PDA

View Full Version : All I saw was the second half.....

Earthquake Enyart
08-17-2003, 08:48 AM
And the only guy on the second string D that made a tackle was Evans. There are NO players in that backup front 7. Kelsay looked lost, all the other backup DL looked horrible, and there was not one LB who made a play. :down:

Better hope no one gets hurt on that defensive front 7.

bduff54
08-17-2003, 08:54 AM
did you fall asleep in the first half old man?

Earthquake Enyart
08-17-2003, 09:48 AM
Hey, where ya been pal?

Don't let Rick know you are here. :couch:

beta_google
08-17-2003, 10:47 AM
WTF game where you watching? Kelsay did nothing?????

He batted down a few balls, made a incredible hit on there FB, and was doing a pretty good job overall.

Dude - it is his SECOND game in the NFL.

Michael82
08-17-2003, 12:07 PM
All I saw was the second half and I gotta agree with you EE. The D backups and third stringers looked TERRIBLE!!!

BTW....I hate the ****ing RG&E company!!!! They turned my power off right after kickoff and I didnt get it back until their middle of the 3rd quarter!!!! :madcurse: :angry:

Stupid :angry:ers!!!

WG
08-17-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by beta_google
WTF game where you watching? Kelsay did nothing?????

He batted down a few balls, made a incredible hit on there FB, and was doing a pretty good job overall.

Dude - it is his SECOND game in the NFL.

He was a 2nd round pick touted as a first roudner beta!

He ought to be much better than he's shown. Unfortunately I still think he's highly overrated and doesn't have appropriate corner speed for a 2nd or 1st rounder. That can't be coached into him.

BTW, check out the first play of the Titans' drive mid-way thru the third.

First play he got totally faked out by McNair and ran to the inside of his side while McNair ran to the outside to have all the time in the world. On the second play, he went inside again as the run went outside of him.

He's too slow IMO to have been a bonafide 2nd rounder. As a first rounder I have to laugh...

WG
08-17-2003, 12:30 PM
Kelsay provided absolutely no pass rush on that 45 yard TD play! ZERO! He was tied up by a single man and didn't even show that he had even the skill to get around him. Same thing last week!

I expect a little bit more out of players whom the team had "as first rounders!"

Alluro
08-17-2003, 12:37 PM
:ser:

WG
08-17-2003, 12:54 PM
We are no better off at DE than we were last season!

Jones ain't gonna play, Kelsay doesn't look anymore like a first/second rounder than Denney did last year. Denney hasn't shown a thing this week. McKenzie hasn't gotten any pressure. Irons hasn't really played.

Posey, when lining up at DE plays the best. IMO we should turn him into a DE and find another LB!

Adams, I'm ready to cut if he doesn't improve next week!!!

Novacane
08-17-2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

Adams, I'm ready to cut if he doesn't improve next week!!!

Ain't that jumping the gun a bit? Like it or not a lot of these guys don't give it thier all in pre-season. It is not right but its a fact. I'll make my judgement on SA after I see him in a couple real games

WG
08-17-2003, 01:04 PM
No, I don't think so!

If Adams can't get hisw fat arse in shape by next week, then when's it gonna be?

He got dumped on his cann by a single OL-man once last week and again this week! I'm tired of hearin' how he "commands double teams" and is such an enormous factor! He blows! He shouldn't start regardless. He doesn't run D any better than anyone else we have. He's a "one-man tie-up!" that's it.

Anyone who wants to prove me wrong, just tell me where to look on the tape, and for every double team, I'll show you five single teams! He's terrible! He's slow, he can't play anymore!

If he steps it up next week, then fine. But if he doesn't, I'm not willing to allow a "good performance v. Detroit's OL" convince me that he's good.

We don't lose a thing by starting another DT. In fact, we only gain b/c Adams is the worst pass-rushing DT that we have barring NONE!

Novacane
08-17-2003, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

Anyone who wants to prove me wrong, just tell me where to look on the tape,

Won't argue that with you. He looks like he's hardly trying. Either that or he sucks. Thats the point I was attempting to make 3 posts back. I am hoping he is just not giving it his all and pick it up when the games count.