PDA

View Full Version : WR Dilemma

Buckets
08-15-2003, 11:13 AM
Just finished reading another story about how good Clarence Coleman is doing in camp. It brings up the question of who we are going to keep. You almost wonder if Johnson ,Wright or Rone will be here at the start of the season. Jett and Brown have the wheels, Shaw is listed at #3, and Aiken was drafted in the 4th round; I don't think he will be cut.

Who and how many are going to stay

:squish:

casdhf
08-15-2003, 11:29 AM
Didn't TD draft Charles Johnson in Pittsburgh?

ryven
08-15-2003, 11:32 AM
I believe he did, but coleman is having a great TC .

DraftBoy
08-15-2003, 11:34 AM
We have already discussed this once, and here are my thoughts:
1. Moulds
2. Reed
3. Aiken
4. Coleman
5. Rone
ST. Brown

Its a very young and a very fast wr corp, and I like that b/c it gives us the ability to spread the field and be very dangerous.

WG
08-15-2003, 11:37 AM
Johnson caught like what, 3 passes last season!

I think we'd be just fine w/o him. In fact, IMO, if he stays it's only b/c of TD!

Jett, no one's seen him run. I know Drew says he likes him based on his speed, but until he shows that he still has it, why keep him? Go with youth and equal or better speed!

ryven
08-15-2003, 11:39 AM
I dont know I think if I was to pick the recievers it would be:

1.Moulds
2.Reed
3.coleman
4.shaw
5.Aiken
ST.Brown

The only reason Shaw and Aiken are not higher is for the fact that I have not much about there performence since mini camp.

MDFINFAN
08-15-2003, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Winfield_26
1. Moulds
2. Reed
3. Aiken
4. Coleman
5. Rone
ST. Brown

Its a very young and a very fast wr corp, and I like that b/c it gives us the ability to spread the field and be very dangerous.

Only problem with too much youth is you find they get played during regular season, look good against Vanilla D's in PS. Get's confused during regular season when D's game plan and show different looks, and push them around. Believe me, we learned the hard way last year. If you have 3 good Vets, then you can experiment with the youth.

Buckets
08-15-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Winfield_26
1. Moulds
2. Reed
3. Aiken
4. Coleman
5. Rone
ST. Brown

Why Aiken ahead of Coleman. Have you heard of him doing anything spectacular?

WG
08-15-2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN

Only problem with too much youth is you find they get played during regular season, look good against Vanilla D's in PS. Get's confused during regular season when D's game plan and show different looks, and push them around. Believe me, we learned the hard way last year. If you have 3 good Vets, then you can experiment with the youth.

Fine. But WTH has Johnson every done to give anyone the impression that he'd be anything other than the other "dime-a-dozen" WRs currently available on FAcy?

He was a total bust coming out of Colorado along w/ two teammates. He's never been anything other than a journeyman WR on a good season. His best season was while he was the #1 man but could only put up barely over 1,000 yards and only 3 TDs!

Cut him now please!

ryven
08-15-2003, 11:50 AM
moulds is a vet and you have to remember although Reed is only in his second year but he is mature enough this was coming from bledsoe last year when he was a rookie. So if you think about it out of the first three coleman would be the only ? and and he is have a great TC . out of the last three shaw has been in the league for abit now. Aiken is a rookie and again he could be better but haven't heard much hense 5th WR. Brown ST he is fast and when needed can come in and stretch the field.

Buffatexas
08-15-2003, 01:53 PM
I would keep Jett around for veteran presence...He does get some respect from corners in the league because of his speed.

ryven
08-15-2003, 02:07 PM
I agree but does he have any better hands than brown and there equally fast I think. IMO the only thing is his veteran presence and brown has yet to prove himself in the nfl, it might give more of an edge but then again the way it looks he will be deep in the WR core anyway so how much time will he see.

SamAdamsFan
08-15-2003, 02:18 PM
I think Jett has great speed still, and may prove to be an asset on the team. However I think he probably won't make the roster either, the only reason being that even though he can get open deep a lot, he drops the ball way too much, even when it hits him in the numbers.

Buffatexas
08-15-2003, 05:18 PM
I think we need to round out the recieving corps kind of like the way we had our #1 in Andre Reed, Vet Leadership in Lofton, A burner in Beebe....Maybe we can get there again with Moulds, Josh and Brown/Jett/Shaw/Johnson/Aiken

cordog
08-15-2003, 05:53 PM
1. Moulds
2. Reed
3. Shaw
4. Coleman
5. Johnson
ST. Brown
PS. Aiken

BADTHINGSMAN
08-15-2003, 09:45 PM
Moulds
Reed
Jett
Shaw
Coleman
ST-Johnson
PS- Aiken

Shaw will most likely be KR/PR need some speed at #3 and thats Jett, Coleman at #5 because he has had a great TC but thats TC its nothing compared to the game..

TigerJ
08-15-2003, 11:33 PM
There was a report on Empire Sports, today I think since the power was out yesterday, that Jett was getting frustrated at his lack of reps. It's looking to me like the Bills picked him up for insurance and now think they don't need it. He's got a reputation for not having the greatest hands. Although Shaw hasn't been real visible and has (maybe) dropped a bit in the depth chart to give the youngsters a chance to play, I think he's likely to be on the 53 man roster and have opportunity to be on the field. Given his veteran status, along with Moulds, and Josh Reed's apparent maturity despite being a second year player, just maybe the Bills will be willing to go with youth in the other two WR slots. I sure wouldn't mind Charles Johnson being cut. He's never impressed me as having much ability to separate from a defender, not much speed, not much ability in RAC. All he's got is the distinction of having been drafted by TD.

Like everyone else I've been impressed by Coleman who is strong, quick, seems to run good routes and hangs on to the ball. The Bills have to see that he's more ready to play in the NFL than Aiken at this point. I'd love to see Brown returning punts on Sundays this fall for the Bills, but he's got to keep on impressing to get that chance. I don't see the Bills keeping 6 WRs on the active roster.