X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Judge orders Sapp to shell out $62K/year in child support

CAMDEN, N.J. (AP) -- Football star Warren Sapp has been ordered to pay $62,339 in annual child support for the daughter he fathered with a New Jersey woman three years ago.

Superior Court Judge Charles Rand also ordered the all-pro defensive tackle to pay $84,924 to create a college fund for Autumn Jade Sapp, who was born Nov. 21, 2000.

more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • Cntrygal
    Visually stunning but camera-shy.
    • Jul 2002

Support ... yes.... money towards a college fund... yes. But I think this is a ridiculous amount. If I was him, I would want receipts proving how much she spends on the kid. And yes I know that a percentage of mortgage, food, utilities, clothes etc all figure in. For that kind of money.... she can provide receipts.
    Originally posted by notacon
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• honey
      • Aug 2002

That's an AWFULLY lot of money. Does anyone else think sometimes women get preggers by men they know have money so they don't have to work anymore?
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIK5F4zRN0Y

Comment

• Cntrygal
        • Jul 2002

If your name is Warren Sapp - No. 99 in the Tampa Bay Bucs program - you wear a brand new Super Bowl ring, you just had a street named after you in your hometown, and you make $6.6-million a year.

You drive a black Mercedes with the plate "QBKILLR," you own a $1.54-million home, and you are one of the most feared players in the NFL, as well as one of the most animated and quotable.

This should have been an idyllic post-Super Bowl summer for Sapp. But he has been triple-teamed by trouble: the breakup of his five-year marriage; a reopening of a paternity case by a Kansas woman; and an expensive ruling in a New Jersey paternity battle, highlighted by claims that an imposter, not Sapp, took a DNA test.

more...
        The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

Comment

• Cntrygal
          • Jul 2002

On the "light" side of Sapp....

Detroit Lions don't scare Tampa Bay Bucs star Warren Sapp, but a 750-pound African lion named Poncho did the job.

Sapp posed with the 14-year-old beast for a newspaper photo.

"I can't believe I did it, but I did," Sapp told Roger Mills of the St. Petersburg Times. "I can't believe I risked my life for the Miami Herald. I'm less than 365 days from a nice payday; this is a risk I really don't have to take. . . . (I told them) if this cat growls, snarls or anything at one of these people who work with him on a day-to-day basis, the shoot is over before it ever begins."

more...

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Cntrygal
            Support ... yes.... money towards a college fund... yes. But I think this is a ridiculous amount. If I was him, I would want receipts proving how much she spends on the kid. And yes I know that a percentage of mortgage, food, utilities, clothes etc all figure in. For that kind of money.... she can provide receipts.
            Originally posted by honey
            That's an AWFULLY lot of money. Does anyone else think sometimes women get preggers by men they know have money so they don't have to work anymore?
            women backing men on women's issues...am I in a parallel universe??

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Cntrygal
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
              How is this a "woman's" issue? It should boil down to the "child's issue".

Comment

• Ebenezer
                Give me a minute...
                • Jul 2002

then if the woman uses the 62K well the child should be well taken care of.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Halbert
                  I'm Not Normal
                  • Jul 2002

I read it three times and I still think I'm misreading it.

Oh wait, I just saw Spock walk by with a goatee.

Right on.

Comment

• Halbert
                    I'm Not Normal
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by honey
                    Very cool. See, if we said that we'd be in deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep tapioca.

Comment

• Buczilla
                      • Aug 2003

Well, now she can buy new shoes, clothes, cars, and afford a steak dinner every night!

Oh yeah- the kid might get some clothes and food.

Comment

• socalfan
                        Old Fogey from Cali
                        • Feb 2003

Divorce lawyer 50K
                        Child Support 62K
                        A condom.....priceless

Comment

• The_Philster
                          • Jul 2002

then if the woman uses the 62K well the child should be well taken care of.
                          Like that will actually happen
                          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
                          X