PDA

View Full Version : Judge orders Sapp to shell out $62K/year in child support

The_Philster
08-17-2003, 05:49 AM
CAMDEN, N.J. (AP) -- Football star Warren Sapp has been ordered to pay $62,339 in annual child support for the daughter he fathered with a New Jersey woman three years ago.

Superior Court Judge Charles Rand also ordered the all-pro defensive tackle to pay $84,924 to create a college fund for Autumn Jade Sapp, who was born Nov. 21, 2000. ...

more (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/news/2003/08/16/sapp_childsupport_ap/)

Cntrygal
08-18-2003, 04:23 AM
Support ... yes.... money towards a college fund... yes. But I think this is a ridiculous amount. If I was him, I would want receipts proving how much she spends on the kid. And yes I know that a percentage of mortgage, food, utilities, clothes etc all figure in. For that kind of money.... she can provide receipts.

honey
08-18-2003, 05:50 AM
:eek: That's an AWFULLY lot of money. Does anyone else think sometimes women get preggers by men they know have money so they don't have to work anymore? :cynic:

Cntrygal
08-25-2003, 07:40 AM
If your name is Warren Sapp - No. 99 in the Tampa Bay Bucs program - you wear a brand new Super Bowl ring, you just had a street named after you in your hometown, and you make $6.6-million a year.

You drive a black Mercedes with the plate "QBKILLR," you own a $1.54-million home, and you are one of the most feared players in the NFL, as well as one of the most animated and quotable.

This should have been an idyllic post-Super Bowl summer for Sapp. But he has been triple-teamed by trouble: the breakup of his five-year marriage; a reopening of a paternity case by a Kansas woman; and an expensive ruling in a New Jersey paternity battle, highlighted by claims that an imposter, not Sapp, took a DNA test.

more... (http://www.sptimes.com/2003/08/23/Tampabay/Seeking_shares_of_Sap.shtml)

Cntrygal
08-25-2003, 07:45 AM
On the "light" side of Sapp....

Detroit Lions don't scare Tampa Bay Bucs star Warren Sapp, but a 750-pound African lion named Poncho did the job.

Sapp posed with the 14-year-old beast for a newspaper photo.

"I can't believe I did it, but I did," Sapp told Roger Mills of the St. Petersburg Times. "I can't believe I risked my life for the Miami Herald. I'm less than 365 days from a nice payday; this is a risk I really don't have to take. . . . (I told them) if this cat growls, snarls or anything at one of these people who work with him on a day-to-day basis, the shoot is over before it ever begins."

more... (http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/20030822-9999_mz1s22gally.html)

Ebenezer
08-25-2003, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by Cntrygal
Support ... yes.... money towards a college fund... yes. But I think this is a ridiculous amount. If I was him, I would want receipts proving how much she spends on the kid. And yes I know that a percentage of mortgage, food, utilities, clothes etc all figure in. For that kind of money.... she can provide receipts.

Originally posted by honey
:eek: That's an AWFULLY lot of money. Does anyone else think sometimes women get preggers by men they know have money so they don't have to work anymore? :cynic:

women backing men on women's issues...am I in a parallel universe??

Cntrygal
08-25-2003, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by Ebenezer

How is this a "woman's" issue? It should boil down to the "child's issue".

Ebenezer
08-25-2003, 08:01 AM

then if the woman uses the 62K well the child should be well taken care of.

Halbert
08-25-2003, 05:07 PM
I read it three times and I still think I'm misreading it.

Oh wait, I just saw Spock walk by with a goatee.

Right on.

Halbert
08-25-2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by honey

Very cool. See, if we said that we'd be in deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep tapioca.

Buczilla
08-25-2003, 05:19 PM
Well, now she can buy new shoes, clothes, cars, and afford a steak dinner every night!

Oh yeah- the kid might get some clothes and food. :rolleyes:

socalfan
08-25-2003, 05:19 PM
Divorce lawyer 50K
Child Support 62K
A condom.....priceless

The_Philster
08-25-2003, 06:50 PM
then if the woman uses the 62K well the child should be well taken care of.

Like that will actually happen :rolleyes: