PDA

View Full Version : No pass rush

LtBillsFan66
08-16-2003, 07:49 PM
= no playoffs.

Pathetic.

I don't care if it's preseason. There should be some sign of a passrush!

LtBillsFan66
08-16-2003, 07:51 PM
***** pathetic!

Novacane
08-16-2003, 07:52 PM
defense looks like crap....no pass rush....no run D.................

Novacane
08-16-2003, 07:53 PM
................but it's Drews fault!

The_Philster
08-16-2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
................but it's Drews fault!

:lol:

Novacane
08-16-2003, 07:57 PM
just like it is drews fault Moulds just dropped that perfect pass

cordog
08-16-2003, 07:58 PM
The D is about as vanilla as you can get. No blitzing just rushing the front 4

Novacane
08-16-2003, 08:00 PM
That's the problem dog. If you have to blitz to get pressure it is not good. Front 4 needs to do something

The_Philster
08-16-2003, 08:02 PM
I remember when it seemed we were getting a decent pass rush with 3 down lineman and one rush backer. :sadwalk:

LtBillsFan66
08-16-2003, 08:16 PM
The Bills pass rush makes me want to puke.

The_Philster
08-16-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by billsfanone
The Bills pass rush makes me want to :puke:.

baalworship
08-16-2003, 08:48 PM
The whole teams looks so bad that it's hard to pick out anything. But I am worried about

1. No discipline and a penalty a minute

2. No Pass Rush, around the ends OR up the gut

3.Offense looks like they picked up where they left off last year. Chuck, Duck, Drop Passes, Bledsoe getting drilled every other play...

Terribly depressed watching this.

The_Philster
08-16-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by baalworship

We haven't had a strong pass rush since we had Marcellus Wiley :sadwalk:

ArcticWildMan
08-16-2003, 09:03 PM
Relax guys. The Titans offensive line is very good. They only allowed 21 sacks last year.

We aren't stunting, blitzing, shifting or anything. Unless you have two pro-bowl DE's like the Titans have, we aren't going to have a lot of pressure from our line in a straight up battle.

We will be fine once we start playing in our game formations. Relax.

The_Philster
08-16-2003, 09:05 PM
I think we also have to consider that we play the Titans in the regular season so we have to show less than normal

LtBillsFan66
08-16-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
Relax guys. The Titans offensive line is very good. They only allowed 21 sacks last year.

We aren't stunting, blitzing, shifting or anything. Unless you have two pro-bowl DE's like the Titans have, we aren't going to have a lot of pressure from our line in a straight up battle.

We will be fine once we start playing in our game formations. Relax.

I agree somewhat. But the purpose of PS is not to go out and look like total crap - which they are.

The Titans look good. We look like crap. We are going to have to beat teams better than the Titans if we hope to make the playoffs.

ArcticWildMan
08-16-2003, 09:19 PM
But I will admit that our Offense looks like ****. :(

LtBillsFan66
08-16-2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
But I will admit that our Offense looks like ****. :(

Yup.

Turf
08-16-2003, 09:20 PM
DE is our weakest spot.

LtBillsFan66
08-16-2003, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Travis Hunter
DE is our weakest spot.

By far. They were eaten alive tonight.

Bert102176
08-16-2003, 09:59 PM
that's cause we got Adams instead of Thornton or one of the other very good DT's that were out there

Bert102176
08-16-2003, 10:00 PM
heck I think it was Dan Wilkenson that was cut cause of salary cap is he available still?

cordog
08-16-2003, 11:06 PM
Dont get too upset about this. By no means am i happy with what happened tonight, but dont get to worried. The defense showed no personality. It was rush 4, drop back in coverage. Very very very vanilla. Did the bills look good? Hell no. What pisses me off the most is the mental mistakes. 14 penalties? ridiculous.

MDFINFAN
08-16-2003, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Bert102176
heck I think it was Dan Wilkenson that was cut cause of salary cap is he available still?

Nope, I think Seattle picked him up. Adams is doing what he always do..But I wouldn't worry about this game, if you look like this next week, then there may be something to worry about. Next week is the game that's planned for and the 1st team plays into the 3rd quarter. Then you're know where you're at, depending on who you play..Hopefully it's a pretty good team to measure yourselfs by.

clumping platelets
08-16-2003, 11:17 PM
"Big Daddy" is a DT and won't help this team all that much.

Titans blitzed, WE DIDN'T!! We sent only the DL after McNair early, no stunts, etc.....Once the season starts, I expect LBs and safeties being sent on blitzes to help put pressure on the QB

jaja54
08-16-2003, 11:19 PM
What makes you guys think that your pass rush from your front 4 would be better this year? Sam Adams is NOT known for his pash rushing skills. He's a run stuffer. A guy that's hard to move out of the way. Thus front 4 remain the same. You picked up two very good LB's. That pass rush will come from them through blitzes. You'll be fine.

MDFINFAN
08-16-2003, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by clumping platelets
"Big Daddy" is a DT and won't help this team all that much.

Titans blitzed, WE DIDN'T!! We sent only the DL after McNair early, no stunts, etc.....Once the season starts, I expect LBs and safeties being sent on blitzes to help put pressure on the QB

Clump are you saying that your OL and Backs don't practice against blitz's and stunts?

The different is McNair, his ability to escape and make plays, that's what kept a number of drives going for them tonight. Drew can't do that. You guys did a few blitzes, not much and again the difference was McNair.

The_Philster
08-16-2003, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by jaja54
What makes you guys think that your pass rush from your front 4 would be better this year? Sam Adams is NOT known for his pash rushing skills. He's a run stuffer. A guy that's hard to move out of the way. Thus front 4 remain the same. You

The big difference is the fact that he will tie up two blockers on a pretty consistent basis...something Ron Edwards, our starter last year, did not do. That should help free up Pat Williams to penetrate up the middle as well as keep blockers off our backers.

jaja54
08-16-2003, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
The big difference is the fact that he will tie up two blockers on a pretty consistent basis...something Ron Edwards, our starter last year, did not do. That should help free up Pat Williams to penetrate up the middle as well as keep blockers off our backers.

I agree with you. He takes double teams on running plays. On pass plays one lineman can handle SAM. Even if Sam did take up two linemen on a pass play, that doesn't automatically give you a pass rush from your DEs if they can be handles one on one. You just saw McNair run around your DE's when there was pressure and make completions.

Drewpac
08-17-2003, 02:26 AM
Sam looked terrible again tonight. He was getting driven back on every snap. I think this signing was a bust.

Halbert
08-17-2003, 06:08 AM
Reminder: Preseason results are meaningless.

Earthquake Enyart
08-17-2003, 06:56 AM
GW took it easy on his buddy Jeff Fisher so he will have a job next year.

shelby
08-17-2003, 07:05 AM
We were beyond vanilla last night. We were mediocre, with a horrendous lack of self control that resulted in penalties. i know preseason means nothing, but watching such sloppy play makes me :grind:!

Jan Reimers
08-17-2003, 07:55 AM
I think the first two preseason games have confirmed what we already knew: That we do not have Jevon Kearse- or Michael Strahon-like talent at defensive end. We will need LeBeau's blitz packages, which we haven't shown yet, to have defensive success. I would, however, prefer to see some natural ability at DE. Schemes can only take you so far.

casdhf
08-17-2003, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by jaja54
What makes you guys think that your pass rush from your front 4 would be better this year? Sam Adams is NOT known for his pash rushing skills. He's a run stuffer. A guy that's hard to move out of the way. Thus front 4 remain the same. You picked up two very good LB's. That pass rush will come from them through blitzes. You'll be fine.

It's funny because the fin fan gets it and all the Bills fans are jumping ship :D

shelby
08-17-2003, 08:17 AM
i am not jumping ship....i am just expressing my displeasure with the sloppy play i watched last night.
:D

Buckets
08-17-2003, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by baalworship
The whole teams looks so bad that it's hard to pick out anything. But I am worried about

1. No discipline and a penalty a minute

3.Offense looks like they picked up where they left off last year. Chuck, Duck, Drop Passes, Bledsoe getting drilled every other play...

Terribly depressed watching this.

What the hell is going on? No D, no O no leadership! This was pathetic it was painful to watch.

XNOUGHT
08-17-2003, 09:02 AM
I thought it was fun to watch.

Steve McNair that is. He does things that no other QB could hope for. He is a true MVP.

About the Titans OL.....they are average, and they are only decent run blockers, look at YPC last year. Only reasons sacks were so low was because of McNair. A good example was Brady had only 30 sacks last year. That not saying the NE line is any good.

Billsouth
08-17-2003, 11:01 AM
we should be able to apply some pressure to the quarterback from the outside. if not we are screwed