• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WG
    Drew and Sam stole all my hair
    • Jul 2002

Kudo for Travis Brown...

Here's one of the things that I've spoken of about Brown in the past. Check out the TD pass to Burns at 11:59 left in the game. Watch how Brown looks deep, and then at the very last second dumps to Brown short. That's a veteran lookoff and it's what helped that play work.

BTW, I've watched all but one Bills drive and those of you criticizing Brown, I have absolutely no idea what you're basing that on!

He's playing better than Bledsoe's played on any single drive all PS. Several of his incompletions have not been his fault. He's also got an 8.7 YPA!
    Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

• ArcticWildMan

LOL!!! Brown looked horrible. His passes were inaccurate whenever the defenders put any pressure on him.

AVP looked the best out of all of our QB's

Comment

• Fairway To Green
      • Jul 2002

I'd like to see how he does against guys that won't be working at Burger King in a couple weeks

Comment

• Fairway To Green
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ArcticWildMan

AVP looked the best out of all of our QB's

He has looked good both games so far.

Comment

• Wys Guy
          • Jul 2002

VP's thrown 10 passes!

Big deal. I agree tho, he's looked the best. But I gotta tell ya, Drew, especially since he has the first team WRs, RBs, and OL looks the worst!

Brown has played a good game.

AWM, find for me the points in the game that support your position please.

Anyone else too!

I've seen two accurate passes, at least, that have been dropped!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Fairway To Green
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Wys Guy

Big deal. I agree tho, he's looked the best. But I gotta tell ya, Drew, especially since he has the first team WRs, RBs, and OL looks the worst!

Drew looked fine yesterday. Moulds dropped a perfectly thrown pass that would have been a FD. Josh Reed dropped a long touchdown.

Comment

• Fairway To Green
              • Jul 2002

I've seen two accurate passes, at least, that have been dropped!

Wys......I agree with you that Brown looked a lot better yesterday. However........if you point out that recievers are dropping his perfect passes be fair and point out that Moulds dropped a perfect pass and Reed dropped a perfect TD pass from Drew.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Fairway To Green

Drew looked fine yesterday. Moulds dropped a perfectly thrown pass that would have been a FD. Josh Reed dropped a long touchdown.
                Agree on those dropped balls.

BUT,

Drew, once again, looked HORRIBLE on third downs and almost completely failed to move the first unit O! Those drops weren't on those plays.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Fairway To Green

Wys......I agree with you that Brown looked a lot better yesterday. However........if you point out that recievers are dropping his perfect passes be fair and point out that Moulds dropped a perfect pass and Reed dropped a perfect TD pass from Drew.
                  Again, 3rd down performances...

Also, let's reverse the roles:

Drew w/ the 2nd and 3rd unit Os, and Brown w/ the first unit!

How 'bout trying that?

You think Drew would play well? I guarantee you he'd have been even worse. Guarntee. I cannot imagine that Brown's play wouldn't improve w/ the first unit!

BTW, did you hear the announcers mention that Moulds said that Brown has been the most accurate passer in camp?

I'll be happy to point out the time on the tape if you want to listen to it...

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                    • Jul 2002

BTW, did you hear the announcers mention that Moulds said that Brown has been the most accurate passer in camp?

I heard that. Practice is practice. Games are all i care about. It's a lot differant throwing against guys you know can't hit you than it is throwing against guys that wanna kill you. I hope he keeps improving. He looked better yesterday. Still not good enough to take AVP's job though.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                      • Jul 2002

Then why are we starting Drew?

He's sucked! He was no better than Brown in two games and with the first unit!

BTW, I just saw at least the third pass dropped from Brown. That's 3 of his 9 incompletions. As well, he threw two away which were good throwaways. One drew a RtP penalty the other was out of the EZ. I'm not gonna fault him for those. RJ didn't do those things and everyone was miffed.

BTW, I would be concerned over Drew's play if I were everyone. He's shown absolutely no indication that 12 of 16 games last year weren't the real way he plays vice the perceived way he plays!

He's 9 of 19 for 74 and really hasn't contributed significantly to either one of the two scoring drives.
                      That's also a 3.9 YPA!

Yeah, I'd be concerned! RBs should average more...

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                        • Jul 2002

!

He's 9 of 19 for 74 and really hasn't contributed significantly to either one of the two scoring drives.
                        That's also a 3.9 YPA!

Yeah, I'd be concerned! RBs should average more...

I was in and out so I did not see all his throws. At least 2 drops that I already noted. Maybe more. Just give him those 2 and all the sudden he is 11 of 19 for 130 yards and 1 TD average jumps to 6.8.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                          • Jul 2002

Are you willing to look at Brown in the same light?

Doesn't seem so.

As well, dropped balls are a part of the game. We've been either ignoring and/or excusing Drew's play for 13 games now!

When's it gonna come around back to him? I mean at some point this becomes unbelieveable!

I thought the entire team is supposed to play better w/ Drew in there?! Obviously that doesn't include Drew, but the others presumably!

We'll see, but I find it hard to believe that all of a sudden we're gonna snap outta this funk v. the Pats when they're way more than in sync!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                            • Jul 2002

As I said as well, right now we are no better off than we were last year.

Adams blows, or at least for the moment. It's gonna take more than a week to excite anyone about his pickup. His rep will carry him for a few weeks, but not more.

We still haven't a proven DE. No different that last season.

Our OL isn't playing well. OK, but not well.

Drew's play is bad. Even if you add in those two dropped passes, it's not great. Still 11 of 19 for maybe 105 and only barely over 5 YPA. Big deal!

At least Brown had a near 10 YPA this game.

VP has played well too.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                              • Jul 2002

Are you willing to look at Brown in the same light?

Doesn't seem so.

You're not reading my posts again

Comment

Working...
                              X