PDA

View Full Version : Online petition: Satellite sports programing.

sanders97
08-10-2003, 05:07 PM
Briefly, if you are a satellite subscriber and/or a sports package subscriber, you have been subject to blackout restrictions based on geographic location. While some of these blackouts are justified in that there are other subscriptions available for those games, there is no programming package available for preseason NFL games.

If you pay for a subscription or you choose not to pay for a subscription available to you because of these blackout restrictions, please visit my petition at the text link below.

This petition will be sent to corporate offices for the NFL, Fox Sports, Direct TV and Dish Network. I am attempting to gather support from frustrated fans who are subject to blackouts based on geographic location with no consideration of availability through alternate programming.

Thank you and please spread the word.http://www.petitiononline.com/demandit/petition.html

sanders97
08-11-2003, 12:06 PM
bump^^^

In an effort to gather as much support as possible.

Thanx in advance for the support.

Throne Logic
08-11-2003, 01:01 PM
This is a nice idea. But why would a company that has 100% of the leverage change their policy?

I'm willing to bet that no one on that list is going to cancel their subscription to NFL Sunday Ticket because they cannt watch preseason games. Empty threats vs. a monopoly.

But it's a nice idea.

Dozerdog
08-11-2003, 01:04 PM
If the NFL was smart- they would work a deal to cobble these games together on their NFL channel next season- I can understand it if they didn't show them live- but they could use it to sell the ticket

Throne Logic
08-11-2003, 02:11 PM
Now that you mention it, I seem to remember something about the NFL doing just that next Summer. I don't remember if it was live or taped delay.

Throne Logic
08-11-2003, 02:12 PM
I just don't understand why preseason cannot be televised. What does it hurt the NFL to allow broadcast to areas that are not in the local ticket-buying market? Seems like it could only benefit the NFL through more air time / publicity. Or, at least through less negative publicity.

mikemac2001
08-11-2003, 02:16 PM
its really stupid

Dozerdog
08-11-2003, 02:19 PM
It all has to do with the local stations.

WKBW spends a lot of dough (in local terms) to get the games- they probably feel that if the game was a laugher or very boring, the tempation would be there for the viewer to turn off their game and tune in another one on the dish in it's place.

sanders97
08-11-2003, 11:46 PM
There's several possibilities. Although I find it hard to believe all the preseason games will be shown on the new NFL Network. I just can't see how they'll fit them all in week after week.

The point of this petition is to bring attention to the fact that subscribers are unsatisfied with the sports programming. If we pay for the Ticket and the Fox sports package, we should be able to view any game we want. It's hurting nobody to air the game in all regions when they are obviously receiving money from Fox Sports just for making their station available.

If it's a taped delay, so be it. I see no reason why it can't be live but I'd suffice for rebroadcasts. As it stands, I am of the opinion that we are all paying too much to not get to see preseason games as well.

If you find any merit at all in my arguement, please sign in support. Thanx.

lordofgun
08-12-2003, 12:12 AM
signed.

don137
08-12-2003, 05:39 AM
The kicker was that they blacked out the Bills/Ravens game to be on Sunday when it was replayed.

sanders97
08-13-2003, 08:08 PM
bump^^^