PDA

View Full Version : PFW's PICK FOR BILLS O and D MVP

cordog
08-14-2003, 11:56 AM
Wednesday, August 13
Updated: August 14, 11:31 AM ET

These AFC players are vital to their teams' success

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pro Football Weekly

PFW analyzes the AFC players who will be most vital to their teams' success in 2003.

It happens every year on every NFL team. One player steps up and takes his game to the next level, guiding his team through the perils of the season.

These players become as necessary to the team's on-field operations as water is to the Hoover Dam. They are each team's MVPs, and what follows is a rundown of the pilots Pro Football Weekly believes will steer the 32 ships sailing for the Super Bowl this year.

AFC East
Offensive MVP: Quarterback Drew Bledsoe. Bledsoe exploded onto the scene as a leader and big-time producer on the field. With the emergence of running back Travis Henry, it will be up to Bledsoe to keep the Bills' offense balanced.
Defensive MVP: Outside linebacker Takeo Spikes. Last season, it was tough to predict a defensive MVP for this team, as no one really stood out. But an offseason overhaul has changed that, and Spikes is expected to become the heart and soul of this unit.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/s/afcmvps.html

WG
08-14-2003, 12:02 PM
If Bledsoe makes it it'll only be as a continuation of being the media's golden child.

I'll take Henry unless he gets "demoted" in favor of McG. I really think he's gonna have a killer year.

Spikes for President!!!

As stated numerous times prior, Spikes will not only end up MVP, he'll very quickly stamp this D as his own! He's gonna be to the Bills what Ray Lewis is to the Ravens, or almost inasmuch as he could be playing only OLB.

IHateTheDullphins
08-14-2003, 12:06 PM
I agree with Spikes, but on O, it will be either DB or Henry.

WG
08-14-2003, 12:10 PM
I can see Drew winning the MVP, but only for the generic "opponents" this year! Not for us!

This passing game doesn't suit his strengths or it won't be what Gilbride and GW are promising.

R. Rich
08-14-2003, 12:22 PM
Offensive MVP: Bledsoe

Defensive MVP: Bledsoe

Special Teams MVP: Bledsoe

Coach of the Year: Bledsoe

GM of the Year: Bledsoe

Wys' Best Friend: Bledsoe

Wys' idol in life: Bledsoe

Wys' most revered player ever: Bledsoe

Player Wys cannot go 2 minutes without mentioning: Bledsoe

cordog
08-14-2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
I can see Drew winning the MVP, but only for the generic "opponents" this year! Not for us!

This passing game doesn't suit his strengths or it won't be what Gilbride and GW are promising.

This year from the looks of it right now, we dont have too many generic opponents on the schedule. I can only think of Cinncy, Houston and Dallas. Dallas should have a good D, and Cinncy and Houstons Ds should be improved.

WG
08-14-2003, 01:08 PM
Don't quit your day job to become a comedian!

:D

I meant all 8 of our opponents!

R. Rich
08-14-2003, 01:32 PM
Actually, I would like to see Henry be the go-to guy this year. People like Jaworski can say what they want about points coming from the passing game, but what team in recent memory has won the championship without the ability to run the ball well? Yeah, the Rams were a pass-happy bunch when they won, but they had Faulk too, didn't they? The Pats threw the ball quite a bit too, but they threw a lot of short passes that were de facto running plays plus they had a career year from Antowain Smith. Ravens? That's about all they could do offensively was run the ball. The Broncos and Packers were teams that relied heavily on the run to set up the pass. I'm not saying I want the Bills to become a team that doesen't throw the ball well. I just want them to be a team that can not only run the ball, but run it at any time, whether it's to run out the clock to salt away a win or to set up a game tying/winning score.

LtBillsFan66
08-14-2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by R. Rich
Offensive MVP: Bledsoe

Defensive MVP: Bledsoe

Special Teams MVP: Bledsoe

Coach of the Year: Bledsoe

GM of the Year: Bledsoe

Wys' Best Friend: Bledsoe

Wys' idol in life: Bledsoe

Wys' most revered player ever: Bledsoe

Player Wys cannot go 2 minutes without mentioning: Bledsoe