PDA

View Full Version : Pucillo passes Sullivan on the depth chart

Tatonka
08-13-2003, 06:26 PM
the wnsa report said that pucillo is the starter at this point.

ArcticWildMan
08-13-2003, 06:28 PM
Now he has to stay healthy.

The Spaz
08-13-2003, 09:32 PM
Well this definitelty conflicts with this story.

A huge talent gets better

Buffalo counts on young offensive lineman to fulfill massive potential

Link... (http://www.democratandchronicle.com/sports/bills/08133E1GC82_sullivan13_bills.shtml?tbd08133E1GC82_sullivan13_bills.shtml)

HenryRules
08-13-2003, 11:37 PM
Actually, from what I read, that story says that Sullivan's job is definitely up for grabs.

I interpreted it as saying that he had a good season last year, but didn't show the consistency to be guaranteed a starting job or anything.

LABillsFan
08-14-2003, 01:03 AM
I'm not sure he has earned the right, he doesn't have enough false starts to overtake Sullivan.

SABURZFAN
08-14-2003, 01:41 AM
did pucillo get that much better or did sullivan's performance slip?sullivan did a good job last year.

JefftheBillsfan
08-14-2003, 06:47 AM
I've felt Sullivan is a force is in the making.

Tatonka
08-14-2003, 07:29 AM
i think most of us like sullivan.. but i also feel like if pucillo takes over for him, it is because he is better.. so we will be fine either way.

The Spaz
08-14-2003, 07:35 AM
Here's an article that explains a lot of it:

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/sports/bills/0814GS1GNA8_billsnotes14_bills.shtml?tbd0814GS1GNA8_billsnotes14_bills.shtml

NC-BILLS44
08-14-2003, 07:38 AM
When I went to camp, at the end of July, Sullivan was getting an ear full from coach Ruel. He had to step out for a few plays. Then, when he went back in, he got beat with the same move and had to do push ups. No kidding!!!!

Jan Reimers
08-14-2003, 07:39 AM
I wouldn't put too much stock in this switch. The Bills certainly want to evaluate Pucillo's abilities as a starter, but they may also be issuing a wake up call to Sullivan. As I said in another post, the depth chart is a very fluid thing at this point.

Ebenezer
08-14-2003, 07:39 AM
they discussed it on the radio this morning...it appears to be Pucillo's chance to play with the 1st team and show what he can do...Coleman is also the number 4 WR right now and will get some time at #3 simply to see what he can do with Bledsoe.

Tatonka
08-14-2003, 07:42 AM
did you read the bottom of that article.. i really didnt like the feeling i got from henry.. or the way the reporters are going to attack wm's contract..

Travis unfazed: Starting running back Travis Henry, who will earn a little more than $1 million in each of the next three seasons after signing a one-year extension during the off-season, said he wasn’t aware of how much first-round pick Willis McGahee signed for (five years, $15.528 million with incentives, $4.15 million bonus).

“ No, I’m worried about the money I need to sign for, but I didn’t see it,” said Henry, who gained 1,438 yards last year and made the Pro Bowl.

Henry, who chatted with McGahee in the player’s dorm after McGahee arrived on campus, said it won’t be his job to mentor the former Miami star who is recovering from major knee surgery.

“ That’s going to be on him to watch and see some of the things I do in the game,” said Henry, who on draft day labeled the selection of McGahee a slap in the face by Bills management. “ I’m just doing my thing. I’ve got my own goals I’ve set for this year and this team, and I’m just trying to get better each day myself.”

The Spaz
08-14-2003, 07:44 AM
Some of the Media can be a bunch of ass clowns sometimes!:)

WG
08-14-2003, 08:03 AM
Doesn't matter tho. I don't like the way this situation is shaping up. Could blow up in our faces at some point. Could work out fine too. But it seems to me that the odds are greatly stacked against us that it works out optimally.

On Sullivan, agree T, I think we all like Sullivan. If Pucillo's playing well enough however, all the better. A guy like Sullivan, or Pucillo if he's close to the same level, helps our OL depth issue.

IMO tho, this is simply PS roster jockeying and doesn't at all reflect what may happen for the RS. Keep in mind as well that Sullivan was predicted as a 3rd rounder by many when he came out from Illinois. He was good there.

If there's one thing that I'd like to see it's the coaches not allowing players two seasons to play. I think that their first year, for the young players that is, is a huge learning experience and they really develop, usually, in their second. If we're constantly trying new people at a position, it doesn't give one player the chance to grow there.

This entire thing could be good; i.e., we have two halfway decent OL-men. Or, it could be bad; i.e., they're struggling finding a solid starter at G.

WG
08-14-2003, 08:06 AM
BTW, my money would still go on the fifth rounder outta Illinois!