• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bulldog
    Top Dog
    • Jan 2003

Is Gary Bills Goal Line Back?

Seems like when Buffalo gets down inside the 10 yard line, Gary is the featured back. Anone else notice this?
    I only drink when I'm alone or with others.
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

On the first TD, Henry had just ripped off a 62 yard run and was being rested.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• SamAdamsFan
      • Jun 2003

This would really hurt Henry's fantasy value, but he would still be just as valuable to the team. I bet Travis could still amass huge yardage totals, maybe even beating last year's numbers. Goal line runs account for a small percentage of running plays.
      "'I get to come off the pill (the football) and destroy everything I touch,' Adams said Monday, a day after agreeing to a four-year contract. 'That's what I've got to do, come off the pill, seek and destroy. The last time I checked, I hadn't seen many guys who can do it better. In fact, I haven't seen any.' He has a point." - The Buffalo News

Comment

• Bulldog
        Top Dog
        • Jan 2003

Where there any goal line situations in the game against Baltimore? If so, who was the back?

Comment

• Pride
          • Jul 2002

Maybe goal line situations are a scarey situation for a fumbler like Henry?

Comment

• SamAdamsFan
            • Jun 2003

Olandis Gary.
            "'I get to come off the pill (the football) and destroy everything I touch,' Adams said Monday, a day after agreeing to a four-year contract. 'That's what I've got to do, come off the pill, seek and destroy. The last time I checked, I hadn't seen many guys who can do it better. In fact, I haven't seen any.' He has a point." - The Buffalo News

Comment

• Bulldog
              Top Dog
              • Jan 2003

I really think he is going to be the Bills goal line back! This could hurt Henry's fantasy value, but I for one like the way Gary runs inside the 10. The nine yard run he had on Sat. was pretty nice.

Comment

• SamAdamsFan
                • Jun 2003

Yeah, our depth is awesome. Remember those years when we had a depth chart like Antowan Smith and Linton? We have 4 or 5 backs now who are better than either of these guys.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                  Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Oh yeah, the good ol' Jonathan Linton. There's a blast from the past....

Comment

• Ingtar33
                    Dances With Buffaloes
                    • Sep 2002

In Balt, Henry didn't play at all

In Tenn, Henry just tore off a 67 yard run, and if anyone remembers anything about Herny, its if he gains 20 or more, you REST HIM for one play... or he will fall down in the backfield (I have never seen anything like it before but that trend with Henry's remained unchanged since college). Surprisingly the coaches have been doing that since about week 10 of last year.

That Gary run was just TH's rest down. Nothing to read into.
                    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                      Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                      • Jul 2002

Re: Is Gary Bills Goal Line Back?

Interesting Ing!!

Originally posted by Bulldog
                      Seems like when Buffalo gets down inside the 10 yard line, Gary is the featured back. Anone else notice this?
                      This is the type of stuff that is meaningless in PS if we want to talk about what doesn't mean much. Who starts or plays that is. Especially for us. RBs often light it up in PS but then don't even make the team. Starting RBs, for most teams, don't play well in PS b/c it's not worth running into DLs and getting injured.

Anyone remember Anthony Gray several seasons ago? He had by far the best PS of any Bills RB. Easily. Yet, he either got cut or ended up on the PS and got cut the following year or during the season.

Most teams know who their starting RB is, as do we. They're likely just using Gary to give Henry a breather as Ing said, or just trying to give him some time w/ the first unit.
                      Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Bulldog
                        Top Dog
                        • Jan 2003

Re: Re: Is Gary Bills Goal Line Back?

Originally posted by Wys Guy
                        Interesting Ing!!

This is the type of stuff that is meaningless in PS if we want to talk about what doesn't mean much. Who starts or plays that is. Especially for us. RBs often light it up in PS but then don't even make the team. Starting RBs, for most teams, don't play well in PS b/c it's not worth running into DLs and getting injured.

Anyone remember Anthony Gray several seasons ago? He had by far the best PS of any Bills RB. Easily. Yet, he either got cut or ended up on the PS and got cut the following year or during the season.

Most teams know who their starting RB is, as do we. They're likely just using Gary to give Henry a breather as Ing said, or just trying to give him some time w/ the first unit.
                        Hey Wys, who are you to determine what is meaningfull or meaningless? I was just curious to see if anyone else noticed this trend. I guess I should have started another thread discussing how inefficient Drew Bledsoe is. Chill out!

Comment

• nolimit
                          Member of the Official Drew Bledsoe Truce!
                          • Aug 2003

Re: Is Gary Bills Goal Line Back?

Originally posted by Bulldog
                          were you the one who asked this question to larry felser on todays Howard simon show?

Comment

• bernielivsey_1
                            • Jul 2003

He was tired. But if were gonna pound it in i would prefer Gary. If pass or play action Travis. Next year McGhee.
                            In Marv We Trust
                            The Past Is Now The Future

Comment

• Bulldog
                              Top Dog
                              • Jan 2003

Re: Re: Is Gary Bills Goal Line Back?

Originally posted by nolimit

were you the one who asked this question to larry felser on todays Howard simon show?
                              No. But I heard them talking about the same exact thing on 107.7 WNSA this morning. They were saying that it appears as though Gary will be the short yardage back. What did Felser have to say about it?

Comment

Working...
                              X