View Full Version : Big Rant by Jim Brinson today...

mchurchfie
09-17-2002, 11:46 AM
Jim Brinson just went on a big rant about how all of the fans complain so much and basically said if they don't have anything good to say then don't call up. So everyone put on your rose colored glasses the next time you call that smuck up because he doesn't want us being objective and critiquing the team in any way, shape, or form. I guess he is the only one that has that right seeing that he touts his little short butt as being such a great ex-jock. I used to like him but I really resent the way he looks down upon the fans sometimes just because we aren't professional athletes and thinks that we don't have anything of value to say or have any right to say it. But oh, i forgot...he plays tennis..he is qualified..BIG THUMBS DOWN FOR SHORTY WITH THE BAD DOO!! :madfire:

lordofgun
09-17-2002, 12:01 PM
He needs to stick to talking basketball. He sucks at that, but it's the only thing he knows anything about. Plus his face is wrinkled.

Earthquake Enyart
09-17-2002, 12:04 PM
He must have had more hair plugs installed today. They really hurt, and the radio headphones rub on them.

Earthquake Enyart
09-17-2002, 12:05 PM
Or some of the hair dye got in his eyes. That stings too, right Jaded?

bduff54
09-17-2002, 02:50 PM
to his credit, bills fan are very fickle. half of them left in the 4th Q of the jets game

casdhf
09-17-2002, 02:58 PM
half huh?

lordofgun
09-17-2002, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by bduff54
to his credit, bills fan are very fickle. half of them left in the 4th Q of the jets game

Were you there Duff? I was, and the stadium was mostly full 'til the bitter end.

Earthquake Enyart
09-17-2002, 03:05 PM
He left.

lordofgun
09-17-2002, 03:07 PM
:lol:

casdhf
09-17-2002, 03:08 PM
It looked packed when I was there. log was quite the woman though, he left 7 minutes into the second quarter.

lordofgun
09-17-2002, 03:11 PM
I left right after the first quarter. Don't sell me short.

casdhf
09-17-2002, 03:35 PM
sorry, my memory is a little foggy, it was a long time ago :up:

Rebecky
09-17-2002, 04:12 PM
He considers himself a jock because he played tennis? I'll bet he's pretty good at lawn bowling, too. Sheesh.

Gunzlingr
09-17-2002, 04:20 PM
Are lawn darts a sport?

northernbillfan
09-17-2002, 04:39 PM
Are lawn darts a sport?

Only if you hunt gofers with 'em.

Rebecky
09-17-2002, 06:03 PM
Boring anecdote:

Actually, the way my daughter played tennis was almost like a contact sport --

Never took a lesson, played varsity by instinct with ONE strategy: aim ball straight at opponent's head and whack it like a cannon in attempt to decapitate opponent. The tennis coach used to roll on the sidelines laughing at her unorthodox aggressive style and the opponents' reactions. She actually won several matches against better trained players. But, as you can imagine, her attitude was more appreciated on the soccer field.

vmark11
09-17-2002, 11:21 PM
What a jackass. Somebody tell him he wouldn't have a job if Buffalonians weren't as passionate about their teams as they are.

I never liked him anyways. I love it when he has a special expert guest on the show, and whenever they make a comment of value, Brinson nods his head and says "yeh, I was just gonna say...." as if he knows what he's talking about. Yeh, whatever guy; if you have the first clue about any sport, then how come you never bring anything to the table by YOURSELF?

TigerJ
09-17-2002, 11:48 PM
I think that Buffalo fans are pretty negative toward GW. I think it dates back to the days immediately following the hiring of GW when he came across as an arrogant hard headed guy who was more full of himself than anything else. He said some stupid things like "This team right now can win the Super Bowl. People remembered that, and when the team posted a 3-13 season they were unwilling to forgive him for misleading them. It's a year later and I think GW has done some things right, and may be improving as a coach, though he still makes mistakes. Because of leftover ill will from last year, people are ready to jump on those mistakes. I don't blame people. They're gonna do what they're gonna do. I think that the only think that is going to improve the fan attitude toward GW, who I think gets the brunt of fan wrath, is building the Bills into a consistent winner.

On Brinson: When he's been on the radio he puts himself down and says there are other guys who are real sports talk hosts, who know what they are doing, but I think that is a false front. I think he has a very large ego. I've heard him sound pretty condescending toward fans who are not as ignorant as he thinks.

WG
09-18-2002, 12:33 AM
Jim Brinson, huh?

And what hall-of-fame lists is he on?

Any significant accolades?

Lori
09-18-2002, 01:42 PM
Like Brinson's never been negative about anything?

(See FanTV, entire 2001 season.)

Rebecky
09-18-2002, 03:46 PM
If Brinson is really chastising Bills fans for normal home-fan second guessing the HC --

Means he's probably lost his objectivity and become GW's shmoozing golf-buddy or something, doesn't it?

I hate it when a sportscaster goes bad and becomes one of "them" . . . . . .

Earthquake Enyart
09-19-2002, 06:30 AM
He's looking for work for when Empire / Adelphia implodes. All of them are ass kissers now.