PDA

View Full Version : Razor rumor

Twistmyarm
08-12-2003, 10:20 AM
I just read on www.sabrefans.com on their "ticker" that Razor's agent has contacted the Sabres about possibly coming back for one last season...has anyone heard anything about this?

God I hope so...and all you "naysayers" and "Rob Ray bashers" can just hit back on your browser and reply to another thread...I want to see Razor retire in a Sabres uniform, and I know I'm not alone!

Sabre Ally
08-12-2003, 10:21 AM
I heard that Rayzor only went to Ottawa on the condition that he be allowed to come back here this season if he wanted to, so it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Numero2
08-12-2003, 11:17 AM
Regier said he hadnt talked to either Ray or his agent but he said he would and see what if anything could be done

chubluv
08-16-2003, 09:31 AM
I saw an interview on empire with Ray. He said that Darcy & his agent talked and it looks like the sabres were going to go in a different direction . So I guess that means no more razor. He will be missed on the team. He did say that Buffalo is now his home & always will be.

Ray said he has a few offers on the table to look at. Ottawa was one he wouldnt mention the others.

Skullcrusher98
08-18-2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Numero2
Regier said he hadnt talked to either Ray or his agent but he said he would and see what if anything could be done There isn't a spot for Razor on the Sabres anymore, unfortunatley:viohit:

Buffalofan
08-21-2003, 06:53 PM
Yeah, Ray will NOT be back in a Sabres uniform next year. That move upsets me a little. The organization should have brought him back for a "farewell tour". I know it would cost a roster spot but it isnt like they are loaded with talent to begin with. They owe Rob a better way to go out ... they should have never traded him to begin with.

clumping platelets
08-21-2003, 11:26 PM
The trade gave him a chance at the playoffs and maybe even going to and winning the Cup. Sabres asked him before trading him if he was willing. If he had said no, there would not have been a deal done.

I do not feel that he should come back. He had a good career here and wil be making his home in WNY and continuing his off-ice work. Good job Razor and good luck :up:

SkateZilla
08-21-2003, 11:34 PM
ESPN News Said Barnes Was more likely to come back than RAY :)

clumping platelets
08-22-2003, 12:41 AM
Now I would like that. Stuuuuuuuuuuu Barnes!!

The_Philster
08-22-2003, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by clumping platelets
Now I would like that. Stuuuuuuuuuuu Barnes!!

I miss saying
"The Captain...STUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Barnes!!"

Earthquake Enyart
08-23-2003, 06:47 AM
There's no reason to bring Barnes back.

Did Razor even play in any of the playoff games last year?

Sabre Ally
08-23-2003, 02:29 PM
No, he didn't.