PDA

View Full Version : Is Takeo's injury a groin?

bilstrip
08-14-2003, 06:15 PM
I've originally heard that it was a hammy, and now at TBD Board someone said it's a groin injury. I apologize for not having a link. If anyone has heard anything it's much appreciated

WG
08-14-2003, 06:18 PM
IDK.

But I think his pet's a dog.

WG
08-14-2003, 06:20 PM
Yes, I believe it was a groin.

Jan Reimers
08-15-2003, 07:18 AM
Almost all reports I've heard call it a "tweaked" groin.

ryjam282
08-15-2003, 07:32 AM
Those are the reports I have read also. Just a "tweak" but I guess enough of a tweak to keep him out of the game this weekend...Damn that sucks...

Ryan

eyedog
08-15-2003, 07:34 AM
This weekends game means nothing. If his groin is bothering him then the right move is to sit him.

LABillsFan
08-15-2003, 08:43 AM
I heard him on the radio yesterday. He said it wasn't serious and that he expected to play on Sat.

Ebenezer
08-15-2003, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
I've heard call it a "tweaked" groin.

that just doesn't sound like something that happens when playing football.

ryven
08-15-2003, 08:55 AM
If he plays I think he will be fine.

R. Rich
08-15-2003, 09:38 AM
Why take the chance? With the money they paid him, they'll take the precaution of keeping him out of a meaningless preseason game (in essence, to him it is meaningless; he's not going to lose his job!) to ensure that he's healthy when the ones that count begin.

HAMMER
08-15-2003, 07:11 PM
Can't play a franchise LB when his groin is tweaked. As many of you probably know a tweaked groin isn't much fun. Can get worse in a hurry, I tweaked mine (never had it looked at) slipping in my restaurant and it wasn't the same for 6 months. Maybe it was a slight tear but the bottom line is it is a tough injury. Rodney Harrison had problems with his last year and never returned to form. Don't mean to sound negative but it is absolutley worth resting as long as necessary (or until opening day, lol).

ublinkwescore
08-15-2003, 08:02 PM
In a way, I want to see him play this weekend (since I get to watch the game this week - and don't have to watch all kinds of Sportscenter crap to see the highlights) - but more then that I do hope they sit him to let it heal up completely.

Turf
08-15-2003, 09:09 PM
You can keep him out till game one for all I care. Preseason means nothing to your stud defensive player.

TigerJ
08-15-2003, 11:46 PM
Billsdaily.com has an article suggesting he won't play. Don't know if they have any sources with any reliabiliity. Here's the link and the quote.

http://www.billsdaily.com/news/

"The starters will play a quarter and a half with only Takeo Spikes expected to sit out with a strained groin muscle."

He tweaked it, strained it, or whatever when he lost his footing on wet grass.

RUDEbyallMEANS
08-16-2003, 04:36 PM
Tweaked groins are a pain in the ass!!!!
My senior year, I had a tweaked groin as well and it bothers you every single play.. It doesnt bother as you are in the motion of running or when you excellerate, but its annoying as hell when you slow your self down.. It's not serious, he'll be able to play every down this season but I know what he feels.. tweaked groins are annoying more than hurting..

TypicalBill
08-16-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
Tweaked groins are a pain in the ass!!!!
My senior year, I had a tweaked groin as well and it bothers you every single play.. It doesnt bother as you are in the motion of running or when you excellerate, but its annoying as hell when you slow your self down.. It's not serious, he'll be able to play every down this season but I know what he feels.. tweaked groins are annoying more than hurting..

Thanks for the detailed explanation :up: ... we really wanted to know all that.