View Full Version : JESTS lose again!

jaja54
08-15-2003, 01:23 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=fanball-jetsnuttenretires&prov=fanball&type=lgns

Nutte retires... leaves NYJ's OL very thin. Brent Smith (hasn't played in two years with injuries) is starter.

:jetsuck:

MDFINFAN
08-15-2003, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by jaja54
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=fanball-jetsnuttenretires&prov=fanball&type=lgns

Nutte retires... leaves NYJ's OL very thin. Brent Smith (hasn't played in two years with injuries) is starter.

:jetsuck:

Actually if Brent is healthy, he's not a bad OT, Miami just got tired of the injuries.

ryven
08-15-2003, 02:09 PM
Whats happening to them this year.

SamAdamsFan
08-15-2003, 02:16 PM
They've had a nightmarish offseason! I live in the NYC area, and almost everyone I know is a Jets fan, they are all really bummed out about the losses. Also, they seem to respect Buffalo's chances for once this year. I like being more of an underdog, but it's good to see all the national media giving our team so much respect and always talking up Spikes.

lordofgun
08-15-2003, 03:09 PM
I'd rather come in under the radar, but it's not easy to do when you have Bledsoe, Henry, McGahee, Moulds, Spikes, etc.

WG
08-15-2003, 03:26 PM
Or Denney!

:D

casdhf
08-15-2003, 07:30 PM
The Jets lost a backup guard? I hope they're as deeply troubled about this as I am. :cas:

ublinkwescore
08-15-2003, 08:05 PM
I love your avatar man

RUDEbyallMEANS
08-16-2003, 04:39 PM
Every team in AFC East are thin at O-line it seems.. Who will get lucky and not suffer any is the question..

Dozerdog
08-16-2003, 05:02 PM
How are the Bills "thin"?

They have stability, a perrenial pro bowler, a future pro bowler in big mike williams, no injuries or history of injuries, and everyone is signed for beyond this season.

The_Philster
08-16-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
How are the Bills "thin"?

They have stability, a perrenial pro bowler, a future pro bowler in big mike williams, no injuries or history of injuries, and everyone is signed for beyond this season.

The only depth we have that is proven at all is OT Marcus Price. We have all rookies (basically) backing up at G and C. As soon as we get the thought that we won't get injuries, we'll get them.

Schobel94
08-16-2003, 05:21 PM
Mike Pucillo looks good, and if he ends up being really good and becomes the starter, we will have very good depth with Sullivan at G and T (he used to be a tackle and is built more like a tackle). Even if he doesnt start, he is good depth.

The_Philster
08-16-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Schobel94
Mike Pucillo looks good, and if he ends up being really good and becomes the starter, we will have very good depth with Sullivan at G. Even if he doesnt start, he is good depth.

I want to see him in regular game action against top talent before I'm sold. If he does supplant Sullivan as the starter, that will earn him some decent marks only because Sullivan, while the weak link in the OL last year, was better than expected.