PDA

View Full Version : Bills vs. Titans

jdbillsfan
08-11-2003, 11:07 AM
I know it's early, but does anyone know if its gonna be on TV?

Pride
I believe it is an ESPN game.

BillsOwnAll
ESPN tv? or local?

BillsOwnAll
08-11-2003, 11:08 AM
prides its ESPN? SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTT

Novacane
08-11-2003, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Pride
I believe it is an ESPN game.

Yep..............Pride is correct

Pride
08-11-2003, 11:09 AM
Aug. 16 NFL PRE-SEASON FOOTBALL (HDTV)
BUFFALO BILLS VS TENNESSEE TITANS
NASHVILLE, TN, USA 8:00 pm to
11:00 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tvlistings/scheduleWeek?sport=FB

WG
08-11-2003, 11:10 AM
jd,

Someone said it's the nationally televised game on ESPN.

Either way, they usually show the Titans around here. If you wanna get together for wings/game, let me know.

BTW, just checked, YUP! It appears to be on!

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tvlistings/scheduleWeek?sport=FB

Pride
08-11-2003, 11:11 AM
Damn, wys sloooow today... must be all those wings on sat...

BillsOwnAll
08-11-2003, 11:13 AM
niiiccee thanks pride. for the info.

jdbillsfan
08-11-2003, 11:26 AM
Awesome. HD too! Thanks guys.

Wys -

Thanks for the invite. I think I am supposed watch my little bro this weekend, so I probably won't be able to head out... but I'll let you know.

Go Bills!

WG
08-11-2003, 11:33 AM
Thanks jd, let me know. I've got several options. If ya let me know soon enough, I can probably get the 65" big screen w/ the movie theatre speakers! It's cool! We can do wings too.

Originally posted by Pride
Damn, wys sloooow today... must be all those wings on sat...

Listen to you...!

Posting w/in the same minute. It's my connection...

:scared:

:D

BillsOwnAll
08-11-2003, 11:36 AM
whats the difference between HD and regualar espn?

Pride
08-11-2003, 11:44 AM
There are several benefits to viewing programs in high-definition.

Clarity. The digital signal is crystal clear and noise-free.

Wide-screen picture. Traditional televisions use a 4 by 3 aspect ratio, which means the screens are 4 units wide by 3 units high. However, theatrical films are usually much wider, taking advantage of the actual human field of vision. HDTV uses a wider 16 by 9 aspect ratio, which delivers movies with less "edge cropping" and provides a more intense viewing experience.

Sharpness. In addition to clarity, HDTV provides a much sharper picture than analog television. Just like a digital camera, more pixels means sharper pictures. The highest resolution HDTV format has approximately 2 million pixels compared to about ½ million pixels in analog TV.

Digital sound. HDTV's digital audio sounds better than a standard television's analog sound, just like digital CDs are superior to analog radio. Also, some HDTV programs use Dolby Digital surround sound, which is also frequently used on DVDs. With 6 speakers, Dolby Digital can create a home theater experience with a three-dimensional sound field.

http://www.nbc.com/nbc/footer/HDTV.shtml

WG
08-11-2003, 11:53 AM
:RodneyDangerfieldcollartug:

Pride
08-11-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
:RodneyDangerfieldcollartug:

:confused2

Dozerdog
08-11-2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by BillsOwnAll
whats the difference between HD and regualar espn?

other than clarity- HDTV was built for football. They use the same screen dimentions that a movie screen does (letterbox) - I saw a football game in HDTV on the display model at the store (oddly, it was an old Bills/Jets game from 3-4 years ago- Flutie got his ass kicked)

In letterbox, you can see the receivers run their routes- nowadays you have the camera on the QB when he steps back into the pocket- and only after the ball is released do you see the receiver. It's great watching the patterns develop- and gives you a better feel for how the game os played.

Stuff you only get to watch in person

TigerJ
08-11-2003, 12:41 PM
For those in the Buffalo area who might not have cable or a satelite dish, it should also be on channel 7 again.

mikemac2001
08-11-2003, 12:52 PM
anybody know about rochester......i know sometimes i can get a buff station on local TV and watch it.