PDA

View Full Version : Rochester Patriots Pre-Party Info thread:

WG
08-14-2003, 11:55 AM
We're definitely having a pre-party for the Patriots home opener in Rochester on Saturday night as well.

Anyone interested in coming please join us and feel free to sound off here.

It will begin at 7 p.m. and will be at Jeremiah's Tavern near the intersection of Culver and Monroe, just west (city side) of the intersection.

JT's site:

Jeremiah's Tavern Patriot Pre-Party Location Information (http://www.jeremiahstavern.com/default.html)

For anyone interested in caravaning to Buffalo the following morning, we plan on meeting at Tops by Jefferson Rd. and I-390 at 6:30 a.m. on Sunday.

Jeremiah's has outstanding food by-the-way! Great place to hang as well. We'll watch some college ball and whoop up the game!

Those attending at this point:

Voltron & Co.
Wys and wife
Mike
justanemesis (justasportsfan) :D
SamAdamsFan

Possibles:

Bulldog

Bulldog
08-14-2003, 12:01 PM
I might be down for that! I will let you know for sure when we get a little closer to the opener.

Bulldog
08-14-2003, 02:38 PM
I would assume that justa will also attend. But you will have to ask him.

WG
08-14-2003, 04:09 PM
Good pernt! Indeed...

How could I forget... :rolleyes:

He'll be the one poking me w/ hot irons all evening...

:D

Michael82
08-15-2003, 05:47 AM
Mike might be at the real party in Buffalo instead :D

Voltron
08-15-2003, 09:41 AM
you best be on time in the AM :madcurse:

Michael82
08-15-2003, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Voltron
you best be on time in the AM :madcurse:

For what? IF I am in Buffalo...it means I took my car and will be staying in Buffalo, bunking with somebody. :D

Voltron
08-15-2003, 10:01 AM
Ahhh ... rgr that!!! You goona bunk with Jaded's Dad or Pat's slutty aunt???

Michael82
08-15-2003, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Voltron
Ahhh ... rgr that!!! You goona bunk with Jaded's Dad or Pat's slutty aunt???

Worse! :lol: :evil:

The helmet crew...
PHIL and the infamous Helmet Guy! :D

Bulldog
08-15-2003, 10:15 AM
So who in the hell is going to be at the Roch. party?

WG
08-15-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Mike32282

For what? IF I am in Buffalo...it means I took my car ...

:lolcry:

ROFLMAO...

WG
08-15-2003, 11:55 AM
BTW Mike, not sure you know, but a tow all the way from Rochester to Buffalo is gonna cost you an awful lot of cash....

Just a heads up!

:lolcry:

Bulldog,

It'll be a handful of us. Those listed above. If I had to wager, I'd wager that Mike will be at the Rochester party.

It's only an alternative to having to drive to Buffalo. All the same people will be at the tailgate the next day. Feel free to go to either. Not sure where you are, but if you don't feel like making the drive to Amherst, then feel free to swing by at Jeremiah's.

No biggie either way other than we'd love to have ya stop by!

BTW, I'll post a BZ gameday thread after this weekend's game!

Michael82
08-15-2003, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
BTW Mike, not sure you know, but a tow all the way from Rochester to Buffalo is gonna cost you an awful lot of cash....

Just a heads up!

Not with AAAPlus! :D

I can be towed anywhere I want within the 100 mile radius. :tongue:

WG
08-15-2003, 12:35 PM
Ahhh, but read the fine print!

To the closest AAA approved service station. Yet another part of the reason why I stopped paying for AAA.

Besides, you missed my point completely...

:rolleyes:

They won't tow you from your house to the party!

We'll see ya at the Rochester party, eh...!

:)

Michael82
08-15-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Ahhh, but read the fine print!

To the closest AAA approved service station. Yet another part of the reason why I stopped paying for AAA.

Besides, you missed my point completely...

They won't tow you from your house to the party!

We'll see ya at the Rochester party, eh...!

:)

Not exactly Wys. Triple A plus is the high priced one. They towed me all the way from Syracuse to my house one time. They could tow me from Buffalo to Rochester If my car breaks down. :rolleyes:

WG
08-15-2003, 01:03 PM
Ahh, but will they tow ya to the Buffalo Brew Pub from your house and then back on Sunday?

Get it!

Michael82
08-15-2003, 03:53 PM
Bite me! :tongue:

SamAdamsFan
08-15-2003, 04:03 PM
I'm going to be traveling from Yonkers to Rochester on Saturday. From there I'm going to the Bills home opener from Sunday morning with a friend of mine from Orlando who is flying up to meet up with me in Rochester. Neither one of us have tickets though and we are just going to have to gamble that we can find two tickets from scalpers. It's a hell of a lot of travelling though if it turns out we can't get any tickets at Ralph Wilson Stadium Sunday morning. Do any of you have any idea where I could find a couple of tickets? Also, where is the best place at the stadium to find people selling them? Thanks a lot if you have any info!

WG
08-15-2003, 08:01 PM
SAfan,

Yeah, come w/ me on Sunday morning. I'll show you where. There's several places at different times. The more patient you are the less you'll pay, but I suppose the risks go up.

Come to the Jeremiah's party on Saturday night. It's a great place and it'll be a blast.

BTW, are you prepared to pay a little bit more than face value?

You can probably find some for face or even perhaps a little less if you wait and get them on the way in.

SamAdamsFan
08-16-2003, 09:33 AM
Thanks a lot Wys, I am willing to pay more than face value if I have to, but I don't want to pay too much more. I'm really looking forward to the game. I'll be at Jeremiah's Saturday night. Great bar choice, they have my favorite wings in town!

WG
08-16-2003, 10:31 AM
Cool!

Yeah, if the weather's nice it's even nicer since all the windows open over on the restaurant side.

Where are your other favorite wing places?

Here are mine:

MacGregor's
Jeremiah's
Sports Page
Hitchcocks
Woody's/Pittsford Pub
Elmwood Inn

Haven't been to Crummers in a while, but they were good last time.
The Garage Door used to have good wings. They still there?
We used to go to Norton's after work on occasion for them. They were decent.
Also, Raffles over at RIT had good wings over a decade ago. Not even sure they're still there.

The Distillery used to be on my list, but the last several times I'd been there they jipped on the sauce and many of the wings were broken and small and they just didn't seem to care. There's a few too many great wing places in Rochester such that I don't need to keep going there until they fix it.

I haven't heard of too many great wing places over on the west side although it isn't for a lack of asking/looking. Bathtub Billy's are good.