PDA

View Full Version : Who were the announcers for this game?

WG
08-17-2003, 12:13 PM
Theissman and whomever...

I've never heard such inane drivel in my life!!

Now all of a sudden Morris is some sort of animal RB...

:rolleyes:

There was plenty of other stuff too. Unbelieveable. ESPN should just get a tape of all the stuff that's touted in the media and run w/ some unknown guy telling us what's happening.

LtBillsFan66
08-17-2003, 12:14 PM
Mike Patrick, Paul Maguire, Joe Theisman. They all have to go.

LtBillsFan66
08-17-2003, 12:14 PM
And that useless sideline chick too.

Novacane
08-17-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by billsfanone
And that useless sideline chick too.

All sideline reporters are useless. They should keep Suzie.......................she's eye candy.

LtBillsFan66
08-17-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
All sideline reporters are useless. They should keep Suzie.......................she's eye candy.

She is 50 times as annoying as she is eye candy. Dump her.

yle
08-18-2003, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by billsfanone
She is 50 times as annoying as she is eye candy.
:hi5:
If she's only there as eye candy, there are ton's of chicks hotter than that who could read a cue card.

EricStratton
08-18-2003, 07:37 AM
Suzie Culver is most likely the most knowledgeable football woman working today and I guaran – damn - tee she knows more about the NFL then anyone visiting fan sites.

She’s not there as eye-candy for some horny football fan to ogle at with the curtains closed.

The_Philster
08-18-2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by EricStratton
Suzie Culver is most likely the most knowledgeable football woman working today and I guaran – damn - tee she knows more about the NFL then anyone visiting fan sites.

She’s not there as eye-candy for some horny football fan to ogle at with the curtains closed.

I couldn't agree more, Eric. I think all that time working with Hoge and Jaws on NFL MatchUp has helped her learn a lot more about the inner workings of the game than most reporters who have never played the sport.

BillsNick
08-18-2003, 03:27 PM
For a while there, you wouldn't have even know that the Bills were playing in this game, it was all about the titans!! these guys sucked it.

LtBillsFan66
08-18-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by EricStratton

That's an insult to all women. She is useless. Totally useless.

I saw a little of her during the draft. She was ok then. But totally useless on the sidelines. Friggin Eric Dickerson was 100 times better.

Throne Logic
08-18-2003, 04:01 PM
Actually, in comparison to the other team's on TV, I like this team better than most. They tend to have better insight than pretty much all the others. They ain't pefect, but consider the alternatives.

I'm pretty sure Madden's been dead for a couple of years and they just prop him up and play clips from his previous work over and over and over. And Al Michaels, who is a solid professional, does not fit with Madden at all. He just has no idea what drivel Madden's gonna spit out and which tangent he's gonna go on. Summerall, being a drunk, had no problems following along with Madden's nonsense. Speaking of Summerall, I cannot believe they let him come back and call games. I swear he has to be corrected at least a dozen times a half. I loved Tasker as a player. I even thought he did a pretty good job when he started the commentary job. However, he's slipped to the point that I find myself yelling at him occationally. Then we've got Phil Sims and Boomer. They're OK, but sometimes you want to strangle them when the "well, when we were . . . ." starts up.

There are better analysts out there, yes. But they're all pretty much paired up with someone who just annoys the heck out of you.

I've no problems with Culver. I do have problems with in-game sideline interviews on a whole. I'd be interested to see how she does with in-booth commentary.

It seems that many crews are picked for the wrong reasons. There are too many ex-players who probably needed a couple more years of polish before getting these jobs. Putting that Monday night trio of Michaels, Miller, and Blockhead together was just down-right rediculous. If I wanted comedy, I'd watch comedy. Wrong platform.

I want a team that will be in the background, detailing the plays correctly the first time, pointing out the important aspects of each play (not always the obvious ones), and maybe even finding some interesting aspects in the plays or the stats that I've not picked up on.

My rant is over.

ublinkwescore
08-18-2003, 04:52 PM
You guys are lame - whining about who's bringing you commentary - I watch football simply to watch football because I love the sport - if Carrot Top and Richard Simmons were doing commentary - I would still watch it, and I wouldn't ***** about it either - why? because if I don't like who's giving the commentary therey's a friggin' mute button. It's that ****ing simple people.

ublinkwescore
08-18-2003, 04:54 PM
Sorry, I just saw the Dennis Leary Roast on Comedy Central

WG
08-18-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Throne Logic
Actually, in comparison to the other team's on TV, I like this team better than most. They tend to have better insight than pretty much all the others. They ain't pefect, but consider the alternatives.

I'm pretty sure Madden's been dead for a couple of years and they just prop him up and play clips from his previous work over and over and over. And Al Michaels, who is a solid professional, does not fit with Madden at all. He just has no idea what drivel Madden's gonna spit out and which tangent he's gonna go on. Summerall, being a drunk, had no problems following along with Madden's nonsense. Speaking of Summerall, I cannot believe they let him come back and call games. I swear he has to be corrected at least a dozen times a half. I loved Tasker as a player. I even thought he did a pretty good job when he started the commentary job. However, he's slipped to the point that I find myself yelling at him occationally. Then we've got Phil Sims and Boomer. They're OK, but sometimes you want to strangle them when the "well, when we were . . . ." starts up.

There are better analysts out there, yes. But they're all pretty much paired up with someone who just annoys the heck out of you.

I've no problems with Culver. I do have problems with in-game sideline interviews on a whole. I'd be interested to see how she does with in-booth commentary.

It seems that many crews are picked for the wrong reasons. There are too many ex-players who probably needed a couple more years of polish before getting these jobs. Putting that Monday night trio of Michaels, Miller, and Blockhead together was just down-right rediculous. If I wanted comedy, I'd watch comedy. Wrong platform.

I want a team that will be in the background, detailing the plays correctly the first time, pointing out the important aspects of each play (not always the obvious ones), and maybe even finding some interesting aspects in the plays or the stats that I've not picked up on.

My rant is over.

LMAO TL!!!

"I'm pretty sure Madden's been dead for a couple of years and they just prop him up and play clips from his previous work over and over and over. And Al Michaels, who is a solid professional, does not fit with Madden at all. He just has no idea what drivel Madden's gonna spit out and which tangent he's gonna go on. Summerall, being a drunk, had no problems following along with Madden's nonsense. Speaking of Summerall, ..."

:lolcry:

"Weekend at Madden's"

Frankly, I don't want analysis for games. I'll do my own. I like someone to point out facts and stats and other tidbits from the season. Howard David is KING of calling games! They should move him to the booth and let him do the radio and TV simultaneoiusly!

northernbillfan
08-19-2003, 01:25 AM
I for one like the team of Thiesman, Maguire, and Patrick.

Especially Paul Maguire since he is an ex Buffalo Bill. Played through a historical period of the team. 64-70. He may have only been a punter, but he was still a Bill.

I don't listen to the commentators to take them seriously, I listen tothem for entertainment through out the game. I can break the plays down myself. Those guys are very entertaining. IMHO

Throne Logic
08-19-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Frankly, I don't want analysis for games. I'll do my own. I like someone to point out facts and stats and other tidbits from the season. Howard David is KING of calling games! They should move him to the booth and let him do the radio and TV simultaneoiusly!

Radio guys have to earn their keep. No video feed to occupy the primary sense.

I like to break things down myself, also. However, during the live action, there is no way I can watch everything simultaneously. Also, there is a lot of action off-camera (which annoys me) until the ball gets there. A good team will bring some of this out.

Speaking of off-camera, I have to say, I REALLY like the new camera angle from above and behind (Video Game view). Makes it a hell of a lot easier to see the formations, the plays develep and the gaps open and close. Plus, you can see what the DBs and WRs are doing down field whilethe QB still has the ball. Now that it seems to be a less jumpy camera, I'm really liking this.