PDA

View Full Version : Peter King thinks the bills will win the east

mackey789
08-13-2003, 10:32 AM
2. "I think I really like Buffalo a lot. I'm thinking seriously of picking the Bills to win the East."

This was said during his Monday Morning QB segment on cnnsi.com. I have heard somewhere else that he is picking a Bills/Rams superbowl. I havn't seen anyone picking the Dolphins to do anything this year. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the Fins finish last in the division. They are 1 injured Ricky Williams away from a losing record. Plus their offense doesn't scare me at all and their defense is overrated. Honostly, i think over the past 3 years they have been one of the most overrated teams i can ever think of. Constantly a preseason pick to win the AFC but always blowing it as the year goes on.

jchild178
08-13-2003, 10:38 AM
right on mack!....well said

Pride
08-13-2003, 10:42 AM
As for the dolphins... I promise you that if Fiedler doesnt go down last season, they win the east easily.

THATHURMANATOR
08-13-2003, 10:45 AM
He is a smart man!

MDFINFAN
08-13-2003, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by mackey789
2. "I think I really like Buffalo a lot. I'm thinking seriously of picking the Bills to win the East."

This was said during his Monday Morning QB segment on cnnsi.com. I have heard somewhere else that he is picking a Bills/Rams superbowl. I havn't seen anyone picking the Dolphins to do anything this year. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the Fins finish last in the division. They are 1 injured Ricky Williams away from a losing record. Plus their offense doesn't scare me at all and their defense is overrated. Honostly, i think over the past 3 years they have been one of the most overrated teams i can ever think of. Constantly a preseason pick to win the AFC but always blowing it as the year goes on.

This is cool, we're all dreaming this time of the year.:bluangel:

PhinPhan1227
08-13-2003, 10:47 AM
By "one injured Ricky away", are you implying that the Bills are NOT in the exact same situation with Drew? Or the Pats with Brady? Every team has one lynch pin that they couldn't afford to have pulled, so how are the Phins any different? And before you claim that Ricky is injury prone, he played all 16 games the last 2 seasons...can you say the same for Drew?

lordofgun
08-13-2003, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Pride
As for the dolphins... I promise you that if Fiedler doesnt go down last season, they win the east easily.

Wanna bet?

WG
08-13-2003, 10:51 AM
Sure. You gonna go back in time and redo the season?

Count me in for two-dozen wings to your dozen!

:D

THATHURMANATOR
08-13-2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
By "one injured Ricky away", are you implying that the Bills are NOT in the exact same situation with Drew? Or the Pats with Brady? Every team has one lynch pin that they couldn't afford to have pulled, so how are the Phins any different? And before you claim that Ricky is injury prone, he played all 16 games the last 2 seasons...can you say the same for Drew?

good point.

THATHURMANATOR
08-13-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Sure. You gonna go back in time and redo the season?

Count me in for two-dozen wings to your dozen!

If LOG wanted to he could do that you know.

WG
08-13-2003, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Pride

I think that's safe to say considering that one more win would have won it, and had that win been over a divisional opponent, it would have taken a win from one of us as well.

Besides, the Fins were 2-4 w/ Lucas if I'm not mistaken. 8-3 w/ Fiedler. Can't just ignore that.

Of course, here in Buffalo, using the "Drew logic", I may be in for an argument...

:scared:

THATHURMANATOR
08-13-2003, 10:55 AM
I BLINDLY LOVE DREW BLEDSOE

HE CAN DO NO WRONG.

I just wanted to get that off my chest.....

BillsOwnAll
08-13-2003, 10:56 AM
PERSONALLY i would rather play the saints in the SB(my bros favorite team) and completely DEMOLISH them....ithat would be great...

WG
08-13-2003, 11:03 AM
Why is everyone so big on the Rams!

Who'd they add besides Turley in a trade?

What, Wohlabaugh, a washed up C. Cleeland, an oft-injured TE. Sehorn a washed up S. Big deal!

The only player drafted who's likely to make any sort of splash this year is Kennedy, the DT outta PSU.

They weren't even .500 and their O was terrible, even though it was better than ours was at the end.

What, all b/c of Warner, a QB still w/ huge questionmarks?

I don't see it. I see the Rams being around .500 again. 10-6 tops. They won't be in the SB.

They couldn't score last year v. and good teams. They were 23rd in scoring D in the NFL. Why's that gonna change!

They do have a much easier schedule and their division is a joke other than S.F.

WG
08-13-2003, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR

HE CAN DO NO WRONG.

You've already demonstrated that time and time again...

What's new here...?

WG
08-13-2003, 11:06 AM
BTW, for the Fins to do anything in the post season, they absolutely need to have HF advantage. Their goose is cooked w/o it!

They probably have a worse differential of play of any NFL team in home v. away scenarios.

I can see them winning the division, but they'd likely need to be 12-4 to advance to the SB.

THATHURMANATOR
08-13-2003, 11:08 AM

You've already demonstrated that time and time again...

What's new here...?

I wasn't sure you knew! :jump:

MDFINFAN
08-13-2003, 11:13 AM
BTW, for the Fins to do anything in the post season, they absolutely need to have HF advantage. Their goose is cooked w/o it!

They probably have a worse differential of play of any NFL team in home v. away scenarios.

I can see them winning the division, but they'd likely need to be 12-4 to advance to the SB.

That was last year, the year before we kick butt away from home, remember we beat the titains in Tenn to start the year, and went on to have a good road record. The only losses were at our divisional rival home stadiums except for you..We beat you at your home, and the Jets beat us twice. I guess it's the Pats turn to take 2 from us this year. But if we get back to the road wins, we should do just fine.

Patrick76777
08-13-2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR

HE CAN DO NO WRONG.

LMAO!!!

Patrick76777
08-13-2003, 11:20 AM
Miami will finish 7-9 this year.

Patrick76777
08-13-2003, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Patrick76777

I'll may change that to 8-8 but only because it's tough to lose 4 in a row. But they may just lose the last 4 games.

MDFINFAN
08-13-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Patrick76777

And what homerous record will you give ya'll

THATHURMANATOR
08-13-2003, 11:25 AM
I say they finish 9 and 7

mackey789
08-13-2003, 11:27 AM
I would think either 7-9 or 6-10 depending on how healthy they are. I just don't see any character on that team. That's just why they always blow it in December. Junior Seau is WASHED UP and their offense is the worst in the division. They have no leaders. They will have a QB controversy. Ricky Williams is their whole team and without him they are toast. This team just doesn't scare me one bit, i'm more worried about the Jets and Patriots.

Patrick76777
08-13-2003, 11:31 AM
I think the Bills could do 9-7 or 10-6. This division is just too tough.

WG
08-13-2003, 11:38 AM
I think we'll be between 6-10 and 13-3.

Fins too!

MD:

Fins will be 2-14, Bills will be 14-2!

Who knows, perhaps one of your wins will be against us...

There's always hope!

MDFINFAN
08-13-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by mackey789
I would think either 7-9 or 6-10 depending on how healthy they are. I just don't see any character on that team. That's just why they always blow it in December. Junior Seau is WASHED UP and their offense is the worst in the division. They have no leaders. They will have a QB controversy. Ricky Williams is their whole team and without him they are toast. This team just doesn't scare me one bit, i'm more worried about the Jets and Patriots.

What? Ricky is not the only weapon on O...I won't debate you right now, because you probably haven't seem the new guys, so I'll wait until the season and let you see for yourself, they won't show any of the stuff they've been doing in TC..and if you remember correctly, Miami's O was avg 28.7 points per game before Jay went down last year, once he came back the final games he played we scored:

So we have an O..

THATHURMANATOR
08-13-2003, 12:23 PM
I would say that all 4 teams in the division have a good shot to either win the division or finish last. It is that close IMO.

WG
08-13-2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN

What? Ricky is not the only weapon on O...I won't debate you right now, because you probably haven't seem the new guys, so I'll wait until the season and let you see for yourself, they won't show any of the stuff they've been doing in TC..and if you remember correctly, Miami's O was avg 28.7 points per game before Jay went down last year, once he came back the final games he played we scored:

So we have an O..

Miami Blows!

Drew RULES!

Take your redneck carcass back to your trailor and rethink your position!!!

:madcurse:

MDFINFAN
08-13-2003, 01:21 PM

Miami Blows!

Drew RULES!

Take your redneck carcass back to your trailor and rethink your position!!!

:madcurse:

:lol:

Drew Rules LOL

Don't be jealous, you peach head, liver lilly board wrecker.

ublinkwescore
08-13-2003, 01:36 PM
Did Wys just say Drew Rules?

MDFINFAN
08-13-2003, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by ublinkwescore
Did Wys just say Drew Rules?

I know Ublink.

:jawdrop: :laughter: :laughter: :laughter: :laughter: :laughter: :laughter: :laughter: :laughter: :laughter: :laughter:

Aero II
08-13-2003, 03:27 PM
You get Wys all riled up and it's like he has tourettes.