PDA

View Full Version : I知 glad we got beat up!

Patrick76777
08-18-2003, 08:01 AM
I think it値l snap these guys into shape. Bring them back down to earth. It痴 better then getting an ass kicking in the regular season.

clumping platelets
08-18-2003, 08:04 AM
I agree!! Leave it to a West Seneca West grad to see the light :hi5:

justasportsfan
08-18-2003, 08:07 AM
Same here. I hope the Pats get cocky and the bills get pumped. I'm not worried. I don't care if we play horribly during preseason (See Marv and the bills SB team) as long as we come out healthy (see Vick and the fins , yikes!) .

Ebenezer
08-18-2003, 08:07 AM
That makes 3...I posted a bit back that I was worried that these guys were not having 2-a days...they better snap to it quickly. Right now, unless something changes, I do not see gr-EGG making it through the year.

The_Philster
08-18-2003, 03:17 PM
You may have a point there....I just hope they wake up this weekend.

HAMMER
08-18-2003, 05:19 PM
I agree that it should help this overly cocky group put things into perspective. I liked the attitude Spikes brought but I could have done w/o his assertion that "this is the best group of LB's in the league, print it, fax it, photocopy it." Give me a break, you have to earn that. Talent on paper means nothing, as demonstrated by the Dolphins defense over the last few years.

MDFINFAN
08-19-2003, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
Same here. I hope the Pats get cocky and the bills get pumped. I'm not worried. I don't care if we play horribly during preseason (See Marv and the bills SB team) as long as we come out healthy (see Vick and the fins , yikes!) .

At some point you have to care, because bad play, i.e. penalties, no pass rush, carries over into the season. Those things they need to work out now. The rest will take care of itself.

WG
08-19-2003, 12:50 AM
I'll still feel a little better if we can move the ball on O and apply some pressure on D.

I'll feel better than if we play possum again in order to lull them into a false sense of confidence.

:rolleyes:

Yeahhhh, that's it! Lulling them into a false sense of confidence..., yeahhh!

WG
08-19-2003, 12:51 AM
This might be revolutionary, but how 'bout just executing and playing decent ball instead of trying to prematurely beat the Pats w/ mind games...

Just a thought!

:)

justasportsfan
08-19-2003, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN

At some point you have to care, because bad play, i.e. penalties, no pass rush, carries over into the season. Those things they need to work out now. The rest will take care of itself.

I agree. With all the hype about the bills having a great offseason with FA'cy, the titans game put things in perspective. We need more than just talent (see fins :D ). We need everyone to get on the same page and get chemistry. As far as those penalties go, I know everyone is eager to make a mark to make the roster but those penalties were too much too many even for a preseason game. GW better get this team disciplined (wishfully thinking).

Ebenezer
08-19-2003, 08:07 AM
I still say this team did not practice enough...you have to have 2-a-days...practice is so well scripted that there is no time to work on something if it is broken...last night at practice (admittedly I missed the first 30 mins)...I only saw them try 8 FGs...and 2 of them were fakes.

Patrick76777
08-19-2003, 08:48 AM
Anyone hear the Winfield comment?

He said that he saw the 3rd string QB in the game so he didn't think he had anything to worry about. And that it was just his luck that they threw at him.

These guys don't care about the preseason. and I know some of you are going to have a problem with that, but I don't.

Ebenezer
08-19-2003, 10:03 AM
I have a problem with the fact that he acknowledged it.

WG
08-19-2003, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by justasportsfan

I agree. With all the hype about the bills having a great offseason with FA'cy, the titans game put things in perspective. We need more than just talent (see fins :D ). We need everyone to get on the same page and get chemistry. As far as those penalties go, I know everyone is eager to make a mark to make the roster but those penalties were too much too many even for a preseason game. GW better get this team disciplined (wishfully thinking).

Indeed.

But also, everyone raves about our FAcy, but what did we really do?

Spikes, who everyone agrees will be huge.

Posey, who should be adquate, but hasn't shown anything more thus far. At least he's on the field, playing, and hustling.

Adams, who quite frankly, we picked up after failing to address our DT situation earlier w/ better options either via draft or FA.

That's it! Nothing more other than STs help. Which I think will be big. But our "offseason" wasn't particularly great IMO.

Most of it hinged or hinges on several things;

first, McKenzie or Jones working out at DE. That doesn't appear as if it is going to happen.

Adams being more than average. Right now it doesn't appear that he's even that.

Kelsay contributing. Right now he's shown nothing indicative that he can even start. For a "we had him as a first rounder", he should be able to contribute this year!

And McGahee, on whom the jury is entirely out. Will his injury issues be resolved? Will he be what he was before the third and worst of three knee injuries? We simply don't know.

Right now, I think our "offseason" could have been much, much better. Our draft didn't address our most immediate needs nor did FAcy other than w/ a risky Adams.

I can't speak for all, but I remain somewhat unimpressed other than the "Price deal" and the Spikes acquisition.

Patrick76777
08-19-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

Indeed.

But also, everyone raves about our FAcy, but what did we really do?

Spikes, who everyone agrees will be huge.

Posey, who should be adquate, but hasn't shown anything more thus far. At least he's on the field, playing, and hustling.

Adams, who quite frankly, we picked up after failing to address our DT situation earlier w/ better options either via draft or FA.

That's it! Nothing more other than STs help. Which I think will be big. But our "offseason" wasn't particularly great IMO.

Most of it hinged or hinges on several things;

first, McKenzie or Jones working out at DE. That doesn't appear as if it is going to happen.

Adams being more than average. Right now it doesn't appear that he's even that.

Kelsay contributing. Right now he's shown nothing indicative that he can even start. For a "we had him as a first rounder", he should be able to contribute this year!

And McGahee, on whom the jury is entirely out. Will his injury issues be resolved? Will he be what he was before the third and worst of three knee injuries? We simply don't know.

Right now, I think our "offseason" could have been much, much better. Our draft didn't address our most immediate needs nor did FAcy other than w/ a risky Adams.

I can't speak for all, but I remain somewhat unimpressed other than the "Price deal" and the Spikes acquisition.

This is the 100th time you've mentioned this. Congrats! We will have your prize at the opener.

WCoastFin
08-19-2003, 02:56 PM
BTW, where was Sam Adams and J.Posey???? :D LoL!

socalfan
08-19-2003, 03:28 PM
WCoastFin - I'm so looking forward to Posey saying hello to Chambers on a crossing pattern and Adams picking Ricky up off of the carpet.

The_Philster
08-19-2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
I have a problem with the fact that he acknowledged it.

So do I. I don't care if it's preseason or not...I want them putting forth an effort.