X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bilstrip
    • May 2003

Is Takeo's injury a groin?

I've originally heard that it was a hammy, and now at TBD Board someone said it's a groin injury. I apologize for not having a link. If anyone has heard anything it's much appreciated
  • Wys Guy
    Drew and Sam stole all my hair
    • Jul 2002

IDK.

But I think his pet's a dog.
    Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
      Drew and Sam stole all my hair
      • Jul 2002

Yes, I believe it was a groin.
      Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

Almost all reports I've heard call it a "tweaked" groin.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• ryjam282
          Offical Billszone Starting QB
          • Mar 2003

Those are the reports I have read also. Just a "tweak" but I guess enough of a tweak to keep him out of the game this weekend...Damn that sucks...

Ryan

Ryan Withey
          Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• eyedog
            • Jul 2002

This weekends game means nothing. If his groin is bothering him then the right move is to sit him.

Comment

• LABillsFan
              • Aug 2002

I heard him on the radio yesterday. He said it wasn't serious and that he expected to play on Sat.
              I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                Give me a minute...
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                I've heard call it a "tweaked" groin.
                that just doesn't sound like something that happens when playing football.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• ryven
                  • Jan 2003

If he plays I think he will be fine.

Comment

• R. Rich
                    • Apr 2003

Why take the chance? With the money they paid him, they'll take the precaution of keeping him out of a meaningless preseason game (in essence, to him it is meaningless; he's not going to lose his job!) to ensure that he's healthy when the ones that count begin.

Comment

• HAMMER
                      I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                      • Jul 2003

Can't play a franchise LB when his groin is tweaked. As many of you probably know a tweaked groin isn't much fun. Can get worse in a hurry, I tweaked mine (never had it looked at) slipping in my restaurant and it wasn't the same for 6 months. Maybe it was a slight tear but the bottom line is it is a tough injury. Rodney Harrison had problems with his last year and never returned to form. Don't mean to sound negative but it is absolutley worth resting as long as necessary (or until opening day, lol).

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                        Sab and TD are insignificant
                        • Sep 2002

In a way, I want to see him play this weekend (since I get to watch the game this week - and don't have to watch all kinds of Sportscenter crap to see the highlights) - but more then that I do hope they sit him to let it heal up completely.
                        www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• Travis Hunter
                          • Jul 2002

You can keep him out till game one for all I care. Preseason means nothing to your stud defensive player.
                          Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• TigerJ
                            • Jul 2002

Billsdaily.com has an article suggesting he won't play. Don't know if they have any sources with any reliabiliity. Here's the link and the quote.

"The starters will play a quarter and a half with only Takeo Spikes expected to sit out with a strained groin muscle."

He tweaked it, strained it, or whatever when he lost his footing on wet grass.
                            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• RUDEbyallMEANS
                              • Jun 2003

Tweaked groins are a pain in the ass!!!!
                              My senior year, I had a tweaked groin as well and it bothers you every single play.. It doesnt bother as you are in the motion of running or when you excellerate, but its annoying as hell when you slow your self down.. It's not serious, he'll be able to play every down this season but I know what he feels.. tweaked groins are annoying more than hurting..

Boston puts Woodson face first. "What else is new???"

>>>>>>>>>> Troy Vincents Worst Nightmare <<<<<<<<<<<

"Who's The BIATCH NOW"!!!!!!!??????

Comment

Working...
                              X