PDA

View Full Version : Good wake up call

Turf
08-16-2003, 09:39 PM
All is not lost. In fact nothing is, because none of this matters.
What bothers me as usual is Gilbride and the penalties.
If everything is going to fall apart, this is the time. If the coaching staff does not respond now, they will be gone by next year at the latest.
Of course I was hoping they'd all be gone this year. I hope we didn't waste another year.

LtBillsFan66
08-16-2003, 09:44 PM
Great post. As negative as I have been, I'm hoping that GW gets his butt in gear and whip this team into serious shape before week 1. From what I saw tonight, he has his work cut our for him

Halbert
08-17-2003, 06:11 AM
Reminder: Preseason results are meaningless.

Jan Reimers
08-17-2003, 06:46 AM
I expect to see a little more motivation, and many fewer penalties, next game. If I don't, I'll begin to be a little concerned.

HotRod
08-17-2003, 07:14 AM
Even though preseason doesn't matter, I am disappointed. Far too many penalties. It also didn't seem that we were balanced. (anyone have the rush/pass stats yet?)

Buckets
08-17-2003, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Halbert
Reminder: Preseason results are meaningless.

Acyually its only a game period. They're only big boys playing a kids game and making tons of money.

Where's the pride? Where's the drive ? Where's the desire? Or first stringers got their buts kicked. If you are going to approach these games with "its only preseason" why bother. They get paid to perform and they didn't.

ublinkwescore
08-17-2003, 09:58 AM
Yeah, - it was only a meaningless preseason game against a team that we have to play later on in a regular season game that means something. This team clearly didn't try - Pat Williams and Sam Adams were both attacking standing damn near straight up - if you want to get into the opponents backfield, you gotta go in low, and you've gotta keep your legs pumping as fast as possible - Pat Williams and Sam Adams (who weren't using good technique) are pros - I'm absolutely certain that they know they have to (and will) do that in regular season games. Point is - IMO we didn't want to show Tennessee anything as a means to provide us with some element of surprise when we play them this year - we don't play Baltimore this year, but you can see we were putting forth a noticable amount of effort - this game WE DIDN'T TRY. Also - remember last preseason - didn't we go winless and look like crap? we didn't look bad in the regular season (we didn't look good either, but we didn't look bad). This team will pull a full 180 come regular season.