PDA

View Full Version : Sam Adams

ryven
08-13-2003, 10:58 AM
I know this has been brought up before but know that we are in camp what are thought on him and what does he need to improve?

personally I like the fact that he is in better shape. but the idea of being pushed back a little worries me a bit, but if he could correct that hell be fine and then O's well have lots of problem when the bills D comes rolling into town.

:gobills:

IHateTheDullphins
08-13-2003, 11:07 AM
I'll wait till the season starts to pass judgement on him, he'll live up to his billing in MHO.

WG
08-13-2003, 11:12 AM
We'll see ryven.

Indeed, time will tell.

I'll say this again tho, that if he plays like he did last year, that will be minimally acceptible IMO. I was expecting more when we brought him here. I didn't know he had put on so much weight in the OS. This Saturday well tell too.

I know we'll see how he finally is in RS, but he'll have to at least stand up for himself if he's gettin' pushed around or lose all respect. So I hope that he's dang site more one-on-one than he was in the Ravens' game.

IHateTheDullphins
08-13-2003, 11:19 AM
one quick note: being pushed around by the likes of MW, who is one of the biggest, strongest linemen in the league, isn't necesarilly to the detriment of SA.

ryven
08-13-2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

So I hope that he's dang site more one-on-one than he was in the Ravens' game.

what were you trying to say in this last sentence?

well I do agree time will tell but I hope some rust can shake off and we can see what he really has.

MDFINFAN
08-13-2003, 11:22 AM
I still thinks he gives you a good 1st half of the year, then the 2nd half he fades, conditioning goes down. He was very slow in the Ravens game, I'm not sure why, but we could pick up on his movement very clearly, I'll give him a benefit of a doubt until the 2nd half of the season, then I'll know if it's the same ol Adams.

ryven
08-13-2003, 11:27 AM
I agree with you there but when I heard that he got pushed around in last sat. game thats were my concerns lie but the ravens have always been tough on D

Tatonka
08-13-2003, 12:00 PM
MD and Wys should not be allowed to mention Sam adams at all until the season starts..

their opinions have been stated over and over on the subject.. wys thinks adams will be minimal improvement and MD thinks that same will fade in the second half of the year..

we got it.. kthanks.

MDFINFAN
08-13-2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
MD and Wys should not be allowed to mention Sam adams at all until the season starts..

their opinions have been stated over and over on the subject.. wys thinks adams will be minimal improvement and MD thinks that same will fade in the second half of the year..

we got it.. kthanks.

:lol:

That's why I wished you had come to the game and sat by us and saw what we saw. Not saying that he will play that way next game, btw I did give him half a season of good football, what do you want from me, other than not commenting on him. I'm sorry, if he plays like that again, I'll have to say something, If he plays great, I'll give him his props also. He's a hell of a player when he wants to be..Just seem he doesn't want to be as often as he use to.

WG
08-13-2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by ryven
what were you trying to say in this last sentence?

well I do agree time will tell but I hope some rust can shake off and we can see what he really has.

I meant that Adams was nothing more than a "one-on-one standoff!"

T likes to rant and support Adams, but the fact is that he's slowing. He slowed last year. The other day I watched the entire Raiders/Bills game from last year. I even rewound many spots.

Here's what I observed:

For about two series Sam was double-teamed often. From the 2nd Q on however, he rarely drew anything other than a single team and couldn't usually "beat" that man, just tied him up at the LoS. Centers ran right by Adams to the point where Adams put his arm around Centers. Centers broke the tackle and ran into the EZ for 6.

I was wholly unimpressed. I also remember watching 2 or 3 other Raiders games last year for purposes of wanting to see if TD bumbled by not signing Adams as I thought was prudent and as we needed. I remember again, not being particularly impressed and thinking it was good that we didn't pay him big bucks. I even stated as much after the season before we signed him.

We're right about one thing, that he likely won't be in RS what he was on Saturday, but that's essentially all I'm saying. I'm saying that he'd better step up or he won't have been worth what we paid him.

You're welcome to the tape if you promise to send it back to me. The first Q or so is w/o sound for some unknown reason. But the pic is fine. Actually, it was better w/o sound for my purposes. LOL

Anyway, you can watch it if you want, and then tell me how marvelous you think Adams played.

His play in the Ravens game only told me that he's a complete slob. He barely moved well at all. It was more like an amble or stutter to his right and left.

Sure, maybe he'll be fine by opening day. I sure hope so in fact, but if he hits the field on OD anything close to what he was on Saturday, it'll be starting on the bench behind Edwards.

SamAdamsFan
08-13-2003, 12:15 PM
Maybe Sam is on and off depending on the importance of the game or play he is on, but I am very confident that he'll really turn up the heat once real games begin.

WG
08-13-2003, 12:16 PM
I think very few people commenting on Adams actually watched him play last year. It's pretty clear that no one remembers how he played v. us!

We'll see on Saturday. Unfortunately I'll have to watch a tape. I have the terrible decision of deciding between two things.

The other is a buddy of mine who's just getting back from the Gulf. He's a marine F-18 pilot and his family is having a welcome back party. He's having some sort of slide show. He also just made the Blue Angels and begins training this fall. He should be performing as early as next spring.

He's a really cool cat! So I think I'm gonna tape the game. I won't take any chances however that the programming works. I'm gonna drive home, start the tape, and then drive back. LOL

I may even stay for the first Q.

"may..." Who am I kidding... LOL

TypicalBill
08-13-2003, 12:18 PM
I love it when Wys doesn't like a player... he usually turns out better than everyone expected :D and when he likes him :( he's over.

:jk:

:D

WG
08-13-2003, 12:25 PM
LOL TB! Does it work in reverse...?

IMO you're the best moderator we have...

:scared:

LOL

Originally posted by SamAdamsFan
Maybe Sam is on and off depending on the importance of the game or play he is on, but I am very confident that he'll really turn up the heat once real games begin.

Indeed! And maybe he's just a step away from being a slow, washed up DT who can't move effectively too! Right?

;)

TypicalBill
08-13-2003, 12:30 PM
LOL TB! Does it work in reverse...?

IMO you're the best moderator we have...

:scared:

LOL

i guess thats it for me.

:sick:

WG
08-13-2003, 12:35 PM
You brung that shtuff on yourself!

TypicalBill
08-13-2003, 12:37 PM
:chuckle: :hi5:

SamAdamsFan
08-13-2003, 12:38 PM
Sam may be just a step away from being a slow, washed up player who can't move effectively, but so is every other football player based on how hard they work and how old they get. I have confidence in the Bills and I think they'll whip him into shape. I guess we won't really know until the season opener, but I'm sure pulling for Sam.

SamAdamsFan
08-13-2003, 12:39 PM
I'm kind of new to this site, maybe you guys could help me out. How do you put someone else's quote in you response?

Thanks!

MDFINFAN
08-13-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by SamAdamsFan
I'm kind of new to this site, maybe you guys could help me out. How do you put someone else's quote in you response?

Thanks!

On the bottom right hand side of the post, click on the quote button, it will pick up their post and then you type underneath it. after the quote dialog box.

SamAdamsFan
08-13-2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN

On the bottom right hand side of the post, click on the quote button, it will pick up their post and then you type underneath it. after the quote dialog box.

Thanks MDFINFAN!

MDFINFAN
08-13-2003, 01:00 PM
No Problem

Tatonka
08-13-2003, 02:00 PM

T likes to rant and support Adams, but the fact is that he's slowing.

where?

i rant about you dogging players before game time has even started.