PDA

View Full Version : McGahee packing his bags in anticipation of deal

Alluro
08-11-2003, 06:50 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-bills-mcgahee&prov=ap&type=lgns

PITTSFORD, N.Y. (AP) -- First-round pick Willis McGahee could sign with the Buffalo Bills as early as Tuesday.

The running back's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, said Monday there still are important issues to work out but added, ``I'm confident we can get a deal done tomorrow.''

BillsOwnAll
08-11-2003, 06:56 PM
thank god....

cordog
08-11-2003, 07:02 PM
good stuff

G. Host
08-11-2003, 07:07 PM
Which basically is callling Rosen-ass a liar!

Alluro
08-11-2003, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by G. Host
Which basically is callling Rosen-ass a liar!

do you have a link?

G. Host
08-11-2003, 07:21 PM
BuffaloBills.com (http://www.buffalobills.com/games/recap.cfm?game_id=188342)

Buffalo played without running back Willis McGahee, their first-round pick out of Miami who is holding out.

Alluro
08-11-2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by G. Host
BuffaloBills.com (http://www.buffalobills.com/games/recap.cfm?game_id=188342)

that was written two days ago. The report on a deal going down tomorrow is from today. Nobody is calling Rosenhaus a liar.

G. Host
08-11-2003, 07:36 PM
He held out which is what Rosen-ass said he would not do.

"McGahee will sign before start of training camp" a quote from him.

JefftheBillsfan
08-11-2003, 08:15 PM
so now let the debate begin, when will he suit up?

RedEyE
08-11-2003, 08:17 PM
I'll believe it when the announcement is official. Roseypalms talks and talks...yap...yap...yap.

bob the football fan
08-11-2003, 08:43 PM
When does willis suit up? Preseason 2004.

Turf
08-11-2003, 09:04 PM
Game 10 to 11, McGahee will be dressed.

WG
08-11-2003, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by bob the football fan
When does willis suit up? Preseason 2004.

Agreed btff!! The only positive that can result is if Henry isn't having a good season. Week 10/11 is no time to be bringin' in a fresh RB who's never played in the NFL. We're either gonna be headed for the playoffs or struggling. If we're struggling b/c of Henry, then that won't be a good sign to begin with.

So if McGahee ends up being a factor this season, it'll mean bad things for the team IMO. B/c if Henry's runnin' well, then he should continue to play F/T. If not, then I doubt we'll be headed for much better than we were last season.

WG
08-11-2003, 10:13 PM
If McG does end up playing, I'll be happy if he takes 50 runs w/o getting injured this season. The biggest hurdle he has to overcome is avoiding having his 4th serious injury in as many seasons.

Judge
08-11-2003, 10:26 PM
Put him in as soon as he's fully healthy. Henry's the clear #1 this year, but if McGahee is healthy and is better than the backup RB's on this team, then why not use him right away?

Using a fully healthy McGahee would have no detrimental impact on this team or Henry.

WG
08-11-2003, 11:30 PM
Yeah, that's right. But hopefully we won't have to count on him.

I just have a strange feeling this year about injuries. It seems we were relatively lucky last year.

I suppose the "silver lining" part of McG being healthy would be that if Henry did get hurt, we'd know prior to next year what McG can do. Not our hopes certainly, but perhaps salvaging something good out of a bad situation if it happens.

cordog
08-12-2003, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Agreed btff!! The only positive that can result is if Henry isn't having a good season. Week 10/11 is no time to be bringin' in a fresh RB who's never played in the NFL. We're either gonna be headed for the playoffs or struggling. If we're struggling b/c of Henry, then that won't be a good sign to begin with.

So if McGahee ends up being a factor this season, it'll mean bad things for the team IMO. B/c if Henry's runnin' well, then he should continue to play F/T. If not, then I doubt we'll be headed for much better than we were last season.

I agree with ya wys,
If he is 100% ready to go, then i wouldnt mind him getting some garbage time 4th quarter carries toward the end of the season(hopefully we will have quite a bit of it) but other than that no, he shouldnt be getting important carries. Thats Travis's job