PDA

View Full Version : Newest Salary Cap Numbers

Ebenezer
08-13-2003, 10:02 AM
These are from John Clayton as of 8/11. Most of the numbers take into consideration the rookie cap, thus, the Bills number is accurate (not perfect) regardless of the final details of the McGahee contract.

Some teams will have to cut players just to add on their 52 and 53rd players...It will also be interesting to see what teams make cuts when the final LTBE bonuses are added in. Look for all teams with less than $2mil to cut somebody noteworthy (or a couple of players) to stay under the cap.

Arizona Cardinals $14.6 million under
Philadelphia Eagles $12.07 million under
Minnesota Vikings $9.4 million under
Baltimore Ravens $5.9 million under
Houston Texans $5.6 million under
New Orleans Saints $5.37 million under
Buffalo Bills $5 million under
Washington Redskins $4.85 million under
Kansas City Chiefs $4.26 million under
Dallas Cowboys $4.23 million under
Detroit Lions $3.55 million under
Jacksonville Jaguars $3.24 million under
Denver Broncos $3.2 million under
New York Jets $2.94 million under
Cleveland Browns $2.85 million under
Oakland Raiders $2.83 million under
New England Patriots $2.44 million under
Chicago Bears $2.34 million under
Cincinnati Bengals $2 million under
Carolina Panthers $1.9 million under
San Francisco 49ers $1.69 million under
New York Giants $1.55 million under
Miami Dolphins $1.33 million under
Seattle Seahawks $1.11 million under
Pittsburgh Steelers $1.08 million under
San Diego Chargers $1.05 million under
St. Louis Rams $1 million under
Indianapolis Colts $846,000 under
Atlanta Falcons $643,000 under
Tampa Bay Buccaneers $460,000 under
Green Bay Packers $393,000 under
Tennessee Titans $277,000 under

ryven
08-13-2003, 11:45 AM
you know as oakland was in cap hell the did a good job getting out.

Tatonka
08-13-2003, 11:49 AM
scarey how low the eagles are with as good as there team is.. they would be solid if they had a workhorse RB, and one great wr.. they should have grabbed boston.

Ebenezer
08-13-2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by ryven
you know as oakland was in cap hell the did a good job getting out.

Oaklands cap problems were very misleading...they saved $10M on the cap because D.Russell was not reinstated. They cut various backups that were scheduled to make big money. Cutting Sam Adams saved them another $7.5 million. The major problem is they lost some depth and got a year older...and they have to cut players again next year.

Throne Logic
08-13-2003, 11:52 AM
Dang, what's up with Philly? Why the heck did they let Douglas go if they are that far under? And why the heck didn't they bring in more FA's. They are a SB contender as they are now. If they tossed some of that money at some of the FA's this offseason, they'd most likely have gotten at least a couple of them. A team with that much talent that still has that much space is downright scary.

Ebenezer
08-13-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Throne Logic
Dang, what's up with Philly? Why the heck did they let Douglas go if they are that far under? And why the heck didn't they bring in more FA's. They are a SB contender as they are now. If they tossed some of that money at some of the FA's this offseason, they'd most likely have gotten at least a couple of them. A team with that much talent that still has that much space is downright scary.

Lauria is recouping money that it cost him to buy the team.

Doc
08-13-2003, 12:07 PM
The Iggles have all that cap room because they take advantage of a loophole in the CBA that allows cap room from one year to carry over to another. However you need to have cap room to begin doing this. I hope TD does that this year.

Ebenezer
08-13-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Doc
The Iggles have all that cap room because they take advantage of a loophole in the CBA that allows cap room from one year to carry over to another. However you need to have cap room to begin doing this. I hope TD does that this year.

true, but not 100%. The money they got this year was simply money that they could not spend on players last year because it was tied up in LTBE bonuses. Do to injury and failure to hit those LTBE bonuses they got a credit this year. It is a big risk putting money into LTBE's because if they all hit then you are screwed.

BillsOwnAll
08-13-2003, 12:54 PM
i dont get why sports players get paid so much lol.....heres 7 mil a year to go play a game...i know theres more to it but they get WAY overpaid..as people working in factories doing hard work get paid mininuim wage.

Ebenezer
08-13-2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by BillsOwnAll
i dont get why sports players get paid so much lol.....heres 7 mil a year to go play a game...i know theres more to it but they get WAY overpaid..as people working in factories doing hard work get paid mininuim wage.

if 80,000 people came by your workplace and said "we'll give you $25 each if we can watch you work"...would you say no?

kgun12
08-13-2003, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by BillsOwnAll

As I was reading this all I can say is whatthef#@k!!!
This is called the american way of life, work your ass off and get rewarded for it! OR get lucky win the lotto, have a rich father or shot at some food and up through the ground came a bubbling crued, oil that is black gold texas tea! haha!

Dozerdog
08-13-2003, 08:06 PM
Considering what other sports make, football players are POOR!

Pedro Martinez gets 17 millon a season... McGahee gets that only if he's the next Marshall Faulk over the next 5 seasons

Dozerdog
08-13-2003, 08:08 PM
NFL Salcap- what, it's about 75 million split 53 ways?

The Yankees spend two and a half times that in a season- 170 million - for a roster of 25?

HenryRules
08-13-2003, 11:33 PM
When wondering why athletes get paid so much, ask yourself these questions:

How many people in America are qualified to work in a factory? 100 million+ perhaps?

How many people are qualified to be a starting QB in the NFL? 45 or so?

That's why they make so much money - they're irreplaceable and provide the owner with millions upon millions of income.