PDA

View Full Version : Sell all your tickets! Get rid of all your Bills stuff! Start preparing for 2004.....

Michael82
08-17-2003, 02:13 PM
Because we suck! That's right all you Season Ticket Holders!!! The Buffalo Bills suck! We are the same as last year. We are going to be worse than 8-8 and will play really bad. Sell all your tickets, Wys! The Season is OVER! We really suck! The Bills are going to get the #1 pick of the 2004 draft and can get themselves a real quarterback! :rolleyes:

Come on Guys!!! It's PRE-SEASON!!!
Lighten up! You know that the Defense was just a basic D and is as vanilla as you can get. How the hell do you expect them to be able to do anything without all these schemes? As for Adams...he HATES pre-seasons and usually never plays hard during the pre-season. Bledsoe is NOT bad....he has had some problems with finding open receivers and his receivers have dropped the ball too much. That's what the pre-season is FOR!!! To work on all this stuff! Before you all go gloom and doom anymore....get off that ledge and chill out. There is still about 21 days left until the REAL season begins. Then and ONLY then can you complain and ***** and whine about them sucking. But relax guys! :D

:calm:

ArcticWildMan
08-17-2003, 02:16 PM
:up: Mike.

No doubt. You would think we suddenly became the Bungals or something. Some folks need to relax.

Schobel94
08-17-2003, 02:17 PM
I know really, geeze, nobody actually plays in the preseason, there is absolutely NO correlation between preseason and regular season. Last years preseason we were terrible, so what, who cares, I dont.

Michael82
08-17-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
:up: Mike.

No doubt. You would think we suddenly became the Bungals or something. Some folks need to relax.

That's the smilie I was looking for! :D

Originally posted by Schobel94
I know really, geeze, nobody actually plays in the preseason, there is absolutely NO correlation between preseason and regular season. Last years preseason we were terrible, so what, who cares, I dont.

EXACTLY! And you know it doesn't matter when Takeo Spikes is held out with a minor injury, Dave Moore is held out with a minor injury and the teams want to end it as soon as possible sometimes. lol

The_Philster
08-17-2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282
Because we suck! That's right all you Season Ticket Holders!!! The Buffalo Bills suck! We are the same as last year. We are going to be worse than 8-8 and will play really bad. Sell all your tickets, Wys! The Season is OVER! We really suck! The Bills are going to get the #1 pick of the 2004 draft and can get themselves a real quarterback! :rolleyes:

:wail: Ok.....*sniff, sniff* But who's gonna buy them as badly as they suck? :scratch:

:lol:
Concern is appropriate for the sloppy play but it's way too early to throw in the towel. This is the franchise that made 2 of the 4 biggest comebacks in NFL history (including #1) and we aren't even down yet. If we come out looking awful against the Pats is when we get anxious.

shelby
08-17-2003, 02:27 PM
What is this, the Gestapo? Can't i express concern with the fact that we had 16 penalties for 178 yards?:cynic:
i know preseason games are meaningless, and that we aren't showing half of what we got. What pisses me off is the sloppiness i saw, the lack of any pass rush whatsoever, and a lack of commitment to the running game.
Preseason is a good time to evaluate where a team needs improvement. Sorry if my negativity bothered any of y'all.:kissa:

cordog
08-17-2003, 02:28 PM
No dont listen to them, sell you tickets, ill buy

Michael82
08-17-2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by shelby
What is this, the Gestapo? Can't i express concern with the fact that we had 16 penalties for 178 yards?:cynic:
i know preseason games are meaningless, and that we aren't showing half of what we got. What pisses me off is the sloppiness i saw, the lack of any pass rush whatsoever, and a lack of commitment to the running game.
Preseason is a good time to evaluate where a team needs improvement. Sorry if my negativity bothered any of y'all.:kissa:

EXACTLY! And this is just what PRE-SEASON is for! It is the time where stupid penalties are made and players are a little sloppy. In a regular game, I don't think Moulds or Reed would have dropped those passes. The offensive line should put Marques Sullivan back in and then work with Mike Williams to get his aggressiveness back in. But again...this is what PRE-SEASON is for. To make those little tweaks, fix problems AND evaluate the team.

ArcticWildMan
08-17-2003, 02:31 PM
Uhh...a little to the right, Shelby. :lol:

Michael82
08-17-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by cordog
No dont listen to them, sell you tickets, ill buy

Me too! Hopefully this pre-season stuff works and gets people like Wys to start selling their tickets. :snicker:

WG
08-17-2003, 02:38 PM

You facist!

Be excited shelby!!!

Be excited that the first unit O looks worse than last year!

Be excited that Adams is such a lard that he can't even move and looks fully exhausted early in the 2nd Q!

Be excited that TD's about a good a judge of DE talent as Phillips was at coaching!

Be excited that the fans are gonna root, root, root Bledsoe into popularity again this season as we score a whopping 16 PPG again!

WOOHOO!!!

Be excited that apparently the coaching staff has learned nothing since last season!!

YAHOOOO!!

:rolleyes:

WG
08-17-2003, 02:39 PM

Me too! Hopefully this pre-season stuff works and gets people like Wys to start selling their tickets. :snicker:

I'll be at the game Mike, but it's your ass I'm kicking if we lose!!

:D

Don't go askin' me why if it happens tho...

ArcticWildMan
08-17-2003, 02:44 PM
Oh man!! I want pics! :snicker:

ryguy8161
08-17-2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

You facist!

Be excited shelby!!!

Be excited that Adams is such a lard that he can't even move and looks fully exhausted early in the 2nd Q!

Be excited that TD's about a good a judge of DE talent as Phillips was at coaching!

Be excited that the fans are gonna root, root, root Bledsoe into popularity again this season as we score a whopping 16 PPG again!

WOOHOO!!!

Be excited that apparently the coaching staff has learned nothing since last season!!

YAHOOOO!!

You can sit there and whine about things that can be corrected, or you can be thankful that one of our star players doesn't have to sit out the first few games of the season. (ie-falcons)

WG
08-17-2003, 02:47 PM
I'll take one afterwards w/ my 13 2E stuck up there after I get my foot out of it...

AG75
08-17-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by ryguy8161

You can sit there and whine about things that can be corrected, or you can be thankful that one of our star players doesn't have to sit out the first few games of the season. (ie-falcons)

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WG
08-17-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by ryguy8161

These are all unresolved issues from last season ry!

What makes you think that they are easily corrected?

Jones, McKenzie, and Kelsay are the "corrections." They aren't working or even showing that they're any better than the "non-solutions" we had last season.

As to sitting out, we had a full compliment of offensive starters last year and they only put up a paltry number of points and underachieved for most of the season.

Perhaps it would be a positive change of pace if one of our "star palyers", i.e, Drew and Adams, would have to sit out. Ever think of it that way.

Novacane
08-17-2003, 03:26 PM
What is this, the Gestapo? Can't i express concern with the fact that we had 16 penalties for 178 yards?

Thats the ONLY thing that concerns me. I am sick of Mr Dicipline Greg williams teams being penalized up the butt.

Novacane
08-17-2003, 03:29 PM

You facist!

Be excited shelby!!!

WOOHOO!!!

YAHOOOO!!

You should change your sig wys. There is no way you seriously think we are going anywhere near the Super Bowl.

WG
08-17-2003, 03:31 PM
Not quite yet FtG. If we play this way next week, I sure will!

Originally posted by Fairway To Green

Thats the ONLY thing that concerns me. I am sick of Mr Dicipline Greg williams teams being penalized up the butt.

Maybe some of those holding penalties wouldn't happen if Drew didn't expect to have more than 5 or 6 seconds back there. He takes too long on many plays and puts his OL at risk for exactly those holding calls! But hey, that's the problem when you have a mentally slow immobile QB!

Novacane
08-17-2003, 03:34 PM
Not quite yet FtG. If we play this way next week, I sure will!

Maybe some of those holding penalties wouldn't happen if Drew didn't expect to have more than 5 or 6 seconds back there. He takes too long on many plays and puts his OL at risk for exactly those holding calls! But hey, that's the problem when you have a mentally slow immobile QB!

I suppose it's his fault the OL got 5 false starts too.

ryguy8161
08-17-2003, 04:03 PM

These are all unresolved issues from last season ry!

What makes you think that they are easily corrected?

Jones, McKenzie, and Kelsay are the "corrections." They aren't working or even showing that they're any better than the "non-solutions" we had last season.

As to sitting out, we had a full compliment of offensive starters last year and they only put up a paltry number of points and underachieved for most of the season.

Perhaps it would be a positive change of pace if one of our "star palyers", i.e, Drew and Adams, would have to sit out. Ever think of it that way.

I won't be concerned about the pass rush until we start "gameplaning." The only thing that distubed me was the 2nd TD that Winfield let up... the guy could have jogged by him.

mchurchfie
08-17-2003, 05:04 PM

I agree with Shelby 110%. Now is the time to be concerned about penalties and is a direct reflection on the coach. Everytime you step out on the field should be the time to do your best...that includes preseason..when you committ penalties like the three in a row that Big Mike Williams committed last week it is just a lack of interest or/and focus and is kind of sad to see out of a guy who is in his second year and supposed to be coming into his own a little. Last night was pitiful and unexcusable...if it was Big Tuna coaching he would have benched half of those clowns :shakeno:

Also, I know that the coaches don't want to show anything to the regular season opponents but you would have thought that they could have tossed in a blitz once in awhile just to give the players a chance, instead of making a mediocre offense like Tennesee's look like the second coming of the K-Gun with their vanilla like, roll over and play dead type of defensive approach. It has to be a little demoralizing to the players...christ sakes, at least give them a chance:rolleyes:

As far as the running game, I see us maybe running a little more than last year but as soon as things start going a little wrong i can see Gilbride panicking and going right back to Drew even though it appears the line isn't blocking much better than last year. His sloooooooow developing running plays suck anyways. We need more straight ahead, smash mouth running plays with the big linemen that we have and with the limited amount of mental focus that they seem to possess anyways.:shakeno: I give GW and Gilbride about 3-4 weeks and they will be sent packing.....maybe if GW goes back to highschool coaching he might be able to at least get those players to listen to and respect him. Gilbride should take his offensive package and institute it where it belongs...in The Arena Football League.:shakeno:

The_Philster
08-17-2003, 05:06 PM
:10: great post

mchurchfie
08-17-2003, 05:21 PM
How's it going Phil.!:up:

The_Philster
08-17-2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by mchurchfie
How's it going Phil.!:up:

Not bad man, you? Looking forward to the Opener?

JefftheBillsfan
08-18-2003, 12:57 PM
If I remember correctly, there were pre-season games that led us to believing the Bills weren't a .500 club. I still like them to win 10/11. Good post mike.

lordofgun
08-18-2003, 01:02 PM
I agree with Shelby 110%.

There's a shocker. :snicker:

Ebenezer
08-18-2003, 01:18 PM
W/L is not important but looking like a bunch of slobs is reason for concern. This team needs to look a little sharp. I don't feel it is easy to just turn on a switch and play. Word from practice lately has not been encouraging. If they are sloppy in the games and sloppy in practice what are people to expect. Do you really belief that classroom time can be converted to field precision? I don't believe so, imo.

WG
08-18-2003, 01:27 PM
:up: Eb!

As well, we can be vanilla and still block or otherwise try to penetrate and execute on an individual one-on-one level. [i]That hasn't been happening in key places. Ahem, ...Adams...! Drew! OL!

Being vanilla doesn't mean, as Eb just pointed out, that you sit there, let the man across from you knock you on your ass even tho you're 30 lbs. heavier. Or allow him to control you like a 7th round rookie. In fact, I'd say that the chances of injury actually go up for you if that's all you do.

5 more days until our final prep game v. St. Louis....

WG
08-18-2003, 01:28 PM
And for Pete sakes, let's see Brown play w/ the first team O for a change. Then if he's still worse than Drew, we can cann him.

WG
08-18-2003, 01:29 PM

Come on Guys!!! It's PRE-SEASON!!!
Lighten up! You know that the Defense was just a basic D and is as vanilla as you can get. How the hell do you expect them to be able to do anything without all these schemes? As for Adams...he HATES pre-seasons and usually never plays hard during the pre-season. Bledsoe is NOT bad....he has had some problems with finding open receivers and his receivers have dropped the ball too much. That's what the pre-season is FOR!!! To work on all this stuff! Before you all go gloom and doom anymore....get off that ledge and chill out. There is still about 21 days left until the REAL season begins. Then and ONLY then can you complain and ***** and whine about them sucking. But relax guys! :D

Mike operates in two modes:

On/Off

lordofgun
08-18-2003, 01:43 PM
Mike operates in two modes:

On/Off

At least he has an "off" mode, unlike some people. :D

Billsbabee
08-18-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
W/L is not important but looking like a bunch of slobs is reason for concern. This team needs to look a little sharp. I don't feel it is easy to just turn on a switch and play. Word from practice lately has not been encouraging. If they are sloppy in the games and sloppy in practice what are people to expect. Do you really belief that classroom time can be converted to field precision? I don't believe so, imo.

Eb, you are on a roll today in my book. Another good post I concur with. :up:

Gunzlingr
08-18-2003, 02:59 PM
I wish i had read the rest of this thread, I just sold all my Bills stuff, and had my Ralph Wilson tatoo removed. Damn your shenaningans Mike!

Billsbabee
08-18-2003, 03:10 PM
:lol: Gunz

Cntrygal
08-19-2003, 06:22 AM

I agree with everything except the last sentence.

(Shelby.. feel free to payup. ;) )

doug45
08-19-2003, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by Schobel94

There is some correlation and that is you want to see the guys play with a lot of heart! I am looking forward to a great season but at this point I don't see any real heart.

Jan Reimers
08-19-2003, 10:03 AM
I'm anticipating a better effort in the Rams game. If we don't show significant improvement, I'll start to get a little worried.

casdhf
08-19-2003, 04:20 PM

I agree with Shelby 110%.

Yeah....there's a suprise :rolleyes: