• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WG
    Drew and Sam stole all my hair
    • Jul 2002

How good will McGahee be in the Pros?

In discussing this w/ some of y'all, I thought back on WM's season at Miami. Here's how he played v. top 25 (final) teams:

First of all, other than OSU, the highest ranked team that Miami played was VA Tech at 18th. Both FSU and WVU were ranked slightly higher at the time they played Miami, but neither turned out to be that good.

v. OSU, ranked 1st:

20 for 67, 1 TD, 3 catches for 5 yards

v. VA Tech, ranked 18th:

39 for 205, 6 TD, 2 catches for 21 yards

v. Pitt, ranked 19th:

19 for 159, 2 TD, 4 catches for 11 yards

v. FSU, ranked 21st:

26 for 95, 1 TD, 3 catches for 78 yards

v. WVU, ranked 25th:

32 for 112, 3 TD, 2 catches for 71 yards

Overall that's pretty dagonned good! But I guess since Miami didn't play any top 10 teams other than OSU, and since they had such immense talent, I suppose I'm concerned that that big game of 3.4 YPC and 20 of 67 means more than the rest for some reason. Even v. FSU and WVU, his avg. YPC was under 4.0. 3.6 and 3.5. That has me concerned that he may be somewhat overrated. And again, for anyone who saw the Fiesta Bowl, you couldn't have been too impressed with his play there either. Dorsey also played the lights out v. the young Tech DBs and racked up 300 yards on only 12 completions. Perhaps that led the way for McG's big day. Who knows.
    Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

• casdhf
    • Jul 2002

I'd like to see him step on the field before I nominate him for the Hall of Fame or the scrap heap
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Alluro
      You Don't Stand a Chance !
      • Jul 2002

How good can he be if he's healthy? I think he could get 1700 yds and 20 combined TDs in a season- numbers henry will never approach.

Comment

• Captain gameboy
        • Jul 2002

I think the level of success of his knee rehab has a lot more to do with his eventual success than his stats in his sophmore year.

Let's not forget. 6.0", 223.
        NFL.com had him at a 4.24 40.
        Universally regarded as the best high school running back in Florida in '99.
        Redshirted as freshman, so only played two years Div. 1. Serious contender for the Heisman, and the no one runner on prabably the best college team over the past two years..
        Pretty nice resume, I'd say.
        What I like about him is that he's supposed to be quicker than fast, and he's plenty fast.
        Henry is great, but doesn't threaten the end zone unless close in. He's more of a clock eater.
        We haven't had a guy who can take it in since OJ-someone who can really take the pressure off the passing game. Thurman was superb,a hall of famer, but even he couldn't flat out-run people.

Regardless, his knee recovery is the most important thing now.

Comment

• Alluro
          You Don't Stand a Chance !
          • Jul 2002

"He's one of the best I've seen in a long, long time. He's bigger and faster than Edgerrin James. It's hard to believe he's 225. Good hands. Knocks them right on the ground in blitz pickup. He's everything."

-Ron Nay, Washington Redskins Director of Scouting

Comment

• casdhf
            • Jul 2002

I think the only reason he came out was because he wouldnt even be the best HB at Miami
            Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
            cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

oh christ..
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The Spaz
                • Mar 2003

Exactly T the Running backs coach of the Hurricanes said that it was not true!

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

oh christ at this whole thread.. not just that statement..
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The Spaz
                    • Mar 2003

Yeah true!:) I am a Bills optimist may I be cursed from Wys forever MuHAHAHAAHAHa...lol:)

Comment

• bernielivsey_1
                      • Jul 2003

:drinker: Willis will be like no other RB we've had. He's faster than Travis and Thomas. He can catch just fine and like Thurman the can line up as a wide out. His first step was/is amazing. He is a gamebreaker. Having said all this I love Travis and his game. If TD and GW handle this right Travis will be hear til 2005 and become a free agent with no animosity. Wills will be our future after that. :teeth:

Then we'll have a franchise RB and a franchise QB right Wys?
                      In Marv We Trust
                      The Past Is Now The Future

Comment

• MDFINFAN
                        • Jun 2003

Well if you go on the history of Miami RB's in the NFL, I think you will be very please, they are usually very well prepared for the NFL..already have a cockiness about them..Look at recent RB's from Miami.

Edgerim James, Clinton Portis.
                        Look at their players overall, Sapp, Shockley, Ray Lewis, I could go on and on, Miami prepares Pro Players for the Pros.

Reach for the stars

Comment

• Billz_fan
                          • Jan 2003

A question that I would not even approach untill the man hits the field during the season.

Loads of potential and hopefully speed.

We will find out when he plays.......To be continued
                          The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• venis2k1
                            Youboty can hope
                            • Jul 2002

U of Miami is a football factory alright.

Comment

• HenryRules
                              • Jul 2002

I'm not going to make predictions on how well he'll do.

The one comment I can say for sure is that he will be the hardest working Bill. Everything that I've read/seen/heard about him has indicated that he's gotta be one of the hardest workers in sports. Having guys like that on your team can never be a problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X