PDA

View Full Version : Bills' solution at DE?

WG
08-17-2003, 03:49 PM
How about starting Posey there?

He effectively started there yesterday and outperformed all of our DEs. So why not try him at DE and try Crowell, Spoon, or Polk at SSLB.

Posey was all over the place E-W yesterday.

WG
08-17-2003, 03:50 PM
Too small I suppose....

Novacane
08-17-2003, 03:58 PM
Funny thing..................I thought he was invisible yesterday

Tatonka
08-17-2003, 04:13 PM
it may be too late to solve the DE problem at this point.. honestly, a guy getting cut from another team may be our only hope from having some consistent production from the spot..

sounds reassuring huh?

ArcticWildMan
08-17-2003, 04:25 PM
All I remember of Posey from the game was him getting stood up by the tackles.

He's not big enough to play DE every down. He's better suited to rush from the OLB spot where he can sneak in between the tackles.

John Doe
08-17-2003, 05:48 PM
I think McKenzie deserves a start.

ublinkwescore
08-17-2003, 05:53 PM
I think that no one on the DL was really trying yesterday except for when it came to the titans trying to run the ball. Maybe we want them to try passing on us more then running Eddie George so we let them make some big passing plays - Winfield didn't even look like himself last night - Clements was the only one who looked like he was really trying.

Tatonka
08-17-2003, 06:02 PM
bull crap.

Kelly The Dog
08-17-2003, 06:14 PM
On passing downs, Posey will be the LDE. They have said that over and over. We havent seen it because they arent showing their regular defense. What I have liked, and what I would like to see, is McKenzie getting to play DT on the nickel and dimes. He is the only one getting pressure on the QB, and he has done it in practice, against the Browns, Ravens, and now Titans.

WG
08-17-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
Funny thing..................I thought he was invisible yesterday

I don't think he had a lot of stats FtG, but he was around.

In fact, I thought he was Irons and was noting how he was strong E-W behind the LoS. When I noticed it was Posey I was pleasantly surprised.

LOL I suppose it would have been better for the team had it been Irons, eh.

Expansion Blues
08-17-2003, 11:17 PM
Posey is a situational pass-rusher. He can't handle the end on a 3 down basis. He will be blown out on running plays.

WG
08-17-2003, 11:32 PM
Yeah, he's too small...