Result: Punt

1st drive:

Pass: 1 for 1 for 9 yards
Run: 2 for 71 yards
Penalty: none
Total: 80 yards
Result: TD

Anyone else concerned?

That's 41 net yards on our first three drives, about the same as last week, 121 total w/ over half of that coming on one big play run.

We have issues...

Alluro
08-17-2003, 01:31 PM
i'm not concerned really...If our receivers held onto the ball it wouldn't look as bad. The defense i thought was much more troubling, but i'll reserve judgement on that until TKO is back out there. He is the best player on the defensive side of the ball for this team, and a huge part of the equation.

Brian Griese Rulz
08-17-2003, 01:32 PM
Im more concerned with a lack of pass rush then this. We had the same problem last year and it loks like its still not fixed.

No Pass rush=No Playoffs. Be lucky to be 6-10.

Novacane
08-17-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

Anyone else concerned?

No. Remember how bad they looked last pre-season and then came out looking great. I am not going to get worked up over pre-season.

NoRing4U
08-17-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green

No. Remember how bad they looked last pre-season and then came out looking great. I am not going to get worked up over pre-season.

Came out looking great? Interesting. . :coocoo:

Novacane
08-17-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by NoRing4U

Came out looking great? Interesting. . :coocoo:

Our offense did not look great in the beginning of last season? You're the cookoo one if you think that

WG
08-17-2003, 01:40 PM
I'm highly concerned!

Our offense had very serious issues from week 6 on last year! We averaged 18.5 PPG over that stretch!

This doesn't tell me we've figured out what's going on!

I will say this, that if we don't find a pass rush, if Adams or another DT doesn't step up, if we can't find a single one of our DEs to step up, and if Drew and the offense don't come around, expect us to get whipped by the Pats again!

ublinkwescore
08-17-2003, 05:58 PM
I'm not concerned either - the Josh Reed endzone pass would have been caught in a real game - it's just preseason jitters and we were playing a team that we play later on in the year - it would be dumb to actually show them a glimpse of our Offense - and we did have some success running on them - and their secondary was one of the worst in the league last year - we all know Moulds and Reed will look a lot sharper when the games start counting.

Kelly The Dog
08-17-2003, 06:33 PM
Using that logic, Wys, they will also rush for 282 yards a game, and 48 touchdowns, with an incredible 18.8 yards per carry, obliterating all NFL rushing records.