PDA

View Full Version : GREAT Spikes article...

WG
08-14-2003, 11:08 AM
Off the front page:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/6561485

"Imagine lining up opposite a menacing linebacker, complete with broad shoulders, bulging arms and an Olympian-sized neck that would probably damage a guillotine. And the back of his jersey reads "Spikes."

Even if you had never seen him before and just heard his name, you'd be frightened.

The name says it all: Takeo Spikes. Takeo is Japanese for "great warrior." And Spikes ... that's self explanatory. If naming children was a business, Spikes' parents would be millionaires. They hit the nail on the head when they named their son."

"Would nine wins do it?

"Nah; 9-7 would be like every season I went through in Cincinnati," he said. "And just like in Cincinnati, we would be home in the offseason. The only difference is, with Cincinnati, you might stay up a little longer at night trying to figure out what you did wrong versus Buffalo. Shoot, you might go to bed five minutes earlier."

How about 10 wins?

"At least."

When asked if the Bills had it in them, Spikes responded with one word: "Absolutely."

With Spikes -- the new Beast of the AFC East -- patrolling on defense, there's no reason to doubt him."

:evil:

BillsOverDolphins
08-14-2003, 11:12 AM
nice, i posted it on finsewer.com about 30 minutes ago..good read

WG
08-14-2003, 11:18 AM
finsewer...

LMAO!!

casdhf
08-14-2003, 11:31 AM
um....

Frankly, the Bills needed a nasty linebacker. Outside of veteran London Fletcher, who led the team with 97 tackles last year, no Bills linebacker accumulated more than 25 tackles all season long ( Keith Newman had 21 in 10 starts; he is now with Atlanta). It didn't take a Marv Levy to realize that without dependable linebackers, the defense had a big, soft hole for opponents to plot against. With the addition of Spikes, that hole is history.

WG
08-14-2003, 12:05 PM
Well, we have a guy named Posey on the team now...

:huh:

Also, the rookie Crowell...

Secondly, that's what the NFL and just about every other source says. According to the Bills FO Fletcher had like 528 tackles or something like that! I'm sure the other LBs had more too, easily must've been a few hundred or so each...

:D

IHateTheDullphins
08-14-2003, 12:27 PM
Spike seems to get the majority of the national press for the bills. Great read though, gets my blood goin!

:chuk: