PDA

View Full Version : Coleman #3 WR, Johnson #4 ??

IHateTheDullphins
08-13-2003, 11:50 AM
Anybody know the deal with Shaw getting moved to #5 and those other two getting moved up? I like Coleman but it's too early.:idea:

ryven
08-13-2003, 11:53 AM
it always seems like there screwing with it so I dont put alot of thought behind it right now

Tatonka
08-13-2003, 11:57 AM
link? where are you getting that info from?

i have not heard anything about coleman moving to #3

MDFINFAN
08-13-2003, 12:00 PM
What's coleman's number, I think he was one of the young receiver that I said was haven't a good game against the Ravens, your young receivers looked pretty good.

IHateTheDullphins
08-13-2003, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
link? where are you getting that info from?

i have not heard anything about coleman moving to #3

look on the main site under depth chart

TypicalBill
08-13-2003, 12:03 PM
He's not necessarily the 3rd WR but he moved up on the depth chart.

on one WR side its : Moulds, Coleman, Aiken

on the other : Reed, C.Johnson, Shaw

Link (http://www.buffalobills.com/team/index.cfm?cont_type_id=1319)

IHateTheDullphins
08-13-2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN
What's coleman's number, I think he was one of the young receiver that I said was haven't a good game against the Ravens, your young receivers looked pretty good.

#14 - he was the one running all over the field

WG
08-13-2003, 12:04 PM
I'll wager anyone that Johson doesn't make the final roster...!

Any takers, PM me?

The only condition is if Moulds, Reed get hurt.

Aero II
08-13-2003, 12:05 PM
The starting 22 are prety well set (except for LDE). I think they are just mixing up the depth to see what they can do against better talent for the preseason games.

ryven
08-13-2003, 12:05 PM
I hope he does move up the chart but number three may be a bit much as far as start of the season that why I dont put much thought in the depth chart your looking at but I could have something to do with last sat. game.

EM Bills Fan 80
08-13-2003, 12:10 PM
I totally agree Wys, he was unproductive last season, and is getting up in age. Time for one of the younger guys to get their shot....hopefully Coleman

IHateTheDullphins
08-13-2003, 12:19 PM
Coleman looked good, now he's got to do it every game.

MDFINFAN
08-13-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by IHateTheDullphins

#14 - he was the one running all over the field

Yea that guy was good. Probably after that game deserves to be #3, but it's only one game, let's see if he can maintain his status.

JefftheBillsfan
08-13-2003, 01:09 PM
I thought it was odd Shaw didn't return any punts either..

I wonder if he will be a suprise cut?

lordofgun
08-13-2003, 01:28 PM
Cut Johnson and Jett NOW!

DraftBoy
08-14-2003, 01:35 AM
Well then the Depth Chart would be what:
1. Moulds
2. Reed
3-6. Shaw, Coleman, Aiken, Rone
7. Brown

If its my team I cut Shaw too and leave Brown on as a PR guy, he showed alot during the Ravens game and I think he deserves a shot at the job, either that or at least a PS spot.

Jan Reimers
08-14-2003, 07:29 AM
The depth chart appears to be more of a device to indicate who gets playing time, for evaluation purposes, in the next game, e.g. Pucillo ahead of Sullivan. It may also be a motivation tool. It will certainly change after the Titans game, and several more times before the start of the season.

eyedog
08-14-2003, 07:40 AM
Shaw is not getting cut. I agree with most of you, Johnson,Jett, and Rone are history.
The question is how many receivers they keep 5 or 6.
It will be interesting what happens with Coleman, Brown, and Aiken. I don't think they would give up on Aiken being a fairly high draft pick, Brown has definite value as a returner, and besides Moulds, Coleman has looked the best of the bunch.
These last three games will decide their futures.

DraftBoy
08-14-2003, 09:24 AM
I wouldnt be surprised if Shaw got cut, he was signed as a depth WR and a PR guy, now brown has shown that he can do the PR job rather well (his consistency is still a question), and Coleman is doing a terrific job in his chances at WR, I doubt we would cut Aiken either due to the fact that he is a high DP, then again they may cut Brown and sign him to the PS squad. We shall see.

WG
08-14-2003, 09:30 AM
I agree w/ you 26!

I think that Shaw's expendable at this point.

Moulds, Reed, Aiken (no way we cut a 4th rounder in the season we drafted him), Coleman

Brown will be kept unless he bust at returns for the rest of PS. Otherwise he'll be here. Expect Brown to be amongst the STs roster spots, not the WRs.

My guess is that Johnson doesn't survive the first round of cuts. Jett goes too since his only asset is and has been speed but we now all of a sudden have an abundance of it in more youthful players. We'll keep 5 w/ my guess for fifth being Rone again.

BillsOwnAll
08-14-2003, 09:32 AM
colema if he plays like he did against BALT. hell be #3 easily/.

R. Rich
08-14-2003, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN
but it's only one game, let's see if he can maintain his status.

Agreed. It was a nice performance, but it was only one PRESEASON game! Remember, Darick Holmes was the NFL's leading rusher his rookie year.........in the PRESEASON!! He could turn out to be a solid contributor or a bust; who knows? Let's wait and see.

IHateTheDullphins
08-14-2003, 12:36 PM
Jett, Rone, and Johnson are locks for a one way ticket out of Buffalo. Coleman will stay, Aiken is a lock, Shaw will stay due to his experience and versatilty, Brown will be taking kicks back this season.