PDA

View Full Version : anyone notice?

cordog
08-10-2003, 03:01 PM
Does anyone else notice the lack of fin fans over here talking crap today cuz the bills looked good?

BillsOwnAll
08-10-2003, 03:02 PM
yup......matter of time before we see WCF..

SABURZFAN
08-10-2003, 08:12 PM
it's not like their opinions matter anyways.:D

Schobel94
08-10-2003, 08:19 PM
Man did the dolphins suck though, I didnt want to give them any crap at finheaven, I think they've been through enough... but man did they suck in that game!

Novacane
08-10-2003, 08:20 PM
Griese looked like Travis Brown.

MDFINFAN
08-10-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by cordog
Does anyone else notice the lack of fin fans over here talking crap today cuz the bills looked good?

I was here last night and earlier today..I was also at the game, and you didn't look good. That much I know for sure. You look as good as Miami, just playing a little less team in the Ravens, but their 1st D looked just as good on your 1st O as the Bucs D looked on our 1st O. But since I know that both O's are better than what they showed in the 1st preseason game. I'll reserve judgement on them for now.

cordog
08-10-2003, 09:17 PM
Holding the Ravens to 7 points thru 3 quarters doesnt sound too bad to me.

mikemac2001
08-10-2003, 09:19 PM
Henry and Gary arnt same running back....hmmm lack of running game hmmmm

Schobel94
08-10-2003, 09:33 PM
Yeah and our first string D didnt let them score 2 TD's, one of which was driven by a second string qb. The one we let in was less than half field too. Both D's played good games (Ravens and Bills) while the O's struggled a bit.

ublinkwescore
08-10-2003, 10:39 PM
The O's almost always tend to struggle early in preseason (and sometimes for the first couple weeks too) whereas the D's tend to be noticeably further ahead then the O - I guess it's harder to execute on O then it is on D. Maybe that's why TD went for the O first, and then waited till this offseason to revamp our D. Last year, our O looked like crap in the preseason, then we looked like a different team in week one/two/ (coulda won in Denver if Henry didn't have fumble-itus - hopefully he's over it now).

bernielivsey_1
08-10-2003, 11:17 PM
:bigmike: Their to busy crying because they know December is only 4 months away and then the swoon begins. (I know I asked the before but did Seau tackle Pittman yet??????????). Their also thinking about '72. When they had 2 QB's with the ability to win in DECEMBER. Teal and December dont mix. :movie:

cordog
08-10-2003, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by bernielivsey_1
:bigmike: Their to busy crying because they know December is only 4 months away and then the swoon begins. (I know I asked the before but did Seau tackle Pittman yet??????????). Their also thinking about '72. When they had 2 QB's with the ability to win in DECEMBER. Teal and December dont mix. :movie:

LOL THAT IS GREAT!!!!

I think Seau is still chasing Pittman

Jan Reimers
08-11-2003, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN
I was here last night and earlier today..I was also at the game, and you didn't look good. That much I know for sure. You look as good as Miami, just playing a little less team in the Ravens, but their 1st D looked just as good on your 1st O as the Bucs D looked on our 1st O. But since I know that both O's are better than what they showed in the 1st preseason game. I'll reserve judgement on them for now.

I agree, MD - I was unimpressed with both our starting O and D units, but thankfully it was only the first preseason game - for both of us.

Throne Logic
08-11-2003, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by ublinkwescore
Maybe that's why TD went for the O first, and then waited till this offseason to revamp our D.

I'd have to say it has more to do with selling tickets and general fan excitement. There aren't too many of us who get as excited (if not more) with good D vs. good explosive Offense. TD needed go rekindle that flame before anything else. For proof of the flame effect: please refer to how T. Spikes wound up in Buffalo.

Plus, Gilbride's Offensive playbook is fairly simple compared to the Williams/Gray Defensive scheme. "I want every receiver to run as fast and far as you can and Drew will try to hit you."

Schobel94
08-11-2003, 10:41 AM
The starting D did not look bad. The only poorly executed play was the 20 yard pass. It was a zone blitz and Denney looked lost, he failed to pick up his man in coverage and also failed top make the tackle. Other than that, for the first pre-season game, 2 punts, a takeaway at the 14, and a TD given up on a short field isnt terrible. The tackling was magnificent though, something we couldnt say last year.

BillsOwnAll
08-11-2003, 10:44 AM
well we all agree that dolphins suck....thats good. now wheres WCF...i wanna ask him why fins sucked...

cordog
08-11-2003, 10:44 AM
I think its just a coincidence the O came before the d. After the 01 season we needed just about everything. He brought in M. Williams and T. Teague because the O-line was horrendous, and the biggest part of the offense came with Drew, The rest had already been in place. We didnt have enough money last year to make a run at everything