PDA

View Full Version : All-Time plays in Team History

bob the football fan
08-12-2003, 09:28 PM
A buddy of mine at work were talking about the Bills the other day and I asked him to give me the best single play in team history. He could not think of any. That got me to thinking, and the following are five plays that I feel could qualify.
These plays are in no particular order.

1964 Mike Stratton's tackle of future teammate keith lincon(sic)

1989 Jim kelly's game winning TD run @ Miami

1991 Jim Kelly's TD to ,James Loftton VS Raiders after dropping snap from center.

1992 Any TD from Bills 38-35 win @ San Francisco
(Yeah I know that this is more than a single play.)

1993 Nate Odomes interception of Warren Moon in OT, of the comeback game.

Ok people let's see what you think.

Pride
08-12-2003, 09:31 PM
as far as fame goes..... it is either Norwoods wide right or beebe catching up to lett....

BillsOverDolphins
08-12-2003, 09:41 PM
in 92 we beat sanfran 34-31

Dozerdog
08-12-2003, 10:52 PM
Roland Hooks making an insane one handed grab around the Patriot's 35 yard line with seconds remaining, followed by Hooks' hauling in a hail mary pass a play later as the Bills win - 1981 I beleive

NC-BILLS44
08-13-2003, 01:50 PM
Dolphin game last year. Moulds catches the ball in one arm and scores. SWEET!!!!!!

Flutie's naked bootleg against Jacksonville(?). Last minute score. I think he was the only one that knew it was a bootleg. Thurman acted like he was supposed to get the ball.

Kelly's last second rumble vs Dolphins. This may have been were Berman got the rumblin' bumblin' stumblin' from.

Thurman's game winning reception vs the Jets. I believe it was on 4th down, very late in the game.

Too many to recall.

HenryRules
08-13-2003, 01:52 PM
Bledsoe's block against the Jets was rather impressive. I'm sure there have been better plays all-time, but that was the best one that I saw live.

Earthquake Enyart
08-13-2003, 02:13 PM
OJ's run around left tackle for 2000.

Or......

Joe Ferguson's int in SD

Tom Dempsey missing the chip shot FG to finally beat the fins

Ronnie Harmon dropping the ball

Wide right...

:wail:

Why do we like this stupid team???

TheGhostofJimKelly
08-13-2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by bob the football fan

1989 Jim kelly's game winning TD run @ Miami

Ahhhh, my former mortal self. What a great play!!

Aero II
08-13-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by NC-BILLS44
Flutie's naked bootleg against Jacksonville(?). Last minute score. I think he was the only one that knew it was a bootleg. Thurman acted like he was supposed to get the ball.

Thurm was supposed to get the ball. Flutie turned around and Thurman ran to the wrong side, so Doug improvised.

northernbillfan
08-13-2003, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by bob the football fan

1991 Jim Kelly's TD to ,James Loftton VS Raiders after dropping snap from center.

1993 Nate Odomes interception of Warren Moon in OT, of the comeback game.

Those are sweet moments.

Originally posted by NC-BILLS44
Dolphin game last year. Moulds catches the ball in one arm and scores. SWEET!!!!!!

That was good to watch, as painfull as it looked.

Originally posted by HenryRules
Bledsoe's block against the Jets was rather impressive. I'm sure there have been better plays all-time, but that was the best one that I saw live.

Amen That play showed the rest of the league that Drew was ready to do what it takes to win.

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
Joe Ferguson's int in SD

Tom Dempsey missing the chip shot FG to finally beat the fins

Ronnie Harmon dropping the ball

Wide right...

Why do we like this stupid team???

:rofl: We ask ourselves that same question all the time.

Billsouth
08-13-2003, 08:21 PM
what about the play in cleveland when don beebe landed on his head.

pne of the most exciting plays against the bills was when randall cunningham dropped back into his own endzone to avoid the bruce and heaved the ball 50+ yards which was caught by fred barnett who ran it in for a td.

while exciting, we won!

Captain gameboy
08-13-2003, 08:54 PM
I'll go with the Stratton hit, Reed's catch from Reich on fourth down after the timeout in the comeback, and Norwood's miss.

Oh.. And I almost forgot...
An option pass thrown for a touchdown by H. Preston Ridelhuber (sp) to win a preseason game in the very early 70's. That was a keeper.

LABillsFan
08-14-2003, 01:08 AM
Little league football, I was the LS and ran down the field SMACKED the PR and recovered the fumble at the 15. Shoulda been called for illegal man down field but was wearing a number in the 80's so I think the ref might of thought I was a receiver. They were just as blind back then.

northernbillfan
08-14-2003, 02:48 AM
Here's a good one:

Earthquake Enyart
08-14-2003, 07:21 AM
Let's see, I forgot:

Pat Toomay getting a roughing the passer penalty to let the fins win the second game in 72. The Bills had em in both games that year, but the fins managed to win.

Don Nottingham running 50+ yards on a draw play

Butch Byrd being torched by Paul Warfield.