• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

I was incredibly impressed with...

...Baltimore...The team and stadium...the player introductions...the fan creed (DON'T BE A JERK!) etc. The fans were also great. They were very friendly and a couple even offered to buy us drinks even though we were loud Bills fans.

Ralph should make a road trip every once in awhile. Maybe he could pick up a few tips on how to put on a show.

They even played Radiohead.

That place screamed class.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

• LtBillsFan66
    • Jul 2002

Any stadium without the fairy shout song is ok in my book. Is there a decision on that yet? I hope it's outta here!

Comment

• Pride
      • Jul 2002

I dont know... there is something about 80,000 fans clapping and singing in unison in late december/january while snow is falling after a game winning TD.

I dont think you will get that with a "top 40" song in the same situation.

Keep the tradition alive!

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Pride
        I dont know... there is something about 80,000 fans clapping

Comment

• Patrick76777
          • Jul 2002

I agree with pride. Sure it's a bit hokey but it's better then having some silly hard rock/rap top 40 song.
          Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Dozerdog
            In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

Maryland has some of the nicest people.

10 years ago I was there for work for a week. At a gas station, my work ID must have fallen out of my wallet where it was recovered by a nice lady.

She called my company HQ in Tampa (which was the number on the back of the ID) and she tracked me down through the company to the hotel I was staying at!

She dropped it off at the desk, with a dinner invitation - she even wanted me to meet her daughter (she thought I was good looking from the ID I guess)

Never did get to go to dinner, allthough I sent some flowers as a thank you.

Comment

• TedMock
              • Jul 2002

The Baltimore fans were great. Even that one Miami fan was ok! Actually, thanks MD and Wys for saving me and my fiancee great seats. As for the Shout song.......it's tradition. Don't get me wrong, I'm a rock and metal fan but that's so common in stadiums. At least everybody knows the Shout song and you get almost 80,000 people clapping and singing. It's the noise and excitement that makes it. Plus any song made famous in a movie like Animal House has to be okay.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Keep the Shout song

clumpBF1

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                  • Jul 2002

KEEP THE SHOUT SONG!!!

Comment

• R. Rich
                    • Apr 2003

Originally posted by billsfanone
                    Any stadium without the fairy shout song is ok in my book.
                    I guess M&T doesen't go in your book, because they played shout there, though it wasn't 'our' shout song.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by R. Rich
                      I guess M&T doesen't go in your book, because they played shout there, though it wasn't 'our' shout song.
                      Is that Denver? Because Denver plays it too!

What tradition folks? A couple of teams use the SAME SONG!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                        Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                        • Jul 2002

LOG, TM,

Ya gotta have liked that intro for the D culminating w/ that Ray Lewis intro, no!

Man, that was powerful!! I can see the same thing happening w/ TA-KEO!!!

Or TAK-E-I-E-I-O!!! LOL

Sounds like that guy who does the Sabres games. Or did, not being that much a fan of hockey and never having lived in Buffalo.
                        Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• R. Rich
                          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by billsfanone

Is that Denver? Because Denver plays it too!
                          No. M&T Stadium is the stadium where the Ravens play.

Comment

• lordofgun
                            in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

I also loved how they didn't play stupid 80's heavy metal between every play. IMO, that music they play at the ralph takes the crowd out of the game and totally ruins the ambience at the Ralph.

They have the largest marching band of any NFL team, which actually didn't suck. They played a lot in between plays and during commercial breaks so it gave the whole college-type atmosphere.

The 2 super-wide screen smartvision screens were awesome as well.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• R. Rich
                              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by lordofgun
                              I also loved how they didn't play stupid 80's heavy metal between every play. IMO, that music they play at the ralph takes the crowd out of the game and totally ruins the ambience at the Ralph.
                              I totally agree. How many times do we have to hear "Crazy Train" during the damn game?!!

Comment

Working...
                              X