PDA

View Full Version : Where are you going to watch game?

G. Host
08-16-2003, 05:54 PM
I know it is on TV on ESPN but I tempted to watch it with other fans rather than at home. For some reason it just does not feel like a real game when you are alone.

Normally I'd attribute feeling to preseason game but I had the same feeling when travelling and watching from hotel.

I have been tempted to go to my Bills bar but road work is being done tonight. I thought about going to ESPN Zone in DC but I'd be going alone, never been there and not very good in social situations where I know nobody.

Has anybody been to DC ESPN Zone?
ESPN Zone - Washington, D.C.
555 12th Street N.W.
Corner of 11th and E Street
Washington, DC 20004

Do they do anything special for ESPN games? I thinking forward to Miami game.

Where are you watching game tonight?

lordofgun
08-16-2003, 05:58 PM
Home. My bros are coming over. :D

Turf
08-16-2003, 06:01 PM
Living room. 61" TV. Beer. Klipsch Speakers. Recliner. Popcorn.

G. Host
08-16-2003, 06:05 PM
Don't fumble that popcorn. Even Travis would not fumble beer.

The_Philster
08-16-2003, 06:07 PM
Home in front of the TV and the computer
Originally posted by G. Host
Has anybody been to DC ESPN Zone?

No...but I finally got to see the one in Baltimore last weekend when I was down...nice set-up. :up:

Dozerdog
08-16-2003, 06:14 PM
Normally Ii would watch from the living room- see Travis Hunter above.

But since it is preseason, I'm going to test my new computer monitor I brought home- It comes with built in TV with PIP...:D

Going to have the NFL stats runnin g above the picture

Plus the wife won't let me in the LR:sadwalk:

Bufftp
08-16-2003, 06:20 PM
been a bad boy dozer, or is it some movie marathon on lifetime?

The_Philster
08-16-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Bufftp
been a bad boy dozer, or is it some movie marathon on lifetime?

I'd guess the former. ;)

Cntrygal
08-16-2003, 06:31 PM
Well... I'm hoping that the landlord gets here before game time to program the tv (I can't read korean)... otherwise, I'll be watching what I can on the laptop... probably just the nfl playbyplay...

G. Host
08-16-2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Cntrygal
Well... I'm hoping that the landlord gets here before game time to program the tv (I can't read korean)... otherwise, I'll be watching what I can on the laptop... probably just the nfl playbyplay...

I can read Korean but just menus. It freaked out waitresses who refushed to chat around me any more.

Maybe you can get him to write instructions down and scan it in. Can find someone to translate it.

northernbillfan
08-16-2003, 06:41 PM
I'lll be watching it with my son. I usually go to my local sports bar for EVERY game, but I make a point of watch a preseason game with my son.

The pizza has been ordered, the beer is on ice, and the wings are cooking right now.

It may only be a preseason game, but it a return to Memphis, the first since the miracle, so I'm trying to make it as important as I can for my son, whos only 7 and wearing his #11 Bledsoe jersey. Me, I have my Moulds jersey on.

The_Philster
08-16-2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by northernbillfan
I'lll be watching it with my son. I usually go to my local sports bar for EVERY game, but I make a point of watch a preseason game with my son.

The pizza has been ordered, the beer is on ice, and the wings are cooking right now.

I already had my chicken breasts smothered in Wys sauce :hungry: Just gotta sit back with a :beer: or 20 :D

Originally posted by northernbillfan
I'lll be watching it with my son. I usually go to my local sports bar for EVERY game, but I make a point of watch a preseason game with my son.It may only be a preseason game, but it a return to Memphis, the first since the miracle, so I'm trying to make it as important as I can for my son, whos only 7 and wearing his #11 Bledsoe jersey. Me, I have my Moulds jersey on.

Bringing him up right. :up: He should be big on football when he gets older. It took me a while since my father wasn't into sports at all.

BillsFever
08-16-2003, 06:55 PM
My couch!

Billz_fan
08-16-2003, 06:58 PM
Home, I already got the beer going :D

shelby
08-16-2003, 07:01 PM
couch, diet Pepsi, Bills blanket:D

The_Philster
08-16-2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by shelby
couch, diet Pepsi, Bills blanket:D

blanket? It's too hot for blankets in WNY...it's gotta be worse in Tampa ;)

shelby
08-16-2003, 07:19 PM
when you have a 102 temp, you want a blanket.

The_Philster
08-16-2003, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by shelby
when you have a 102 temp, you want a blanket.

:eek: That bad, huh? :(
:pet: Hope you get over this soon.