PDA

View Full Version : Kudo for Travis Brown...

WG
08-17-2003, 12:50 PM
Here's one of the things that I've spoken of about Brown in the past. Check out the TD pass to Burns at 11:59 left in the game. Watch how Brown looks deep, and then at the very last second dumps to Brown short. That's a veteran lookoff and it's what helped that play work.

BTW, I've watched all but one Bills drive and those of you criticizing Brown, I have absolutely no idea what you're basing that on!

He's playing better than Bledsoe's played on any single drive all PS. Several of his incompletions have not been his fault. He's also got an 8.7 YPA!

ArcticWildMan
08-17-2003, 12:53 PM
LOL!!! Brown looked horrible. His passes were inaccurate whenever the defenders put any pressure on him.

AVP looked the best out of all of our QB's :eek:

Novacane
08-17-2003, 12:53 PM
I'd like to see how he does against guys that won't be working at Burger King in a couple weeks

Novacane
08-17-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan

AVP looked the best out of all of our QB's

He has looked good both games so far.

WG
08-17-2003, 12:57 PM
VP's thrown 10 passes!

Big deal. I agree tho, he's looked the best. But I gotta tell ya, Drew, especially since he has the first team WRs, RBs, and OL looks the worst!

Brown has played a good game.

AWM, find for me the points in the game that support your position please.

Anyone else too!

I've seen two accurate passes, at least, that have been dropped!

Novacane
08-17-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

Big deal. I agree tho, he's looked the best. But I gotta tell ya, Drew, especially since he has the first team WRs, RBs, and OL looks the worst!

Drew looked fine yesterday. Moulds dropped a perfectly thrown pass that would have been a FD. Josh Reed dropped a long touchdown.

Novacane
08-17-2003, 01:04 PM

I've seen two accurate passes, at least, that have been dropped!

Wys......I agree with you that Brown looked a lot better yesterday. However........if you point out that recievers are dropping his perfect passes be fair and point out that Moulds dropped a perfect pass and Reed dropped a perfect TD pass from Drew.

WG
08-17-2003, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green

Drew looked fine yesterday. Moulds dropped a perfectly thrown pass that would have been a FD. Josh Reed dropped a long touchdown.

Agree on those dropped balls.

BUT,

Drew, once again, looked HORRIBLE on third downs and almost completely failed to move the first unit O! Those drops weren't on those plays.

WG
08-17-2003, 01:17 PM

Wys......I agree with you that Brown looked a lot better yesterday. However........if you point out that recievers are dropping his perfect passes be fair and point out that Moulds dropped a perfect pass and Reed dropped a perfect TD pass from Drew.

Again, 3rd down performances...

Also, let's reverse the roles:

Drew w/ the 2nd and 3rd unit Os, and Brown w/ the first unit!

How 'bout trying that?

You think Drew would play well? I guarantee you he'd have been even worse. Guarntee. I cannot imagine that Brown's play wouldn't improve w/ the first unit!

BTW, did you hear the announcers mention that Moulds said that Brown has been the most accurate passer in camp?

I'll be happy to point out the time on the tape if you want to listen to it...

Novacane
08-17-2003, 01:25 PM

BTW, did you hear the announcers mention that Moulds said that Brown has been the most accurate passer in camp?

I heard that. Practice is practice. Games are all i care about. It's a lot differant throwing against guys you know can't hit you than it is throwing against guys that wanna kill you. I hope he keeps improving. He looked better yesterday. Still not good enough to take AVP's job though.

WG
08-17-2003, 01:34 PM
Then why are we starting Drew?

He's sucked! He was no better than Brown in two games and with the first unit!

BTW, I just saw at least the third pass dropped from Brown. That's 3 of his 9 incompletions. As well, he threw two away which were good throwaways. One drew a RtP penalty the other was out of the EZ. I'm not gonna fault him for those. RJ didn't do those things and everyone was miffed.

BTW, I would be concerned over Drew's play if I were everyone. He's shown absolutely no indication that 12 of 16 games last year weren't the real way he plays vice the perceived way he plays!

He's 9 of 19 for 74 and really hasn't contributed significantly to either one of the two scoring drives.
That's also a 3.9 YPA!

Yeah, I'd be concerned! RBs should average more...

Novacane
08-17-2003, 01:38 PM
!

He's 9 of 19 for 74 and really hasn't contributed significantly to either one of the two scoring drives.
That's also a 3.9 YPA!

Yeah, I'd be concerned! RBs should average more...

I was in and out so I did not see all his throws. At least 2 drops that I already noted. Maybe more. Just give him those 2 and all the sudden he is 11 of 19 for 130 yards and 1 TD average jumps to 6.8.

WG
08-17-2003, 01:43 PM
Are you willing to look at Brown in the same light?

Doesn't seem so.

As well, dropped balls are a part of the game. We've been either ignoring and/or excusing Drew's play for 13 games now!

When's it gonna come around back to him? I mean at some point this becomes unbelieveable!

I thought the entire team is supposed to play better w/ Drew in there?! Obviously that doesn't include Drew, but the others presumably!

:rolleyes:

We'll see, but I find it hard to believe that all of a sudden we're gonna snap outta this funk v. the Pats when they're way more than in sync!

WG
08-17-2003, 01:46 PM
As I said as well, right now we are no better off than we were last year.

Adams blows, or at least for the moment. It's gonna take more than a week to excite anyone about his pickup. His rep will carry him for a few weeks, but not more.

We still haven't a proven DE. No different that last season.

Our OL isn't playing well. OK, but not well.

Drew's play is bad. Even if you add in those two dropped passes, it's not great. Still 11 of 19 for maybe 105 and only barely over 5 YPA. Big deal!

At least Brown had a near 10 YPA this game.

VP has played well too.

Novacane
08-17-2003, 01:46 PM

Doesn't seem so.

You're not reading my posts again

Novacane
08-17-2003, 01:49 PM

Doesn't seem so.

You won't look at bledsoe in the same light you look at brown. It's all Bledsoes fault the first team O did not move the ball and all Browns doing that the third team did move the ball. And you wonder why people think you have it out for Bledsoe:rolleyes:

WG
08-17-2003, 01:52 PM
I am, and did. I agree w/ you, but you seem quick to look at Brown's play w/o considering those but only after we consider them for Brown.

No one can argue that Bledsoe isn't playing well. Given that he's coming off of an 11 game CRAP streak, one of the things that I was looking for, and justafiably so in PS, was his own personal improvement.

Again, add in those two dropped balls if you want, he's still not playing well!!!

He's 1 for 6 on third downs!

That's 5 stalled drives b/c of him! Not good when you only played 8 or so drives.

Novacane
08-17-2003, 01:55 PM

He's 1 for 6 on third downs!

That's 5 stalled drives b/c of him! Not good when you only played 8 or so drives.

Take Bledsoe out of it. How can you lay the Blame totally on a QB for those stats. The QB is at fault sure......but what about the recievers that don't get open, what about if the line does not protect, What about dropped passes. How can you lay the blame totally on a QB

Novacane
08-17-2003, 01:57 PM
but you seem quick to look at Brown's play w/o considering those but only after we consider them for Brown.

Wys......I am one of the only ones agreeing with you that he looked good yesterday. I am not critisizing his play at all yesterday.

Novacane
08-17-2003, 01:58 PM

Take Bledsoe out of it. How can you lay the Blame totally on a QB for those stats. The QB is at fault sure......but what about the recievers that don't get open, what about if the line does not protect, What about dropped passes. How can you lay the blame totally on a QB

I forgot to add what about a dumb O cooridinator that calls stupid plays

Michael82
08-17-2003, 01:59 PM

I wonder what camp he was watching!!!! :rolleyes:

This is the biggest ****ing lie I have ever seen! Have you read any of my training camp reports, or any of the other ones out there? His favorite word is INCOMPLETE!!! If he was the most accurate passer...then that means that we better look for a new QB. I wonder why Moulds said that. Did you get him to say something like that? Hmmm. :scratch:

The_Philster
08-17-2003, 02:18 PM
I heard that. Practice is practice. Games are all i care about. It's a lot differant throwing against guys you know can't hit you than it is throwing against guys that wanna kill you. I hope he keeps improving. He looked better yesterday. Still not good enough to take AVP's job though.

Couldn't agree more. IF he actually looks that good in practice, it's only practice...he can't seem to do the same thing against live bullets...kinda like the last guy to wear #11. :D

WG
08-17-2003, 02:49 PM

Well IDK about that, we gave him all the kudos for the success last year!

What's the matter, when the shoe's on the other foot it all-of-a-sudden ain't right?

Who threw those passes? It wasn't me, you, Brown, or VP.

WG
08-17-2003, 02:50 PM

I forgot to add what about a dumb O cooridinator that calls stupid plays

I thought Drew audibles a lot and we're to be thankful for that?

Now none of the PCing is his fault?

How 'bout the tosses themselves? They certainly haven't all been crisp!

Tatonka
08-17-2003, 02:50 PM
wys, i knew you would jump back on the brown train..

news flash.. we were losing by a million points.. TB look OK against the 3rd and 4th string defense that was allowing short gains. the pass he made to burns we the work of burns.. all tb did was dump the ball off..

he sucks.. he will be our 3rd string by default, because there is no one else.

WG
08-17-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282

I wonder what camp he was watching!!!! :rolleyes:

This is the biggest ****ing lie I have ever seen! Have you read any of my training camp reports, or any of the other ones out there? His favorite word is INCOMPLETE!!! If he was the most accurate passer...then that means that we better look for a new QB. I wonder why Moulds said that. Did you get him to say something like that? Hmmm. :scratch:

Go take you argument to Moulds! He's the one who said it!

Let's see:

Mikey says Brown's passes have been horrible!

EM says that he's the most accurate passer in camp!

Hmmmm....

I'll pick B please...

To answer your question, I think Moulds has been watching the Bills camp!

Tatonka
08-17-2003, 02:55 PM
moulds never said that..

provide a link or it is crap.. there is no way he said that.

WG
08-17-2003, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
wys, i knew you would jump back on the brown train..

news flash.. we were losing by a million points.. TB look OK against the 3rd and 4th string defense that was allowing short gains. the pass he made to burns we the work of burns.. all tb did was dump the ball off..

he sucks.. he will be our 3rd string by default, because there is no one else.

I'm not jumping on the Brown train, but for cryin' out loud, he has a better overall performance than Drew and he still sucks!

Drew has been flat out HORRIBLE in two games. He's got a piss poor YPA, he's 9 of 19 total, he's done nothing.

Wait and see you say! For what? He played like CRAP for 10 of our last games last year too!

All I'm sayin' is cut Brown some slack or at least apply the same things to Drew!

I really can't deal w/ another season where all the fans tout Drew as the O puts up an average that's worthy of being amongst the league's bottom dwellers!

If anyone on O had anything to prove this year, it's Drew after playing like CRAP for most of last season. He hasn't shown that he even belongs as the starter. At this rate, I'll be pullin' for VP by week 4! I don't want to hear about any "slumps" either.

WG
08-17-2003, 02:57 PM
moulds never said that..

TAlk to Theismann and the announcers, they said it!

I can tell you at what point in the tape it was if you want.

As to whether Moulds said it or not IDK, but they said he did.

WG
08-17-2003, 02:57 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if they were lying. They were lying all game about Drew and Adams, so why not. Heck!

WG
08-17-2003, 02:58 PM
I am saying Brown played a decent game T!

I said the opposite last week.

The_Philster
08-17-2003, 02:59 PM

He's right...the announcers said he said it.

Tatonka
08-17-2003, 03:00 PM
the announcing crew also stated that travis henry was a free agent in 2004..

and this is WITH paul mcguire sittnig right there.. you would think that idiot would correct them..

they have no clue what they are talking about.

WG
08-17-2003, 03:03 PM
I couldn't agree w/ you more there T.

They also praised Drew and Adams up one side and down the other.

Do those statements by them count??

;)

Michael82
08-17-2003, 03:04 PM
Go take you argument to Moulds! He's the one who said it!

Let's see:

Mikey says Brown's passes have been horrible!

EM says that he's the most accurate passer in camp!

Hmmmm....

I'll pick B please...

To answer your question, I think Moulds has been watching the Bills camp!

What about all the NY media and all the sports reporters and all that? Have they been watching the same Brown as us? :rolleyes: Besides, I NEVER hear Eric Moulds say it himself! :rolleyes:

moulds never said that..

EXACTLY! If he said that....it would have been in the paper or something or they would have interviewed him and showed him saying it.

You actually believe those two baffoons!??!!? :snicker: :lol:

WG
08-17-2003, 03:04 PM
Still, it's one thing to offer an idiotic opinion.

It's completely another to openly lie about what a player said.

One is a simple matter of reporting the truth, the other requires some brains.

Either way, w/ Gilbride's hatred for Brown, I can't imagine that it's something the Bills would report!

ArcticWildMan
08-17-2003, 03:07 PM
Did you ever think that maybe Moulds was just being overly nice when he made a comment about Brown? Saying he's accurate is almost an insult anyway. It's like that was all he could think of to say.

I highly doubt he'd come out and say Travis sucks!

WG
08-17-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282

What about all the NY media and all the sports reporters and all that? Have they been watching the same Brown as us? :rolleyes: Besides, I NEVER hear Eric Moulds say it himself! :rolleyes:

EXACTLY! If he said that....it would have been in the paper or something or they would have interviewed him and showed him saying it.

You actually believe those two baffoons!??!!? :snicker: :lol:

Quite frankly Mike, you're the only one w/ horrible reports about Brown. The others aren't nearly as bad as yours. Have you read them?

You really believe that the Bills would print or report that?? Come on now....

No, I don't believe those buffoons!

But I don't believe them when they say Bledsoe and Adams are among the best either! Do you? Or do you "believe them" then?

Funny how sometimes they're credible and other times they're not! Who's the one that raves about how idiotic the national media is? Couldn't be me now could it...

WG
08-17-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
Did you ever think that maybe Moulds was just being overly nice when he made a comment about Brown? Saying he's accurate is almost an insult anyway. It's like that was all he could think of to say.

I highly doubt he'd come out and say Travis sucks!

And the only way taht he could have done that is by saying that Brown's passes have been the most accurate, right?

It's absolutely amazing to me how when the same media guys say something complimentary to fan favorites then it "becomes law", but when it's against them or for a non-fan-favorite, that they're FoS and completely dismissed.