PDA

View Full Version : Interesting BILLS depth chart changes....

Michael82
08-12-2003, 03:11 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/team/index.cfm?cont_type_id=1319

HB: Travis Henry/Sammy Morris/Olandis Gary

WR: Eric Moulds/Clarence Coleman/Sam Aiken/Rodney Wright
---------------/Antonio Brown---/Paris Jackson

WR: Josh Reed/Charles Johnson/Bobby Shaw/Andre Rone
--------------/James Jett-----/Jerel Myers

Michael82
08-12-2003, 03:13 PM
So, Sammy Morris is winning the competition for the backup job? Interesting. I'm also surprised Shaw has fallen so far.

Ebenezer
08-12-2003, 03:14 PM
And what happens this week when Sam Aiken catches 4 balls and Andre Rone catches 5??

LtBillsFan66
08-12-2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
And what happens this week when Sam Aiken catches 4 balls and Andre Rone catches 5??

:rofl:

Michael82
08-12-2003, 03:35 PM

LOL! I'm surprised they made these changes. Unless they are trying to light a fire under his ass and give him a hint that he better step it up or he might be in jeopardy of losing his spot on the roster.

WG
08-12-2003, 04:07 PM

Right!

Or, when the real Charles Johnson shows up!

These things jockey around all the time.

The one thing that doesn't surprise me is Gary. I've always maintained that he's nothing more than average on a good day. He had one good season behind a killer OL w/ a solid passing game and D to counter.

He's done nothing since or prior, has been injured, and really not shown much. I think I'd rather see Burns or Simonton make the roster instead of him.

WG
08-12-2003, 04:08 PM
BTW, I'll wager anyone any amount of ZBs that C. Johnson doesn't even end up in the first 2 WR spots. The only reason why I think he'd even make the team is b/c TD brought him here. If he weren't a TD product, IMO he'd be on the first list of cuts.

G. Host
08-12-2003, 04:09 PM
I have been saying that Gary was an insurance back since he signed.

WG
08-12-2003, 04:09 PM
Besides, these things are gonna change as much as mike changes his underwear!

Weekly!

WG
08-12-2003, 04:12 PM
Frankly G, I wouldn't want to have to rely on Gary. He had such a chance in Denver and botched it on the second and third tries.

He's the classic one-hit wonder who has a single good season under surprise terms and in an off fashion. He was given the opportunity to compete for the starting spot after TD ran into terminal issues, and failed miserably. He's been behind Mike Anderson for the most part, another RB in the same boat. Good OL, average RB. Thus Portis' emergence!

We don't want to have to count on Gary. I'd like to see more outta Burns in PS. Maybe Sat.

TigerJ
08-12-2003, 04:45 PM
I wonder if Gary would have any trade value to a team like the Colts that seem to be getting desperate.

Earthquake Enyart
08-12-2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Besides, these things are gonna change as much as mike changes his underwear!

Weekly!

Gotta love wys taking a shot at the fat pansy! :bigmike:

WG
08-12-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by TigerJ
I wonder if Gary would have any trade value to a team like the Colts that seem to be getting desperate.

Now, come on there Tiger; what would you give up to get Gary?

It's not like there was a O. Gary lottery during the offseason...

;)

G. Host
08-12-2003, 07:08 PM
so that means if we trade him because our RBs look good not that Gary looks bad there MIGHT be a market.

Jeff1220
08-12-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by TigerJ

Edge is back and Mungro looked pretty good in relief last year.

WG
08-13-2003, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by G. Host
so that means if we trade him because our RBs look good not that Gary looks bad there MIGHT be a market.

Oh yeah, and Gary looked GREAT!

7 carries for 17 yards w/ a long of 7! 2.4 YPC avg.

Runs of 1, 3, 0, 2, 1, 7, 3. With the starting unit and looking to impress no doubt.

Gosh, I can see other teams lining up to offer us those first rounders next season...

:D

Patrick76777
08-13-2003, 09:04 AM
Let's give it time, Henry looked awful in Preseason last year.