PDA

View Full Version : Strahan seeks happiness, inner peace and a Super Bowl ring

Gunzlingr
08-13-2003, 04:19 PM
ALBANY, N.Y. -- Michael Strahan -- you remember him -- enjoys a leisurely dining-hall dinner of ribs and mashed potatoes. Without even a hint of controversy surrounding him during this Giants training camp, the only thing Strahan is trying to deflect is barbecue sauce.

"Anytime there's a Jeremy Shockey on your team," Strahan said, laughing, "you don't have to worry about making headlines, buddy."

Nearly three weeks into camp, Strahan has made news just once, when he broke the little toe on his right foot. Even that, he figures, was overblown.

"I'm really enjoying this," he said. "(Warren) Sapp's not barking, no contract issues, no teammate issues, no coach issues, just football. I'm just going to work, doing what I have to do."

What he has to do, in his mind, in his 11th NFL season, is win. For the reigning NFL sack king who has reached every individual milestone as a defensive end, including three-time All-Pro recognition and five Pro Bowl trips, only a Super Bowl victory remains elusive.

MORE (http://www.nj.com/giants/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/1060752547222640.xml)