PDA

View Full Version : Tom Jackson is a MORON

ublinkwescore
09-17-2002, 01:55 PM
He's got Carolina ranked as his number 8 team, and Buffalo not on the top 10.

In a way, this could be a blessing - no one will see us coming until after we've ran their team over.

northernbillfan
09-17-2002, 01:59 PM
He's holding out on ranking Buffalo higher. He wants to see what we will do to his beloved Broncos.

NoCtUrNaL
09-17-2002, 02:00 PM
This was mentioned earlier (http://www.billsfanzone.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2485). :D

eyedog
09-17-2002, 02:57 PM
well i didn't see it earlier. either way i find it hard to believe that he would rank carolina 8th. they beat baltimore and detroit. they won't have six wins between them and cariolina won't have many more than they do right now. he actually thinks that carolina is better than 22 other teams in this league. unreal.

Earthquake Enyart
09-17-2002, 03:00 PM
He has to build his fanbase or he will get pushed off the pregame show. That show is too crowded.

casdhf
09-17-2002, 03:00 PM
we've played 10 Quarters in 2 weeks? He is an idiot. It's been about 9 quarters and 24 seconds

JayWood
09-17-2002, 05:24 PM
If my memory serves me right, there was a team last year that no one gave any credit to, even as they worked their way through the playoffs, and eventualy to the super bowl. Then in what many would call an amazing fashion beat the favorite to winm the world championship. No one gave the Patriots credit, and no one took them seriously. Iam not saying that we will go as far this season as the Pats did, but hell you never know. If people want to take us for granted, over look us, and not take us seriously then so be it. We will be the ones laughing last. Ready or not here we come!!

Halbert
09-17-2002, 08:19 PM
Wow, that does sound crazy.

What does he base that on? Let's see, who do they have on that team ...

QB Pete - OK, he's a vet but c'mon.
RB Smith/Foster - Another solid but unspectacular vet in Smith. Foster is untested
WR Muhammed/Smith - I like Muhsin if he can stay healthy, but Smith?
TE Walls - cagey vet with bad knees
OL - I don't know most of those guys
D - Pretty much no-names except for Peppers and he's a rook.

I don't know. That's either a tremendously knowledgable and gutsy call or is a pathetic over-simplification based on record.

Halbert
09-17-2002, 08:20 PM
BTW - I wouldn't put the Bills in the top 10 and certainly would't put Carolina there. But maybe he knows something (else) I don't.

eyedog
09-18-2002, 07:57 AM
he doesn't know anything you don't. carolina will be lucky to win 6 games.

Earthquake Enyart
09-18-2002, 08:05 AM
Could you start off any easier than Baltimore, Detroit?
Carolina might have all the wins they are going to get, unless they play the Texans.

TigerJ
09-18-2002, 08:46 AM
I think there are 8 teams that are 2-0. Carolina is one of them. I don't think they're anywhere near the eighth best team in the NFL, but maybe that's what he's basing it on.

As for the Bills, I think there are a bunch of teams at 1-1. Buffalo has shown it has an explosive offence, but for whatever reason (special teams errors, penalties etc.) they haven't proven they can stop the other team from scoring. Until they do, don't expect a ton of national recognition.

itsandthings
09-18-2002, 08:36 PM
I agree Carolina probably shouldn't be top-10, but...

The Carolina front 7 is very good on defense. Julius Peppers, Mike Rucker, Brentson Buckner, Kris Jenkins, Dan Morgan, Hannibal Navies, Mark Fields. That is among the better front seven combos in the league. Really. Peppers, Ruckers and Morgan are all big-time players.

The Carolina OL is pretty good, and they have some semblance of a decent running game. Todd Stuessie, Chris Terry, Kevin Donnalley and Jeff Mitchell are all solid proven veteran OL. When they get DeShaun Foster back from injury they will be running the ball even better.

Finally, Carolina plays one of the weakest schedules out there. If you play defense, run the ball and have a favorable schedule you are in every game, even if Rodney Peete is your QB.

Sabre Ally
09-19-2002, 12:06 AM
Mike Rucker? I really need to start checking out other teams' rosters......he was one of my favourite Huskers.

WCoastFin
09-19-2002, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by ublinkwescore
He's got Carolina ranked as his number 8 team, and Buffalo not on the top 10.

In a way, this could be a blessing - no one will see us coming until after we've ran their team over.

the panthers are 2-0...the record says alot sometimes.