PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs' corners on the spot

Gunzlingr
08-13-2003, 03:48 PM
RIVER FALLS, Wis. — Cornerback William Bartee sees the video now and, just like his teammates, coaches and Chiefs fans did Saturday night, cringes.

There's Blue Springs native and San Francisco rookie wide receiver Brandon Lloyd running by Bartee off the line of scrimmage on the way to hauling in a 39-yard touchdown pass in a weekend preseason game.

It was yet another big pass play allowed by Bartee, one that was easily preventable but too late to take back now.

“It's not a physical thing,” Bartee said Monday as the Chiefs began their final week of training camp. “It's a technique thing. I should have played the guy more inside. I was too far outside. It won't happen next time. We've got three more weeks of practice (before the regular-season routine begins), so I'm not worried.”

The idea behind all the off-season defensive planning was to reduce the whopping number of big plays allowed. The other changes won't matter much if the starting corners, Bartee and Eric Warfield, don't hold up their end.

more (http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/football/nfl/kansas_city_chiefs/6511564.htm)