X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

The Jets will be good...

i am getting tired of seeing everyone ranking the afc east and putting us or miami or NE at the top and totally disregarding the jets..

this is a team that beat our asses twice last year..

everyone seems to point to these things as being the reason they wont be there this year.

1. coles - i dont care what anyone says.. coles was no moulds.. and conway will replace him fine as long as he stays healthy.

2. thomas - he was a guard for god sakes.. guards can be replaced.. more easily than any other position on the line.

3. morton - a kr.. come on.. he essentially only killed US in the first game, and didnt do anything spectacular after that.

4. kicker - remains to be seen.. losing hall may hurt some, but it is not like he is jason elam or something.

guys.. this is just a news flash but they have a lot of positives too..

1. playoff experience
    2. a yound qb who, imho, is a stud in the making.. he is dangerous.. ask eddie robinson
    3. great 1-2 rb combo with martin and jordan
    4. improved defense.

they will be in this race at the end.. i dont know how anyone can favor any team in the afc east.. all 4 teams are going to be good.. NE being the weakest imho, because of the complete and total lack of a running game.. if they get that straight.. they will be there too.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

I truly think Miami will be the weakest. I am not impressed with that team AT ALL! Oh they'll start strong again. Maybe 3-1, Maybe! but then it's all down hill.
    Resign our own guys!

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
      • May 2003

I think the NY Jets might have had one of the worst offseasons in NFL history. I don't think they will be bad at all though, but in this division anything can happen. I have seen the Bills predicted all over the place.

Comment

• Bulldog
        Top Dog
        • Jan 2003

Re: The Jets will be good...

Originally posted by Tatonka
        i am getting tired of seeing everyone ranking the afc east and putting us or miami or NE at the top and totally disregarding the jets..

this is a team that beat our asses twice last year..

everyone seems to point to these things as being the reason they wont be there this year.

1. coles - i dont care what anyone says.. coles was no moulds.. and conway will replace him fine as long as he stays healthy.

2. thomas - he was a guard for god sakes.. guards can be replaced.. more easily than any other position on the line.

3. morton - a kr.. come on.. he essentially only killed US in the first game, and didnt do anything spectacular after that.

4. kicker - remains to be seen.. losing hall may hurt some, but it is not like he is jason elam or something.

guys.. this is just a news flash but they have a lot of positives too..

1. playoff experience
        2. a yound qb who, imho, is a stud in the making.. he is dangerous.. ask eddie robinson
        3. great 1-2 rb combo with martin and jordan
        4. improved defense.

they will be in this race at the end.. i dont know how anyone can favor any team in the afc east.. all 4 teams are going to be good.. NE being the weakest imho, because of the complete and total lack of a running game.. if they get that straight.. they will be there too.
        What make you think that their D' will be improved? I agree with you though, the Jets will be a very good team. I am very impressed with the job Herman Edwards has done over the past couple of years.
        I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• Wys Guy
          Drew and Sam stole all my hair
          • Jul 2002

No chance at all that Conway replaces Coles one-for-one!

Also, the Jets had the fifth best KO return in the league last year, losing Morton will hurt that.

Other than that, I think they'll threaten for a playoff spot.

I see N.E. bringin' up the rear. If they can finish better than .500 this season, I'll be highly impressed given the combination of their schedule and their apparent lack of a F/T RB.

Bills/Miami 11-5 +/-
          Jets 9-7/10-6
          Pats 7-9
          Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

It's not what the Jets lost that doesn't make them the favorite. It's what everyone else did to upgrade their teams. I wouldn't say the bills are favorites. The Pats scare me the most with their D.

Coles may not be a Moulds, but he was their version of a Moulds. Very valuable.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Wys Guy
              Drew and Sam stole all my hair
              • Jul 2002

Yeah, and are you quaking and trembling over their O?

They may have had a good PS game v. a rusty Giants squad, but they're gonna have issues if Antowain starts.
              Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Ebenezer
                Give me a minute...
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Wys Guy
                Bills/Miami 11-5 +/-

Wys, you're snorting your wing sauce again...

Neither is going 11-5...Miami may not make .500

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

No chance at all that Conway replaces Coles one-for-one!

Also, the Jets had the fifth best KO return in the league last year, losing Morton will hurt that.

Other than that, I think they'll threaten for a playoff spot.

I see N.E. bringin' up the rear. If they can finish better than .500 this season, I'll be highly impressed given the combination of their schedule and their apparent lack of a F/T RB.

Bills/Miami 11-5 +/-
                  Jets 9-7/10-6
                  Pats 7-9
                  wys.. look at conways stats compaired to coles.. they are almost the same wr.. judging from what i saw from the jets in their last preseason game too where they marched right down and scored, due largely to the connection that has already been made between pennington and conway, i think he will be a good replacement..

also.. morton was NOT the best KR in the game last season.. not by a long shot.. look at the yardage that michael lewis racked up.. dante hall was better too..

morton had one good game against use.. no other tds all year.. he was good but not so good that he can not be replaced..

no one in the afc east will be better than 10-6..
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Judge
                    • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Patrick76777
                    I truly think Miami will be the weakest. I am not impressed with that team AT ALL! Oh they'll start strong again. Maybe 3-1, Maybe! but then it's all down hill.
                    I agree 100%. Miami's offseason is a total bust if Junior Seau plays like the old geezer he looked like last weekend.
                    Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Yeah, and are you quaking and trembling over their O?

Not at all. The bucs hardly had any rush anyways. Their biggest weapon was their D. If you have a D that can score for you, you have an advantage.

It isn't so much that the Pats D itself scares me, it's because "DREW SUCKS" against them. If Drew tries to do things himself, we're screwed. THe Pats O isn't all that but it was enough for them to win the sb. Last year was the same team but their D this year has improved.

Back to the jets.......
                      sacrifice1

Comment

• Judge
                        • Aug 2002

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
                        I think the NY Jets might have had one of the worst offseasons in NFL history. I don't think they will be bad at all though, but in this division anything can happen. I have seen the Bills predicted all over the place.
                        From what I recall they had a great draft. I think the Bills and New England had the best offseasons in the division. The Jets lost a few guys but added some talent in the draft that could help them for years. Miami's offseason was questionable at best- I see a major flop in the land of the dolphin if Junior Seau has hit the wall.
                        Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

seau has hit the wall last year.. he is still trying to get up from that hit still..

Comment

• casdhf
                            • Jul 2002

The Jets are no good on defense. They have one of the best and deepest DL's in the league. But, their Secondary sucks and Their LBs have each lost a few steps. I hear even Cowart isn't looking so hot (good move TD) Marvin Jones is done and the other guy, Mo Lewis, doesnt have anything left in the tank either. Pennington was that team last year and I don't think he can do it again. Maybe, but Coles will hurt. Chrebet is washed up, Santana Moss can't make it through a whole game, let alone an entire season and Curtis Martin, is well, really good....but 8 man fronts should stop him.
                            Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                            cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Beware. Silence from wys can only mean one thing ....5 pages of replies
                              sacrifice1

Comment

Working...
                              X