PDA

View Full Version : Humble Van Pelt

G. Host
08-11-2003, 10:52 AM
On his 36-yard catch from Van Pelt, Coleman beat a Ravens backup cornerback down the left sideline.

"We had three receivers to one side and he was by himself on the other," Van Pelt said. "Obviously when Eric is on the field, we don't see a lot of press man-to-man coverage with a single safety (in the middle of the field). So anytime you get a chance to take a shot we're going to take it. He had an unbelievable release (off the line), and I threw him a pretty bad ball actually. If I hit him in stride he may have scored."

I have heard many people saying it was the best throw by a Buffalo QB that night and I thought it was a good throw. I like my QBs humble and ready to play!

R. Rich
08-11-2003, 10:58 AM
Yeah, you gotta like his attitude. Even my Steeler fan wife is a big fan of Alex. She was with me in '97 at the overtime loss to Denver at RICH. Alex came into that game after Collins stunk up the joint (an INT for a TD by Keith "Tractor" Traylor????) and that's when the Bills got something going finally.

Pride
08-11-2003, 11:07 AM
I like AVP. He is quiet... prepared... and does his job without complaint.

I like that about him... sorta reminds me of a guy named Reich.

BillsOwnAll
08-11-2003, 11:15 AM
i like how he fights for the starting postion but doesnt make it it all public how he doesnt play...he understand hes gonna need to earn that spot.

R. Rich
08-11-2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by BillsOwnAll
i like how he fights for the starting postion but doesnt make it it all public how he doesnt play...he understand hes gonna need to earn that spot.

Unlike...........uhh..........hmmm...........what's his name again? You know, the little guy who couldn't keep his bowel movements out of the local media? Oh, what was his name?

Pride
08-11-2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by R. Rich
Unlike...........uhh..........hmmm...........what's his name again? You know, the little guy who couldn't keep his bowel movements out of the local media? Oh, what was his name?

Jaded's boyfriend?

justasportsfan
08-11-2003, 12:01 PM
I think VP will win the SB for us. :D