• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

One thing to note!

We play the Titans on 12/14. We obviously didn't show much tonight on O or D. I think we played very vanilla on purpose. Of course, it didn't excuse all the penalties, but I think that may have factored into why their O was so successful against us.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

• BillsOwnAll
    My IQ Test results came back negative
    • Oct 2002

Originally posted by lordofgun
    vanilla
    im sick of that word......

Comment

• The_Philster
      • Jul 2002

I agree....we usually play pretty vanilla in the preseason but if it's an opponent we face in the regular season, we do even less to tip what we might do against them.
      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• clumping platelets

We will be neopolitan come 12/14

Comment

• lordofgun
          in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

I know it's cliche, but I think it's especially true in this case.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Travis Hunter
            • Jul 2002

You can play vanilla without taking stupid penalties.
            Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• The_Philster
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by clumping platelets
              We will be neopolitan come 12/14
              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Cntrygal
                Visually stunning but camera-shy.
                • Jul 2002

Then maybe we should've started out with the Practice Squad and worked our way up to 1st string.
                Originally posted by notacon
                The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• Judge
                  • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Travis Hunter
                  You can play vanilla without taking stupid penalties.
                  Correct- the key to preseason games is talent evaluation as well as the execution aspect and the apparent preparedness of the team. Penalties show that they're still learning.
                  Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!

Comment

• The_Philster
                    • Jul 2002

Actually, I think the NFL should refrain from scheduling teams in the preseason that play against one another in the regular season.

Comment

• lordofgun
                      in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Judge
                      Penalties show that they're still learning.
                      Or not learning.

Comment

• MDFINFAN
                        • Jun 2003

No smack intended here, but you guys sound just like what ya'll say the dolphins fans sound like when there's a bad game. Vanilla or not, the Bills did not execute very well tonight, I don't think the titians were trying to show anything either..They just basically reared back and fire the bomb. This may soften you guys up during the regular season preparing for them..Eddie George will be used a lot more in your next meeting.

Reach for the stars

Comment

• Travis Hunter
                          • Jul 2002

Aside from a fumbled KO, and 32,000 penalty yards, it could have gone either way.
                          Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• clumping platelets

But we are not acting like the "season's over" like cryami fans

Comment

• The_Philster
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
                              No smack intended here, but you guys sound just like what ya'll say the dolphins fans sound like when there's a bad game.
                              This is preseason though..not December when the Dolphins take their nosedive

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
                              Vanilla or not, the Bills did not execute very well tonight, I don't think the titians were trying to show anything either..They just basically reared back and fire the bomb. This may soften you guys up during the regular season preparing for them..Eddie George will be used a lot more in your next meeting.
                              No arguments here. Poor execution was a major concern everywhere with the Bills. And they did note that the Titans were using the preseason to showcase the big play ability of their WRs. And they already know what Eddie George can do...but they can't use him much in the preseason due to the injuries he's had the last few years...an ounce of prevention, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Comment

Working...
                              X