PDA

View Full Version : Good things about yesterdays game

Novacane
08-17-2003, 06:55 PM
Ok..........doom and gloomers.........................we have about 20 threads going about how bad the Bills are gonna suck because of yesterdays performance so lets look at the good things.

1. Despite how bad that good for nothing fat lard Sam adams played Eddie Geroge stats 9 rushes for 22 yards 2.2 avg. Maybe SA was doing a little more than people saw.

2. Lindell..............His KO's are all going inside the 5 which we seldom got out of Hollis. Now if we can get the coverage going.

3. Return game looks like it could be very good this year!

4. Starting D did force TO for second game in a row.

ArcticWildMan
08-17-2003, 06:57 PM
:up:

It's not all doom and gloom.

Kelly The Dog
08-17-2003, 06:59 PM
In the, "Aside from the assassination, Mrs. Lincoln, how'd you like the play?" tone...besides being dominated on both sides of the ball...ridiculous no-excuse amount of penalties... shoulda woulda coulda... and other godawful showings...

Here are good things:

Special Teams. Every single return there were huge holes, starters and reserves and long runs. Lindell made a 50 yarder and kicked the ball deep on KO (there was one short one when I didnt know if it was Lindell or Witzak, they didnt show it). We also defended kicks and Dorenbos was solid. Our special teams was one of our three main worries, IMO, and they look better than they have in four years.

Our run defense was fine for the starters, even without Takeo. That is also one of our three biggest concerns, the other being pass rush, which sucked but we didnt use our zone blitz, or any blitz. We held the Titans to thirds and fourths, where McNair simply made great plays, with tightrope feet in bounds, pin-point throws, on the run. Most QBs don't make those plays.

The long drive for touchdown was on a 50 yard penalty where Ryan Denney was tackled better than any tackle the Bills made the whole game. That play simply should not have counted at all.

The Bills can run the ball, and did the whole game with the exception of a sluggish looking Gary. Travis is going to have a monster year. (MY biggest problem with the offense in the game was Gilbride looking a lot like Gilbride and throwing all the time)

Josh Reed makes that TD catch 8 or 9 times out of ten. He was wide open. That's another seven points the Bills way.

Mike Pucillo played pretty well.

Chooo-Chooo looks like the real deal.

Clements is going to be a monster. I am starting to re-evaluate my Winfield being better player stance (others have already made it).

Gash is still Gash.

Stevenson looked like he was getting killed and Takeo likely plays more stout on the few running plays the Titans did well on in the first half.

You're playing on the road against a very veteran team on national TV with all of its stars with something to prove who were in the championship game last year who are in mid-season form, and have been throughout camp from what I have read. That is a tough chore for any team.

No injuries.

ALL this bad stuff goes away with a strong showing against the Rams next week.

Novacane
08-17-2003, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Kelly The Dog

No injuries.

:up:

Tatonka
08-17-2003, 07:15 PM
i pointed out ALL of these things in my thread..

i pointed out the truth.. good and bad..

Tatonka
08-17-2003, 07:16 PM
i did forget to point out that we had no injuries.. which is great..