO ONE is saying Bledsoe deserved an A. That is what drives people crazy when Wys calls us Bledsoe lovers and ignores what we are really saying.

All I have seen in this thread is people saying no way Brown deserved a grade almost the same as Bledsoe. Brown was horrible and that was against guys that will be flippin burgers in a month!

Bert102176
08-10-2003, 03:51 PM
all I'm saying is that Travis Brown sucks.

Novacane
08-10-2003, 04:00 PM

Ditto............................guess that puts you in the Bledsoe lovers club:chuckle:

ublinkwescore
08-10-2003, 04:20 PM
At least it appears that we've got a D that will get us the ball back on a regular basis.

justasportsfan
08-10-2003, 04:27 PM

Deep sigh...

Wys, nobody hates Brown here. It may seem like it because practically everyone here is trying to prove you wrong.

Brown didn't make any "great throws" He may have made good ones but not great. See what I mean, Drew didn't do anything but TB made "great throws". This is why people try to blast TB to make you look bad.

If there was one great throw is was VP to Coleman. Then again you don't mention it because that throw makes Brown look bad.

BillsOwnAll
08-10-2003, 04:33 PM
NO ONE is saying Bledsoe deserved an A. That is what drives people crazy when Wys calls us Bledsoe lovers and ignores what we are really saying.

All I have seen in this thread is people saying no way Brown deserved a grade almost the same as Bledsoe. Brown was horrible and that was against guys that will be flippin burgers in a month!
THANK YOU FTG!!! you said that well. i mean noone did they he deserved an A. i said C or C+.

Jan Reimers
08-10-2003, 04:53 PM
I'm not as concerned with DB and TB as I am with our starting D line's inability to get any pressure on Redman, and our starting O line's allowing quite a bit of pressure on Bledsoe. I guess that defensively, we weren't showing any of our blitz packages yet.

I thought Morris played well, and that A. Brown and Coleman are creating a real dilemma as to 4th and 5th (and maybe 6th?) reciever.

I didn't think Denney looked particularly good, but I watched Jones on a few plays and he seemed to be moving pretty well.

Tatonka
08-10-2003, 05:06 PM
wys mentions that drew wouldnt have done much better than TB with the 2nd and 3rd stringers.. as if bledsoe went out and played against the 2nd and 3rd stringers..

guess what.. if you play with the 3rd string offense.. it gets cancelled out by the fact that you are playing against scrubs on defense..

so basically.. TB couldnt score against scrubs.. and there were numerous starters out there when TB came in.. including teague, williams and jennings on oline and reed at wr.

Tatonka
08-10-2003, 05:08 PM
oh.. and about your grades wys.. i think they are pretty accurate.

the only one i would disagree with is the secondary grade.. at A-

to get an A anything in my book, you cant give up big pass plays.. and the secondary gave up at least 3.. and mcgee dropped a sure int that ended up in points..

but that is only if your grading the whole unit.. starters and backups.. the starters were solid.. although they got scored on... regardless of the somewhat short field.

WG
08-10-2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
oh.. and about your grades wys.. i think they are pretty accurate.

the only one i would disagree with is the secondary grade.. at A-

to get an A anything in my book, you cant give up big pass plays.. and the secondary gave up at least 3.. and mcgee dropped a sure int that ended up in points..

but that is only if your grading the whole unit.. starters and backups.. the starters were solid.. although they got scored on... regardless of the somewhat short field.

Thanks T!

Yes, my grades were primarily for the first/first-second teams, not the scrubs later on. In fact, most of my grades didn't count the 4th Q.

As to the rest of you, seems like your entire overreaction is based on my grade for TB. All I can say is that if you boys get that upset over something so small, then I would presume that there are other issues in your lives.

Try this:

"Wys,

I feel that your grade for Brown is a bit too high although for Drew I think C is about right. Brown simply didn't hit his throws most of the time. While the two were similarly rated for that game, Brown, IMO, played much worse and deserving of an F."

Instead:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by cordog
YOUR GRADES ARE BULL****

Uh..........................which ones were those?

Heres a counter, Grades for preseason or for that matter any games are just plain ******ed. Especially when they come from someone with views as strange as wys's. Who cares about grades. We will make it easy. If the Bills win A, if they dont F. If anyone should be giving grades on here it should be INGTAR

where is this well thought out analysis?

lol cuase you know ALL my reaons are true...

I wanna know where wys's "well thought out analytical information" is.....THIS IS FREAKIN FOOTBALL NOT SCIENCE CLASS

well i dont care what he says really i know whats going down...

Ditto............................guess that puts you in the Bledsoe lovers club:chuckle:

One slightly, IYO, grade for Brown prompted ALLLLL that, eh!

I'd say there are some issues here.

WG
08-10-2003, 05:23 PM
BTW, you guys assume wayyyy too much. My grades were made entirely independently for Brown and Drew. One had absolutely nothing to do w/ the other, but it's clear that you seem to think that somehow I carefully craft my grades simply to slight Drew!

And quite frankly, if you think Travis deserved an F, then I don't know how Bledsoe gets a C. So as long as you can't seem to separate the two, sure, let's compare them, eh!

I don't think one was much more effective than the other. "Effective." In fact, at least Brown's O moved the ball. Brown didn't do much worse in his first two drives than Drew did in his. He also didn't have the D gift wrap one for him in the red zone!

Brown also led the Bills on their longest drive of the day, going 4 of 6 for 41 yards and leading the O to 65 yards and a FG. He put up more than three times the passing yards than Drew did in about twice the snaps, and less than double the playing time, and in 7 drives vice 4.

It's unbelieveable! Truly! Absolutley unbelieveable!

Tatonka
08-10-2003, 05:23 PM
:lol: at that list... and :lolcry: that wys took the time to reference them all! :D

WG
08-10-2003, 05:24 PM
ok here are my reason....i agree bledsoe should get a C or C- this game...but Browns Grade was to high....he completed what 40%? i know drew only complete 4 for 8 but brown had 21 attemtps...so its hard to compare those... and brown COMPLETELY missed reciivers sometimes. and i know he didnt throw any intros..but i would of given him an f+ and bledose a c+ and AVP an A+. another reason is that most of his completions were to the same guy,coleman, colemans good in all but what about reed?shaw? he didnt spread the ball around. And this is partially the O-lines fault but he got sacked alot....he was supose to be the scarmbler what happen to that??

THERE ARE MY MANNNNNNNNNNY REASON WHY YOUR QB GRADES ARE BAD!

Here's a tip BOA!!!

Then SAY that!

Don't act like an 8 year old in the midst of a tantrum b/c he didn't get his afternoon juice!

WG
08-10-2003, 05:40 PM
Heres a stat for you.Bledsoe slightly over 1 quarte...........offense scores 7 points

Brown..............2 and 1/2 quarters and offense scores 3 points.

Please don't use the he was playing with 2nd and 3rd stringers excuse . He was also playing against the ravens scrubs so that is BS.

Fair grades would have been

Bledsoe......C

Brown...........F

And here's a stat for you!

Since you insist on defending Drew in spite of a really pretty bad performance;

In 3 entire drives w/ the first unit, we managed only 1 first down until early in the last play of the 1st Q and that 1st down came on a 3rd down penalty!

Yes, Drew "led" the O to 7 points. But I was curious if you happened to have noticed that the entire drive was 14 whopping yards set up by an INT by Clements!

Still impressed?!

Oh, silly me, I should probably also mention that we did get another 1st down after the one mentioned. Out of 13 offensive plays on 4 drives for a drive yardage total of 43 BIIIIG yards, much of which was achieved due to penalties!

Just a heads up. At least that was the case in the game I was watching, so perhaps C was a bit too generous for Drew as well, no?

At least I was consistent w/in that Category.

Novacane
08-10-2003, 05:52 PM

And here's a stat for you!

Since you insist on defending Drew in spite of a really pretty bad performance;

In 3 entire drives w/ the first unit, we managed only 1 first down until early in the last play of the 1st Q and that 1st down came on a 3rd down penalty!

Yes, Drew "led" the O to 7 points. But I was curious if you happened to have noticed that the entire drive was 14 whopping yards set up by an INT by Clements!

Still impressed?!

Oh, silly me, I should probably also mention that we did get another 1st down after the one mentioned. Out of 13 offensive plays on 4 drives for a drive yardage total of 43 BIIIIG yards, much of which was achieved due to penalties!

Just a heads up. At least that was the case in the game I was watching, so perhaps C was a bit too generous for Drew as well, no?

At least I was consistent w/in that Category.

Wys..................................in the future would you please READ posts. I AM NOT DEFENDING DREW BLEDSOES GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MDFINFAN
08-10-2003, 06:00 PM
Why don't some of you guys try posting with some facts to back up your one liners.

i.e. T. Brown was bad because.......
I disagree with you Wys because.....

You all sound like homers, which to a certain degree you should be as this is a bills board, but when you discuss your team, you should be able to point out the good and bad with some observation that has some merit to go with it, other than. That 's bull, why is it bull? Have a debate that people can deal with. It's easy to cat call, if you don't have to present a logical argument with it.

Novacane
08-10-2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN
Why don't some of you guys try posting with some facts to back up your one liners.

i.e. T. Brown was bad because.......
I disagree with you Wys because.....

Uh.......................finfan..........................

What the H do you want us to say. You were at the game. What do we have to spell out for you about Travis Brown? He blew!

Novacane
08-10-2003, 06:45 PM
BTW, you guys assume wayyyy too much. My grades were made entirely independently for Brown and Drew. One had absolutely nothing to do w/ the other, but it's clear that you seem to think that somehow I carefully craft my grades simply to slight Drew!

Why would we think that? :scratch: It could not possibly be because you spent the entire offseason posting "Drew Sucks" threads as well as bragging about Brown.

Novacane
08-10-2003, 06:53 PM

You all sound like homers, which to a certain degree you should be as this is a bills board, but when you discuss your team, you should be able to point out the good and bad .

Just wondering how the heck you come up with calling us homers from reading this thread? :huh:

I have not seen a single post in this thread say Wys grades were to low. If anything they were to high................Moulds A- on 2 catchs for 16 yards? :idunno:

Wys is the one thats saying we are critisizing Bledsoe's grade as to low. No one ever said that.

Billz_fan
08-10-2003, 07:07 PM
wys has a pet finfan now ? :laughter:

Seriously why does anyone even bother to try and discuss with wys ? I knew along time ago it was going to be useless to try and discuss anything with him.

I think he has all you guys # and he likes yanking your chains, it goes on day in day out 365 a year :z:

Billz_fan
08-10-2003, 07:10 PM

You all sound like homers, which to a certain degree you should be as this is a bills board

you are averaging about 10 posts per day here in homerville.

Sounds like the pot is calling the kettle black.

Novacane
08-10-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Billz_fan

:lol:

Novacane
08-10-2003, 07:19 PM

Seriously why does anyone even bother to try and discuss with wys ?

Because we're bored:jawdrop:

Billz_fan
08-10-2003, 07:35 PM

Because we're bored:jawdrop:

I kinda figured that was it, but I wanted to ask :D

Carry on :wave:

SABURZFAN
08-11-2003, 01:28 AM

What is this, homer central today!

this wasn't finheaven the last time i looked.

SABURZFAN
08-11-2003, 01:30 AM

that would be The Ostrich Club.

SABURZFAN
08-11-2003, 01:33 AM

Here's a tip BOA!!!

don't eat the yellow snow.:snicker:

SABURZFAN
08-11-2003, 01:35 AM
You all sound like homers, which to a certain degree you should be as this is a bills board

what would that make finheaven?

SABURZFAN
08-11-2003, 01:37 AM

WG
08-11-2003, 01:43 AM

Uh.......................finfan..........................

What the H do you want us to say. You were at the game. What do we have to spell out for you about Travis Brown? He blew!

Right, and you berated me for giving him a grade of D+!!!!

It's not like I gave him a B and Drew a C!!!!

GEEEESH!!!

Give it a rest already. Honestly, you and those other two clowns jumped all over me as if I just said I was gonna drive to Buffalo and shoot TD in the forehead!

A D+!!! I wouldn't have given Drew an F for that. That S.D. game was an F!!! Brown did have a few good throws. Like I said, it was almost as if there were two different QBs out there. One played like CRAP, just as you said, for 60% of the time, the other played OK for the other 40% of the time!!!

Yet, you want me and everyone to discount the good plays entirely! Is that fair? Drew didn't even have any good pass plays! What, an 11 yarder to Moulds to cap the afternoon?!?!

BIG DEAL!!! And that was it w/ only 15 or 16 other yards on 3 other passes!

So while I know you're not defending Drew's play, and I wasn't being hard on it either until you guys started goin' apeshot!!! A C may have been generous, don't you think! And you agreed w/ that! So WTH is everyone supposed to assume other than you have it out for Brown!?!?

Geesh! Give the man credit for a handful of throws, will ya! He's a backup QB and everyone hates the guy! It's unbelieveable. Especially when you realize that we could have had both Blake and Dilfer here as backups for cheap!!!

justasportsfan
08-11-2003, 09:33 AM

I have not seen a single post in this thread say Wys grades were to low. If anything they were to high................Moulds A- on 2 catchs for 16 yards? :idunno:

Moulds had 2 catches? MD said Moulds didn't have a single catch.

Like MD said ,Ya'll are homers. :coocoo:

Novacane
08-11-2003, 10:55 AM

supposed to assume other than you have it out for Brown!?!?

Geesh! Give the man credit for a handful of throws, will ya! He's a backup QB and everyone hates the guy! It's unbelieveable. Especially when you realize that we could have had both Blake and Dilfer here as backups for cheap!!!

I do not have it out for Travis Brown anymore than you have it out for Drew. Brown is a Bill and I want to see him succeed. Just does not look real promising yet. I am pulling for him next week. I too,like you would like to see him play with first team some.

You gotta realize...................we only jump on Brown because we are so used to you berating Bledsoe .

BTW........glad to see you lowered some of Browns throws from "great" To "good." I can agree he had some good throws......................but not any great ones.

Novacane
08-11-2003, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by justasportsfan

Moulds had 2 catches? MD said Moulds didn't have a single catch.

You don't expect a fin fan to tell the truth do you:doh: Bunch of lying hillbilles:mex:

BillsOwnAll
08-11-2003, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN
this wasn't finheaven the last time i looked.

that would be The Ostrich Club.

don't eat the yellow snow.:snicker:

what would that make finheaven?

SF LOG DIDNT MAKE MULTI QUOTE FOR HIS HEALTH!!!!!!!

Novacane
08-11-2003, 11:27 AM

SF LOG DIDNT MAKE MULTI QUOTE FOR HIS HEALTH!!!!!!!

Leave him alone. How's he gonna make top 10 posters by opening day if he does not .................................nevermind.......................thats someone else :D

BillsOwnAll
08-11-2003, 11:31 AM

BillsOwnAll
08-11-2003, 11:32 AM
and BTW SF is competion so....you know

justasportsfan
08-11-2003, 11:57 AM

Brown also led the Bills on their longest drive of the day, going 4 of 6 for 41 yards and leading the O to 65 yards and a FG. He put up more than three times the passing yards than Drew did in about twice the snaps, and less than double the playing time, and in 7 drives vice 4.

It's unbelieveable! Truly! Absolutley unbelieveable!

wys:

What is this, homer central today!

:scratch: Yup!

WG
08-11-2003, 12:04 PM
It's called a fact just!

You have a dictionary, right?

LOL BOA!!

WG
08-11-2003, 12:08 PM
I do not have it out for Travis Brown anymore than you have it out for Drew. Brown is a Bill and I want to see him succeed. Just does not look real promising yet. I am pulling for him next week. I too,like you would like to see him play with first team some.

You gotta realize...................we only jump on Brown because we are so used to you berating Bledsoe .

BTW........glad to see you lowered some of Browns throws from "great" To "good." I can agree he had some good throws......................but not any great ones.

I don't "have it out" for Drew. I try to be objective, and over the long haul I think you'll find that I have been. Don't let the frequency of the discussion alter the truth about the matter.

I'd say the opposite in fact, I'd say that many Bills fans are artificially and w/o real evidence praising Drew simply b/c he's Drew.

Either way, my analyses are always independent of one another. You are probably correct. Perhaps a better grade for Brown would have been D or D-. But having said that, I'd have moved Drew to C- or D+ then. I'd say my scale was high, and the reality of the matter is that I gave Drew a C so that you and others wouldn't have to check into the nearest ER for an EKG and blood pressure control medication!

He couldn't move the team at all. Our TD started on a drive begun at the Raven 14 and was 3 of 4 runs!

I don't care what you do or who you are, if you can't lead the O to more than 40 yards over more than a Q w/ the first unit, then you didn't do well at all.

Novacane
08-11-2003, 12:13 PM

I don't care what you do or who you are, if you can't lead the O to more than 40 yards over more than a Q w/ the first unit, then you didn't do well at all.

It was'nt his fault....................the play calling was to conservative:D

Run Run Pass Punt Run Run Pass punt..............

THATHURMANATOR
08-11-2003, 12:41 PM
You all sound like homers, which to a certain degree you should be as this is a bills board.

I read this whole thread and I really couldn't find anything that made anyone sound like homers. For one this people were saying that Brown stunk, which if you are a homer you think every player on your team is god. The argument is that he bunched Drew's and Browns grades closely when, as it seems,(I couldn't watch the game but from what I heard from everyone that did) that Brown was terrible and Bledsoe was decent.

THATHURMANATOR
08-11-2003, 12:44 PM

I don't "have it out" for Drew.

If anyone in the history of the universe has had it out for someone more than you have it out for Bledsoe I would be amazed.