PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Gary quote:

northernbillfan
08-14-2003, 04:23 AM
When asked about his long term goals he said:

"Personally as far as goals, the only goal I have is to help this team win a Super Bowl. That was my goal when I signed here and that continues to be it."

Link (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/index.cfm?cont_id=198953)

Captain gameboy
08-14-2003, 05:17 AM
Link has it coming from Olandis Gary.

JefftheBillsfan
08-14-2003, 06:46 AM
..ya, im glad willis has stuck to his goal from when he signed way back when...must have been gary.

WG
08-14-2003, 08:13 AM
Regardless!

How cliche'd is that anyway!

"I wanna help this team win..."

:z:

No kidding! We thought you came here b/c you like Buffalo weather!

What's he supposed to say anyway? "I wanna be the best RB in the NFL and don't really care where I play as long as the team has a shot of winning a championship and I can shine!"

I cannot imagine that Gary, or McGahee, EVER, during their collegiate careers or prior, said, "You know ma, I really, really, really wanna go play professional ball in Buffalo!"

LOL I suppose it's possible, but this is simple media speak. Let's not look too much into it. Besides, it's meaningless unless he performs.

TypicalBill
08-14-2003, 08:20 AM
No kidding! We thought you came here b/c you like Buffalo weather!

What's he supposed to say anyway? "I wanna be the best RB in the NFL and don't really care where I play as long as the team has a shot of winning a championship and I can shine!"

:chuckle:

northernbillfan
08-14-2003, 12:43 PM
Yeah, my bad, I thought I cut it from a McGahee Q & A.

Still, cliche or not, I don't think many guys would make a bold statement like that if they didn't htink the team they were going to had a chance.

R. Rich
08-14-2003, 12:55 PM
Was he a Political Science major in school at Georgia? Very diplomatic.

Throne Logic
08-14-2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Let's not look too much into it.

What he said . . .

MDFINFAN
08-14-2003, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by northernbillfan
Yeah, my bad, I thought I cut it from a McGahee Q & A.

Still, cliche or not, I don't think many guys would make a bold statement like that if they didn't htink the team they were going to had a chance.

Wanna bet....I can show 100's of old archieves from different teams when a player would say just that. Believe me it's cliches.

ajsdx
09-11-2003, 09:02 PM
Sweet

EM Bills Fan 80
09-12-2003, 11:37 AM
Hope he has fun trying to win it in Detroit!!!

Gunzlingr
09-12-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by EM Bills Fan 80
Hope he has fun trying to win it in Detroit!!!

I was thinking the same thing EM!

Mr. Miyagi
09-12-2003, 12:25 PM
"Personally as far as goals, the only goal I have is to help this team win a Super Bowl. That was my goal when I signed here and that continues to be it."
Translation: Mo' money baby, mo' money!