PDA

View Full Version : Official Gilbride Sucks Thread!

Pride
08-16-2003, 07:34 PM
Pass pass pass... all day long... pass pass pass... while I sing this song....

Gonna take a Pro Bowl Running Back... gonna make him block.... gonna..... yadda yadda yadda...

Pride
:madhop:
Gilbride

Novacane
08-16-2003, 07:49 PM
You can't teach an old dog new tricks

shelby
08-16-2003, 08:15 PM
Meanwhile, Henry has a 62 yard run.
:cynic:

Turf
08-16-2003, 08:29 PM
Yeah I'm with your Pride. It's preseason, and already abandoned the run.

Pride
08-16-2003, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by shelby
Meanwhile, Henry has a 62 yard run.
:cynic:

Say what you want... KG would rather pass the ball than run... plain and simple.

KG panics at a 2nd down and 6... sorry... that is when you run for 3 yards... to set up a 3rd and 1... then go for the big play... or run it up the middle to keep the drive alive.

Turf
08-16-2003, 08:32 PM
Even on 2nd and 9, it's OK to run.

mybills
08-16-2003, 09:42 PM
I have to agree, Pride. He's a dog...he likes to chase tires & frisbees I guess...:idunno:

DraftBoy
08-16-2003, 09:47 PM
I think hes doing a good job in this game, by the way that he knows he needs to #1 develop a chemistry with his new #2 Josh Reed. Secondly we have no order after that. We know Travis Henry is our #1, why try and tire him out already this early. We need to get alot of work into our WR, so that way Bledsoe has some idea of what the hell his 3rd and 4th options are gonna do. Its stupid to criticize a OC based on a preseason game.

mybills
08-16-2003, 09:54 PM
Either way, somebody's got to be the one to remove Bledsoe's horse blinders.

:dizzy:

DraftBoy
08-16-2003, 10:32 PM
Horse blinders? I think you need to remeber that this is preseason and does not count.

bernielivsey_1
08-16-2003, 10:44 PM
If were going to be a running team we have to practice running. I want 1 pass for every 2 runs. we need to get run blocking down or were dun.

mybills
08-17-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Winfield_26
Horse blinders? I think you need to remeber that this is preseason and does not count.

I disagree. He has tunnel vision. If he's doing it now, what makes you think he won't do it in reg season?

WG
08-17-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Pride
Pass pass pass... all day long... pass pass pass... while I sing this song....

Gonna take a Pro Bowl Running Back... gonna make him block.... gonna..... yadda yadda yadda...

Pride
:madhop:
Gilbride

:deadhorse:

Tell us something new...

The BIG question is why was he promoted after last season???

Again, one of my big questions for TD!

WG
08-17-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by mybills
Either way, somebody's got to be the one to remove Bledsoe's horse blinders.

:dizzy:

He's only good when he's got a long field and plenty of time.

He's not good when he has to go past his first two options, when he's rushed, when the field is tight, or when there's too much going on.

This isn't new, it's just something that poeople won't admit.

mybills
08-17-2003, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

This isn't new, it's just something that poeople won't admit.

what do you suppose it will take for them to finally admit it? :scratch: lol.

ArcticWildMan
08-17-2003, 02:06 PM
I'll reserve judgement until week 1.

We basically gutted our receiving corps and they have to see what plays/packages work now that we have to start from scratch. I expect a lot more pass plays until Josh Reed shows he can step it up as a #2 rcvr and we figure out who our #3 thru #5 are.

We already know that our running game is solid. Nothing has changed there.

:calm:

shelby
08-17-2003, 02:31 PM
Could y'all see wys alone in a room with TD for 10 minutes?

:couch:

WG
08-17-2003, 02:40 PM
Can you make it Gilbride instead please....

WG
08-17-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by mybills

what do you suppose it will take for them to finally admit it? :scratch: lol.

It'll happen this season, mark my words. Drew's gonna have to play perfectly this year as it now stands for us to make the POs. That won't happen, but unlike last year, the perceptions are gonna rule even though they'll hurt him this year.

Adams blows, but it'll be perceived that he's actually good like in the Titans game. So no longer will losses be the D's fault. Our STs seems better too. So the hammer's gonna start falling on an O that put up only 18.5 PPG last season over the last 10 or so.

He won't skate. At some point even the most ardent supporters will have no choice but to admit that Drew's not all he's cracked up to be.