• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Tom Donahoe on WGR 7AM!

I'll post highlights.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

weather today hot and humid, 87....right now Fog as thick as pea soup.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

how dicey negotiations?

hard to do...credit to Jim Overdorf and Drew Rosenhaus. Difficulty was player drafted later than projected who is not 100%. He is not ready to practice.

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

are negotiations little battles?

no, get it done and keep it civil. go with the facts and be fair. always work to middle.

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

rosenhaus insisted that McGahee was ready to play in the press?

Drew never went to med school...we did not pay attention to it. Our doctors have been observing the workouts and rehab.

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

TD: Willis was hear most of the spring and doctors visited we were always aware of his knee condition.

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

TD: There is no time table on WM playing in 2003.. He thinks he'll play but I have my own opinion.

We wanted 7 years, they wanted 6 voidable to 4. We don't write voidable deals. We went down to 5 and it worked.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                Give me a minute...
                • Jul 2002

WM will be placed on the Non-Football Injury list today and counts against the 80 man preseason list. If he is on NFI at the start of the season he must stay off until week 6. Between weeks 6 & 9 he can then practice. He can then be activated or be put on IR for the year.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

Isn't the life span of running backs 4 or 5 years?

For most it is and then there is some drop off. Drafting WM was not a slap in the face to TH. We had a chance to get a great player for this team. It will be a competition that will play itself out. I don't forecast anything.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                    Give me a minute...
                    • Jul 2002

Things are going great in Rochester?

It has been crazy with the PGA and all. 30,000 people yesterday at the PGA and we were packed yesterday. WE added another night practice because everything has been special and we want to give something back to fans who cannot get out during the day.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Give me a minute...
                      • Jul 2002

Will we see lower preseason ticket prices?

Once the prices are locked into the league we cannot change them. The league won't let us. So, we do a kids day and reduce the tix for them but we still have to run that through the league. Prices cannot be deviated from and locked in.

The other team must be paid too. The preseason money goes into one pot and is split amongst all teams. All the costs of a regular season game goes into a preseason game. It is discussed at the league level all the time. We (GMs and coaches) feel we need the 4 games.

With all the money in one pot it makes it easier to schedule the games. Often teams would not want to go to other cities. A couple of teams were on everybody's want list and some were never asked.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

Antoine Winfield: Richard Katz is his agent. Some preliminary talks going on including this week. We want to keep him.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                          • May 2003

I thought I would chime in so it doesn't look like you are talking to yourself.:)

Comment

• Ebenezer
                            Give me a minute...
                            • Jul 2002

Who is involved with the cuts?

We all are. Coaches choose numbers and special teams guys. We meet twice a week now to start to formulate the roster.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                              Give me a minute...
                              • Jul 2002

WGR thanked the bills for items given to a charity auction this weekend.

TD said they were glad to do it.

They look forward to being on ESPN this weekend. It will be exciting.

Comment

Working...
                              X