PDA

View Full Version : OKAY Calm down people

northernbillfan
08-16-2003, 08:09 PM
It's just the preseason.

I know we don't look that good tonight, but it is only the PRESEASON!

northernbillfan
08-16-2003, 08:10 PM
And it's only the first few minutes of the game.

So I reiterate....CALM DOWN

The_Philster
08-16-2003, 08:11 PM
And it's a preseason game as well...we are running vanilla plays...let's not get over excited.

Novacane
08-16-2003, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by northernbillfan
It's just the preseason.

I know we don't look that good tonight, but it is only the PRESEASON!

Yes northern but you still want to see your team look good. They don't look ready to play tonight.

The_Philster
That being said, where the :angry: is our pass rush? :madcurse:
;)

Billsouth
i understand but our past weaknesses still look weak. we ahve greater expectations this year and the question remains whether the team can meet the expectations

northernbillfan
08-16-2003, 08:14 PM
Yeah we still look weak where we thought we'd improve during the offseason, but Spikes is not playing tonight either.

Bufftp
08-16-2003, 08:16 PM
:lastyr:

Cntrygal
I would like to at least see the team show up. I know that it's preseason, and really could care less if we lost all of them. AS LONG AS we don't just let the enemy roll over us. I would like to see improvements... COMPETITION would really be nice at this point.

Bufftp
we should be able to execute the vanilla plays.

shelby
08-16-2003, 08:18 PM
we should have a :angry: pass rush.

we are football fans....we know it's only preseason, but we get excited anyway.
:grind:

:madcurse:

LtBillsFan66
RElax? They look like crap. I don't care if they win or lose, but I want them to show me something. The D looks flat. And flat is an understatement.

northernbillfan
Originally posted by Bufftp
we should be able to execute the vanilla plays.

Bufftp's catch phrase of the year.

northernbillfan
08-16-2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by billsfanone
RElax? They look like crap. I don't care if they win or lose, but I want them to show me something. The D looks flat. And flat is an understatement.

Hey I'm just trying to invoke some peace here, and some convo as well.

LtBillsFan66
08-16-2003, 08:20 PM

I gotcha. But we shouldn't pretend that all is well.

Cntrygal
08-16-2003, 08:21 PM

Now is not the time to be Mr. I love the world. :tongue:

;)

The_Philster
08-16-2003, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by billsfanone
I gotcha. But we shouldn't pretend that all is well.

I don't think anyone is...but some people are getting really bad ;)

northernbillfan
08-16-2003, 08:29 PM
Allright I've had it now.

No more mister :angry:ING NIce Guy!

The Bills look like crap tonight. So what if all of our stars are now on the sideline, or not dressed for the game. We SUCK out there tonight. Man I can't believe this crap. What does Gilbride AND Williams think they are doing out there.

:phew: that feels good.

Cntrygal
08-16-2003, 08:33 PM
Allright I've had it now.

No more mister :angry:ING NIce Guy!

The Bills look like crap tonight. So what if all of our stars are now on the sideline, or not dressed for the game. We SUCK out there tonight. Man I can't believe this crap. What does Gilbride AND Williams think they are doing out there.

:phew: that feels good.

Much better... and keep that list out. You now have the authority to add anyone necessary to it. :evil:

northernbillfan
08-16-2003, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Cntrygal
Much better... and keep that list out. You now have the authority to add anyone necessary to it. :evil:

Woo Hoo!

I am INK MAN! Defender of the LIST!

Bufftp
08-16-2003, 08:34 PM

Hey I'm just trying to invoke some peace here

Hey NBF thats my Job :priest:, you stick to beef. ;)

The_Philster
08-16-2003, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Bufftp
Hey NBF thats my Job :priest:, you stick to beef. ;)

:lol:

northernbillfan
08-16-2003, 08:51 PM
How's this for perspective, I was just discussing the first half with my wife who was out shopping, and was going over how not so good the Buills looked thus far, and my son, little nbf said, "At least they have 10 points."

Halbert
08-17-2003, 06:13 AM
Reminder: Preseason results are meaningless.

Jan Reimers
08-17-2003, 06:41 AM
At least we shouldn't be overconfident at this point.

R. Rich
08-17-2003, 07:02 AM
Be careful with using that word 'only'(as in "only the preseason"). Next thing you know, it's 'only' one game, or 'only' a couple of games in a 16 game season, or 'only' one bad play, etc. Keep saying that and it'll be 'only' another losing season. They don't need to shut these teams out and ring up 60 points in these games, but they also don't need to make so many mistakes either. The penalties and other boneheaded plays should be kept to a minimum, but our team is having a lot of problems with mistakes now (turnovers and penalties). While there's no reason to call the season over or fire the entire team, there's also no reason to bury our heads in the sand and say "all is well", because it isn't. Here is where we should look to the coaches to do whatever is needed to get these guys ready to play. These penalties and such are happening way too often; a team should NEVER have the ball for over 7 minutes and gain a grand total of TWO YARDS!!! Get it together, guys.

Historian
08-17-2003, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by R. Rich
The penalties and other boneheaded plays should be kept to a minimum, but our team is having a lot of problems with mistakes now (turnovers and penalties).

Here is where we should look to the coaches to do whatever is needed to get these guys ready to play.

They have done all they can do. Turnovers and penalties are the trademark of a Gregg Williams coached team. This has been the story since he slithered into town....what makes you think anything is going to change between now and September 7th?

Herdwatcher
08-17-2003, 09:11 AM
How's this for perspective, I was just discussing the first half with my wife who was out shopping, and was going over how not so good the Buills looked thus far, and my son, little nbf said, "At least they have 10 points."

Ahh. The innocence of a child..

Bulldog
08-17-2003, 09:42 AM
I really don't care if it's just the preseason. The Bills looked absolutely awful last night! The penalties have got to stop and the offensive line really should show up for one of these games. And once again, Gilbride wants to throw the ball all over the field just like last year. And still no pass rush to speak of. I am really starting to wonder what is going on with this team.