PDA

View Full Version : Adams!!!

WG
08-17-2003, 11:19 AM
I've gotta say, WHAT A SLUG!!!

Anyone arguing contrary, I simply can say I have no idea what you're watching!

Check out the first play of the Titans' drive starting at ~ 9:00 of the 2nd Q!

Adams looks as if he's just played a full game w/ no support from his O. 20 minutes into the game and he's bushed apparently! On the 2nd down play he got completely knocked on his ass by a single OL-man!

His play otherwise in this game has been no better than anyone else's w/ the exception that he's has no pass rush! NONE! The ironic thing is that he hasn't even been in on every play!

I gotta tell ya, if the season were to start next week, he'd be no higher than 2nd on my depth chart! Attrocious!

WG
08-17-2003, 11:21 AM
BTW, I counted one (1) double-team on Adams and that wasn't by design. The Bills DL stunted and he just happened to be where two OL-men were.

This guy isn't doing anything that we signed him to do!

jaja54
08-17-2003, 11:32 AM
You think he's wilting now. Wait until he plays here in Miami and the humidity. Then you'll really find out how quickly he's done.

WG
08-17-2003, 11:41 AM
Wilting??

Wilted! Flower faded! Useless!!!!!

Every single other DT that I observed did at least what he did!

SamAdamsFan
08-18-2003, 07:32 AM
Adams didn't miss a single play until there were 2 minutes left in the first quarter, I know because I wrote down every defensive play what he did. And he was double teamed almost every play, and pushed them back. I was watching only Sam on every defensive play. Also, no one ran his way and Pat was free to roam around and kept stuffing Eddie George. The pass rush wasn't great, but McNair is mobile and we weren't blitzing. I don't understand what you are saying.

TheGhostofJimKelly
08-18-2003, 07:35 AM
I haven't watched the Titans game yet, but I have it on tape. I am going to watch the game tonight and I will watch Adams and give you my thoughts.

Jan Reimers
08-18-2003, 07:42 AM
Were Wys and SAF watching the same game?

Tatonka
08-18-2003, 08:48 AM
i am in the middle.. i dont think adams played nearly as bad as wys claims.. but he wasnt great..

sam is one of the guys i am NOT worried about.

Earthquake Enyart
08-18-2003, 08:57 AM
I was never in love with signing Adams after he got pushed around in the Super Bowl by an average TB OL.

SamAdamsFan
08-18-2003, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i am in the middle.. i dont think adams played nearly as bad as wys claims.. but he wasnt great..

sam is one of the guys i am NOT worried about.

I agree, although he wasn't dominating, he held his own and didn't look terrible. I think we really have to wait until the regular season and four quarters of football to really be able to assess him accurately one way or the other.

The_Philster
08-18-2003, 03:28 PM
Regardless of how poorly he played this season, he should still be better than Edwards. And with the rotations, he shouldn't get worn out too quickly.

WG
08-19-2003, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
Were Wys and SAF watching the same game?

Nope! Sure weren't!

I'd even be willing to lay money on the table that Sam was single teamed on at least a 3-1 ratio as well. I'm sure SAF won't bother anteing up. I caught one play on which he was double-teamed and it clearly was not a designed DT on him. It was pass protection and his move just happened to push him into two OL-men who happened to be there. He didn't even budge them. Heck, he didn't budge the single teams either!

As well, he did miss some plays. There were very clearly some obvious passing downs that they took him out for. Please SAF, please don't tell us all you think SA still has a capable pass rush!

We'll have to open a stand-up comedy forum...

:D

WG
08-19-2003, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by SamAdamsFan

I agree, although he wasn't dominating, he held his own and didn't look terrible. I think we really have to wait until the regular season and four quarters of football to really be able to assess him accurately one way or the other.

Terrible? Not for the average DT. For Sam, yes, terrible.

He was our worst DT! Includes all the 2nd and third teamers. At least they were able to run. SA just waddles and skitters...

Bulldog
08-19-2003, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

Terrible? Not for the average DT. For Sam, yes, terrible.

He was our worst DT! Includes all the 2nd and third teamers. At least they were able to run. SA just waddles and skitters...

Wys, I watched Sam Adams at practice last night in the individual line drills (O line Vs. D Line) and he was firing off the ball and pushing two offensive lineman into the backfield on a regular basis. At least wait until the regualr season before you lable Sam Adams our worst defensive lineman.

Novacane
08-19-2003, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

I'd even be willing to lay money on the table that Sam was single teamed on at least a 3-1 ratio

:D

What the heck is "single teamed" :D

ublinkwescore
08-19-2003, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog

Wys, I watched Sam Adams at practice last night in the individual line drills (O line Vs. D Line) and he was firing off the ball and pushing two offensive lineman into the backfield on a regular basis. At least wait until the regualr season before you lable Sam Adams our worst defensive lineman.

Bravo!!

THATHURMANATOR
08-19-2003, 09:22 AM
If he continues to play poorly in the regular season then we can worry. Why worry about preseason?

d1220
08-19-2003, 11:37 AM
I have to post my 2c on this topic. First of all DT are not supposed to immediately rush the line. Anyone who played football will know this. Their job(in most cases) is to hold their positions, fill the gaps or open them for the linebackers to hit the holes. If a pass is recognized, then they should rush the passer. As far as I could see, fat Sam did his job.... Granted, he did stand upright immediately after the snap, which he shouldn't do(much easier to block someone standing tall), but for the most part, he held his ground...which is what a DT should do. I wouldn't be too critical of him yet. Lets see what happens in the real season before we rush to judge. If you want to be concerned with something, be concerned with Winfield's performance. We stand to loose much more if he continues to play like he did.

WCoastFin
08-19-2003, 03:00 PM
Adams is old now and he went in overweight.....dont forget about how invisible J.posey was.....heck, J.Posey couldnt even win a starting Job in San Francisco!

justasportsfan
08-19-2003, 03:22 PM
Seau's, Knight's and Griese's fromer teams fought like hell to keep them. :rolleyes: Duh!

Nothing but a bunch of rejects. You guys plan on taking Bruce Smith next year?

mchurchfie
08-19-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog

Yeah, but it was our OL he was going against...the only thing worse than the DL on Sat was our OL..I wouldn't be too excited about that...

The_Philster
08-19-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by d1220
I have to post my 2c on this topic. First of all DT are not supposed to immediately rush the line. Anyone who played football will know this. Their job(in most cases) is to hold their positions, fill the gaps or open them for the linebackers to hit the holes. If a pass is recognized, then they should rush the passer. As far as I could see, fat Sam did his job.... Granted, he did stand upright immediately after the snap, which he shouldn't do(much easier to block someone standing tall), but for the most part, he held his ground...which is what a DT should do. I wouldn't be too critical of him yet. Lets see what happens in the real season before we rush to judge. If you want to be concerned with something, be concerned with Winfield's performance. We stand to loose much more if he continues to play like he did.

Nice post:up: :welcome: aboard